nose piercing retainer help

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
silentstorm

nose piercing retainer help

Post by silentstorm » Sat May 23, 2009 3:19 pm

I've had a clear retainer in my nose for several weeks (it has a small knobble on the back to stop it coming out ) it went in ok now I can't get it out! I've tried to cut it with scissors but none I have seem sharp enough, I've tried just pulling but this doesn't work and ends up hurting for a day afterwards!

What can I do?

Noodles!

Re: nose piercing retainer help

Post by Noodles! » Sat May 23, 2009 7:59 pm

(This might go well in the Piercing Thread) ;)

Oh my, was it a fresh piercing when you put the retainer in? If so there is a possibility it could have healed over the jewellery itself. Can you twist or move it at all, does it cause you pain to do so?

If worst comes to worse, you could go to a piercing shop and ask them to remove it for you - they might charge you though :/
x Peace Love Unity Respect x

starlight

Post by starlight » Sat May 23, 2009 9:30 pm

going to see a piercer is probably the best idea.. a bit of vaseline might help you ease it out though, trying after a hot shower might help open it up a little too..

retainers like that with knobbles at both ends are probably not the best idea, especially if it's not a well healed piercing, since the piercing shrinks around whatever is in it.. my mum wears really small gauge earrings all the time, and got a pair which were ever so slightly thicker (they didn't even look like 16g so heaven knows what the ones she usually wears are) which were a struggle to put in!

kaned_ferret

Post by kaned_ferret » Sun May 24, 2009 12:27 pm

ah man I hate the nose studs with bobbles on to keep them in - had one once and was literally a case on grin, bear it and yank hard to get the sod out OUCH!

I would definitely advise going to see a piercer - if it's currently sore from a recent yanking attempt leave it a couple of days then go see what they can do.

Can you cut the top off in any way? (as in the bit on the outside of your nose) then just pull it through from the inside?

silentstorm

Post by silentstorm » Sun May 24, 2009 1:29 pm

Sorry if this didn't go in the appropriate thread,

I've not used this forum much since it moved from extra-muffins due to moving home and to be honest I find it rather strict with the philosophy of 'a place for everything and everything in it's place'.

I see the advantages but find it much less user friendly and there seems less of a community spirit? I'm sure I just need to get used to it and everyone's new names too.

I ended up just yanking it- I've had it for 2 yrs but I'm a VERY poor healer- all my piercings have taken years to stop being troublesome. I got a ring in it but it hurt a lot and I've come up with a big red spot like lump at the side of it - i used to get these all the time but havent for months so I'm abit miffed with it!

Thank you all for the advice x

TOXIKITTY

Post by TOXIKITTY » Sun May 24, 2009 1:39 pm

Glad you managed to get it out! I've had a ring stuck in my tragus for a while, keep meaning to go to a piercer to get it taken out but I keep forgetting whenever I'm near one =/

Once you realise you can't get something out it drives you mad!! I twitch everytime I think about mine, heh.
<´¯`·.TOXIKITTY.·´¯`>
..Deader than last year's cat..

kyandii

Post by kyandii » Sun May 24, 2009 5:57 pm

kaned_ferret wrote:ah man I hate the nose studs with bobbles on to keep them in - had one once and was literally a case on grin, bear it and yank hard to get the sod out OUCH!
I had one of those, couldn't get it out, so got my friend to pull it out and I fainted :lol:

Noodles!

Post by Noodles! » Sun May 24, 2009 8:57 pm

Wow i'm glad I haven't had one of those and don't plan to - they sound painful!

Also, i'm sure stretching the hole every time you put the stud in can't be good for you!
x Peace Love Unity Respect x

WalksWithStrangers

Post by WalksWithStrangers » Mon May 25, 2009 11:16 am

starlight wrote:retainers like that with knobbles at both ends are probably not the best idea, especially if it's not a well healed piercing, since the piercing shrinks around whatever is in it..
That happened to me once, i put an earring (a really slender hoop) in my nose once and when the time came i got bored of it and wanted to put my old stud back in, it wouldnt fit!
As opposed to a) putting the ring back in, or b) waiting for it to close up and getting it re-pierced i broke out my old ear-stretching kit and stretched it with my super teeny taper until my old jewellery fit. :lol: .
And, goodness does stretching nose piercings hurt!

But really, i hate those studs with the bobbles too, they can be a pain to put in but im a firm believer of nose screws.
Texas Chainsaw Teletubby: Po!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”