Dementia Clothing

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Elisha24

Dementia Clothing

Post by Elisha24 » Tue May 05, 2009 5:37 am

Has anyone ordered from here and sucessfully received there items?
I am terribly sad atm that a top I ordered from there hasnt arrived and its had to escalate to a Paypal dispute due to various reasons. It's so hard to find really good cyber clothes, and ones that are affordable in Australia :( My sewing skills are terrible too!

rivetlicker_

Re: Dementia Clothing

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue May 05, 2009 7:56 am

Elisha24 wrote:Has anyone ordered from here and sucessfully received there items?
I am terribly sad atm that a top I ordered from there hasnt arrived and its had to escalate to a Paypal dispute due to various reasons. It's so hard to find really good cyber clothes, and ones that are affordable in Australia :( My sewing skills are terrible too!
I'm an Aussie.
I buy from ebay usually.
I also look out for trades and sales on these communities. There's always something up for grabs, just keep looking :)

Armitage

Post by Armitage » Thu May 21, 2009 11:29 pm

I also ordered the Aurora shrug from them back in april. Still haven't received it and it is too late to file a paypal claim now:/ I have bought things from them on ebay before with success and thought it would be safe.

I mailed when it had been 6 weeks since I placed my order and got a response that they needed my bust measurements, cause they where working on it then. It has been over two months now. Their page says that it takes 4-6 weeks to make a garment. I wrote to them again for about two weeks ago and this time there was no answer.

I would advice people to steer clear of them, cause this is not a good business practice and is starting to remind of the whole JD case.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat May 23, 2009 8:56 pm

Kinda like Futurstate. It's probably not a good idea to order directly from them if you need something quick.
Took 3 months (instead of the 6 weeks quoted) to receive my top.
Mind you, I rang several times and they ended up sending me a bag with it to make up for lost time.

Keep persisting, if worse comes to worse, file a claim with your local fair trade authorities.

Sybafairy

Post by Sybafairy » Sat May 23, 2009 8:58 pm

rivetlicker_ wrote:Kinda like Futurstate. It's probably not a good idea to order directly from them if you need something quick.
Mind you, I rang several times and they ended up sending me a bag with it to make up for lost time.

Keep persisting, if worse comes to worse, file a claim with your local fair trade authorities.

Ugh kinda hijacing a minute.. did it really take Futurstate that long?? I want to order a couple of bits when i get paid.. but fook 3 months :/
Blue Army ----- Cavalry Commander and General Nommer of biscuits

allthistightness

Post by allthistightness » Sun May 24, 2009 1:14 am

Ahh man -insert SUPER sad face here-.....glad I read this because I was going to buy from Dementia on Tuesday for an upcoming concert in June.

:( They have really cool clothes so it's going to be hard to find another alternative...Ebay, here I come lol.
:)

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun May 24, 2009 2:06 am

Sybafairy wrote:
rivetlicker_ wrote:Kinda like Futurstate. It's probably not a good idea to order directly from them if you need something quick.

Ugh kinda hijacing a minute.. did it really take Futurstate that long?? I want to order a couple of bits when i get paid.. but fook 3 months :/
There are a couple of stores on ebay that stock Futurstate. It might be worth it to check them out to see if they have the items you want, because if Futurstate are out of stock, then it will be a hit and miss with waiting.

allthistightness

Post by allthistightness » Tue May 26, 2009 4:30 am

Does this hold true for their pre-made items also, or is it just when you order something that has to be created?

-crosses fingers lol-
:)

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue May 26, 2009 5:14 am

allthistightness wrote:Does this hold true for their pre-made items also, or is it just when you order something that has to be created?

-crosses fingers lol-
If it's in stock, I think it's shipped straight away. In my case, they didn't have any in stock.

Elisha24

Post by Elisha24 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:54 am

Bit of an update.
Honestly I will never ever order or recommend Dementia to anyone, what a horrible experience. She swears it was sent, but can't give me a correct tracking number and said she had just moved and couldn't find the reciept. The last I heard was she offered quite bluntly to resend it (There was a bit of an issue with my pay pal and a msg of mine didnt go through but once I sent it I got no reply) So its been 2months and no sign of the package and I havent heard anything from her in at least 2-3 weeks. I filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau no reply, and have now filed a pay pal claim just waiting on a response. All her responses have been blunt and unhelpful id be a lot more sympathetic about the situation if she'd been a bit more helpful.
My item was sent out supposably in about 6days so I dont think it matters if it needs to be made up or not.

Armitage

Post by Armitage » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:17 pm

I haven't got any reply to my messages about my order status. It has been 3 months now. So I went to their site and it said that the account had been suspended. The website isn't there anymore. Now I am beginning to think that I have been ripped off. If I don't get an answer soon, I will have to file mailfraud.

Elisha24

Post by Elisha24 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:22 am

Honestly I would go ahead and file it now! I wouldnt hold your breath on receiving it. Just do a google search and you will find quite a few people complaining if you need any backup, for your claim, I am also willing to speak up if you need evidence. Pay pal ruled in my favour and I got my money back thankfully, I honestly never thought i'd see it but I am so glad it's now been resolved. Worst online shopping experience ever :(
I can still see the website.. she is even listing new things I dont understand why you would bother listing new things if you are never going to even send people their items.

NeonAddiction

Post by NeonAddiction » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:48 pm

OMG!

Are they really that horrible?

The site is:
http://www.dementiaclothing.com

It looks up and running to me. I just found it recently, and one of the tops is PERFECT for my next cosplay. :( It really worries me if multiple people aren't receiving their items.

I mean, you can eventually get your money back through paypal but its a EXTREMELY drawn out process, that i rather not deal with if possible. :i3:
neon love will always be in my heart!

Elisha24

Post by Elisha24 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:02 am

Yeah I probably wouldn't risk it I havent come across one person that has recieved their items and hasnt had to wait months and months assuming they even recieved it.

Armitage

Post by Armitage » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:41 am

I still haven't received a thing and I ordered the shrug back in march:( I have sent her multiple messages through email and even responded to her postings on livejournal without any answers.

Now I am trying to friend her on myspace and send her messages through there. If she doesn't answer then, then she must be ignoring me.

Also, just went to log in on my account at her site to check my order status and the link that takes you to the shop area is gone and I can't log in. I think it's weird, cause it isn't the first time that it has been something wrong with the site.

Starting to doubt that i will ever get that shrug:( Over 50 bucks out the window.

Elisha24

Post by Elisha24 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:33 am

I friended her on myspace when I first found her, I was just so excited to find some really good unique clothing, she denied me straight up a few other people complained of the same thing.
File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (not that mine did anything but at least it puts another mark against her name!) then if you paid with paypal open a dispute, thats how I got my money back. If you paid by credit card ring your credit card company, I am sure if you provide proof via the BBB and peoples post they will refund for you!

elliss_seven

Post by elliss_seven » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:37 am

Elisha24 wrote:Honestly I would go ahead and file it now! I wouldnt hold your breath on receiving it. Just do a google search and you will find quite a few people complaining if you need any backup, for your claim, I am also willing to speak up if you need evidence. Pay pal ruled in my favour and I got my money back thankfully, I honestly never thought i'd see it but I am so glad it's now been resolved. Worst online shopping experience ever :(
I can still see the website.. she is even listing new things I dont understand why you would bother listing new things if you are never going to even send people their items.
You should make a feedback post for Dementia in the Community Pages section, to help out others who ever think about ordering from her. That's really lame how she screwed you over. :[
The one and only .. Facebook.com/ls.seven

Elisha24

Post by Elisha24 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:45 am

Will do :) Id hate to see anyone else waste their money, specially if they arent as lucky as me to get the money back.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”