The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
ShadowThrone

Re: The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Wow, Vics! I hadn't realised you'd lost that much, you're doing great :D

Well after my big recent loss, I've stayed the same again! I am tempted by the Dukan diet I must admit, since I don't have *much* to lose. I eat low carbish at the mo, with some wholegrain things, like brown rice, bit of brown bread. I don't know...I work out a lot, not sure how that affects the needs for carbs etc.

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:13 pm

The reason you cut carbs out is because the body burns them in preference over anything else. Alcohol is even worse. Maybe try and see what the Dukan website says is your goal weight. And consider it from there. It may not have you losing much as you've already lost so much already.
*Rule Obsessor*

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Cool, I'll check it out :D I generally eat quite a bit of protein anyway.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:59 pm

I checked my crab sticks - 100% surumi :D I really want to get some of those shiritaki noodles too, I lived on noodles before. I do miss them.

I'm going to rejoin tics with gusto as my physio is increasing my amount of exercise so it makes sense to incorporate it all.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:35 pm

Where do you get those crab sticks from?? All the ones I can find have about 15% carbs in them and are unsuitable. :(

And I keep wanting to go to China Town in Manchetser to see if they have the noodles. Don't want to pay ridiculous prices buying them online. If you find a good stockists, let me know.
*Rule Obsessor*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:07 pm

I lied, they are surumi, but not 100%. More like 40% or something. We're more in to eating red meat by the kilo atm.

OK, so I weigh my pre baby weight. Lost 8kg in total & I've just done a measurement comparison from when I started to now:

Chest: 37" - 37"!!!!!!
Waist: 34" - 32"
Lower waist: 40" - 39"
Hips: 43.5" - 42"
Thigh: 24.5" - 22.5

I'm going for at least another half a stone loss. This was my original concern, technically my pre-baby weight was my goal but then I decided to lower it & I have a feeling if I hit the new target (10 1/2st) I'll want to see if I can get lower.

I'll be happy if I drop a dress size. edit: according to the "what size am I" website, I'm a 12-14 now. if I lose another 2 " from my waist, hips & chest then it'll have dropped a dress size.

I'm too tired to exercise, I know, I know. doing it actually gives you energy but no, really. I fucking ache. So much. It's not funny.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:20 pm

Well done, Sarah :D

My chest stayed almost the same size even though I lost loads, basically went down a cup size but still the same back size! and still a D cup :lol:

I'm not sure what to do about my weight at the mo. I want to lose about 5-6 kgs still, Ive been working out a lot and have gained some, but my body does look firmer. So I don't know. Tempted to say fuck the scales now, but I do just want to lose that little bit more :roll:

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:56 pm

People have rarely believed me when I tell them how much I weigh or tell me I don't need to lose weight. I think that's why I like the measurements thing, I like that I know I've lost just over a stone, but what I like more is All Saints size 12 fits me :P

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Yeah I know what you mean! I'm totally happy being a 12 :lol:

Eurgh, I'll have a mess about with my food and workouts and see how it goes I suppose.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:13 pm

I'm not much help, I know :P Err, a few ladies are doing 30 days shred. Have you tried that? Or maybe Insanity or P90X? I tried insanity, it nearly killed me. I wish I was joking, but no really, it is INSANE! I only did the fit test too O_o

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Hehe! Yeah I have tried the shred, I think my gym workouts are ok, although the heavy weights are probably building a bit of muscle, but I enjoy it, and it's good for me :lol: Insanity does look quite...insane :P

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:01 am

I'm on Dukan too and if I'm honest I suck at it.
I lost 9 pounds and got down to an even 11 stone but I'm struggling to push through the barrier and get under 11 stone. It doesn't help that I do a conditioning class every week which makes my weight rocket 2 pounds higher the day after every class. Right now I'm at 11 stone 2 :/

My weaknesses on the diet are alcohol and bacon. I try to stick to vodka and diet coke but I know I really shouldn't be drinking it. It does annoy me that bacon isn't technically allowed on the diet because it's so quick to cook and I need things like that before I have to run to work.

For the shirataki noodles the cheapest I've found them is £2.45 for 400g. I don't know if that helps you guys? http://sushisushi.co.uk/shirataki-noodl ... 0mtl9vut22.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:11 am

Haaaaaaaaa! That's weird, I got to 11st & haven't lost anything else either, I've stagnated for about the past 2 or 3 weeks. I was gonna do attack again because I'm terrible at remembering to exercise, or I'm too exhausted to do any. On the diet plan I should lose another half stone by the end of the month.

Sam, technically you can still eat bacon, you just need to trim the fat off it first. I still eat cereal & that's the main downfall for me. I ate pasta the other day cos I was in a rush to get something for lunch & I felt awful for the rest of the day.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:01 am

I'm also 11 stone :lol: that was my goal, I got just under and now I'm back to the same!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:40 am

The only time I've weighed less as an adult is when I ate about 300 calories a day. I'm not kidding. I used to eat a bowl of chips at about 2am & that was about it.....well, aside from the booze I drank 4 nights a week. But even then I think the least I weighed was about 10st 8. It's why I always thought that dieting was a little pointless for me. I hit a weight & don't go any lower.

I wouldn't have thought you were 11st Amy, especially as you're a dress size (at least!!) smaller than me. saying that though, I put my measurements on one of those "what dress size are you" and some of them said I'm a size 18 O_o

Edit: I'm just over 11st. I don't know how but I've had my first gain :(

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:55 am

Loads of people have said that, it's really weird! I'm generally a 12 but it can be a 10 or a 14 depending on the shop of course :roll: then again, I think you look smaller than me, but it's probably because you're taller. I never knew how much all this varied until I started losing weight. Like my mum is a size 12 and shes only 9 and a half stone, but she's also only about 5'2 :lol:

I think I'm going to give calorie counting another crack. It's what got all that weight off to start! I do think the amount I'm working out is keeping my weight a bit up, but at the same time it's also keeping it stable even if I overindulge a bit. Such a tricky business, I never thought it would all be harder after I lost most of what I wanted to :lol: I can notice improvements in my body from working out but I'm still thinking about the numbers in the back of my head. Arrgh!

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:38 pm

Well my weight loss has no slowed. :( I'm still losing but at a decreased rate. However, I'm no longer on Dukan. I missed cheese too much so I decided on straight low carb(Thanks to advice from beccah). Hell yeah cheese. It was strange though... In my first two weeks on low carb, I lost another 7lbs in quick succession which was weird as I didn't think that I had another spurt to lose. I'm assuming that is why I've losing slower now. I expect it will pick up eventually.

I currently weigh 12st 9lbs >.< Over 40lbs down. I'm aiming now for at least 10st 7lbs(Dukan gw was 11st3lb) and I'm a size 14 in most things. Although my boobs still have to be squished in now and then.

Started at:
Bust: 47"
Underbust: 42"
Waist: 40"
Lower Waist: 46"
Hips: 45"

Now at:
Bust: 43"
Underbust: 36"
Waist: 34"
Lower Waist: 39"
Hips: 40"

And I've lost 2-3 inches off my arms and legs.

I've started Callanetics again and its much more noticeable this time. I just hope to lose some more off my lower waist because its where I feel I have the most to lose. I have very little to lose from my hips but I lost all the inches there before losing pretty much anywhere else. :/ I actually went down to 39" before I ended up toning up and it going up to 40".

To those of you(Looking at you Amy :P) who have lost lots of weight, does each lb make more of a different towards the end of the weight loss? As it is, I just can't see myself as happy at my goal weight yet. :(
*Rule Obsessor*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:42 pm

Haaa. Be glad you're not an athlete then!! They have BMI's that state they're obese! :lol: :roll:

IDK. I may have to crack the whip with Dukan. we've been laxing a little, buying things that we shouldn't. But I think if it's so much effort to lose some weight, then surely you won't keep it off because it was so hard to in the first place? IDK maybe I'm being defeatist??

edit: vics I said something similar the other day too, I've avoided a diet for a long time because I reckon I would think "if I've lost this much, then surely I can lose some more"
Last edited by MrsEss on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:45 pm

I'm technically still classed as obese. :( Only for a couple more lbs. I've always been on the heavy side but I've also always been quite muscular. 10st 7lb is actually the point at which I would have a "normal" BMI ¬_¬
*Rule Obsessor*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Really? How tall are you?

I had a normal BMI to start with & it's dropped a point or 2, my GW would mean it'd drop again to about 20. I try not to notice BMI though because it's bollocks.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:27 pm

Vicsarina wrote:
To those of you(Looking at you Amy :P) who have lost lots of weight, does each lb make more of a different towards the end of the weight loss? As it is, I just can't see myself as happy at my goal weight yet. :(
Yeah it kind of does, it's so hard for yourself to see. I still want to lose a bit more because of my stomach, but the rest I am happier with, but I have loose skin etc and fat on my stomach. The biggest difference for me was probably from 80kgs to 70, thens when I really started to look very different in the face etc as well.

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:32 pm

I'm 5'4. I'm a little shortarse :( I think I started with a BMI of 37-38. I am as of now, 30.3.

I actually weighed myself just after I posted that and noticed I went down today by 0.8lbs. Woo.

But anyway, I have noticed definition at the moment. The muscles of my legs are especially noticeable and I'm starting to get a much more defined chin and even collarbones. Its just my main problems are my stomach and in fact my boobs. Wouldn't mind having a little less there. ¬_¬

When I look in the mirror though... I look the same as I always did. But if I say... Look at a particular part like just my arms without a mirror... I can see a difference. Its really strange. :(

Edit: That isn't my highest BMI though. I used to weigh 16st 7lbs and was like a 39.6 BMI. O.o Not been that weight for a long time. Its kinda embarrassing to think of it. I guess that's why I never really was that open about my weight before.
*Rule Obsessor*

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:42 pm

I was even more than you Vics, it's still totally shaming for me, even now. But yeah, I STILL have moments where I think I look exactly the same. The other day I was hugging my OH and I saw the reflection of my back/arm muscles in the laptop screen, that was a shocker :lol: but most of the time I do still feel like I'm that same person. I'm still surprised when I see my reflection sometimes!

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Thanks Amy <3 I glad its not just me and you've helped me feel a little bit better.

Although I must admit its kinda awkward when people compliment me on my weightloss especially my sister who has now started calling me "Skinny Bitch". Seriously, because that helps. :/
*Rule Obsessor*

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:19 am

My friends call me skinny all the time even though I'm far from it! I guess compared to my old weight, I am skinny though :lol:

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”