The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
LizSherman

The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Post by LizSherman » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:10 pm

So how is everyone doing? =D
My WI was this morning (I'm on the points plan and I follow WW online :) )
Lost 1.5 lbs last week... bringing my total weight loss to 1 Stone 7.7 lbs!! (Since I've been on WW, I actually shed half a stone before I started but that took foreeeever!)
I'm now only 12-13 lbs from goal. So close I can smell it!
Been on WW since 23/04/08, so I don't think it's going too badly.
Will post pics of my progress soon, been taking snaps at every half stone!

inf3cted

Re: The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Post by inf3cted » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:56 pm

i joined up a couple of weeks ago and lost 6 pounds in one week :D i couldnt go last week cos i didnt have any money :(

but well done hun!! thats well good! points plan all the way!

Tainted

Post by Tainted » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:58 pm

Well done on the loss :D

My local class ended in May as the leader moved away and I tried to keep going on my own by just using the website......it didn't work :oops:

I lost a total of 8 pounds in around 2 months which I didn't think was too bad, but I find it really hard trying to continue it on my own.

My weight yo'yo's a lot, I lost 5 pounds in my first week with WW then put it back on over a few other weeks :cry:

Are you able to stick to just the website or do you go to the class as well?

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:15 pm

Just the website for me! I have M.E so I often find i'm too tired for the thought of going out to a class :)

inf3cted

Post by inf3cted » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:31 pm

i know i personally go to the class! i think its nice going to the class cos everyone cheers you on if you've done well!!

But always remember exercise is the key!!

M3licious

Post by M3licious » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:58 pm

So i happy i joined, i started in april and have lost 2 stone so far, plus i just got engaged so im defo gonna have to carry on with it now and try and be more motivated!

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:52 pm

can I join in even though I am not with WW? I am actually having psychotherapy and hypnotherapy for weight loss ( thank heavens my friend is a trained practicioner) costs me about the same as WW would.

But I would like to join in as it is encouraging to read about others and receive encouragement!

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:35 pm

I don't see why not! I'd be really interested to see how the psychotherapy and hypnotherapy works actually :)
Well done to everyone so far, I really need to try and up my excersize.
Got Wii Fit quite recently though, so maybe doing the yoga every day would be a good start?

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:58 pm

I have got a wii fit- must actually use it more!!!

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:42 am

I'll join in as well then if you don't have to be a WW member. I've never wanted to do WW because I hate the idea of going somewhere and getting weighed, I'd never go, I'd be too embarassed I also don't like being so restricted in what I can / can't eat with the points thing so I've always just dieted on my own terms.

I managed to drop 5 stone in a year back when I was 20 just from changing my diet, no exercise(well apart from a 15 min walk to work each day). After piling pretty much all of it back on after having my daughter I lost 2 stone via exercise and a strict diet last year, got to a point when I just wasn't losing anything despite eating less / working out more so I kinda gave up binged and put it all back on again(and then some). I got to about 13st 9lbs and thought whoa better do something about this so I started to diet / exercise again, lost a stone and hit a wall again, couldn't lose anymore. So I kinda gave up again but managed to not put anything on(well I'd gain a 1lb or 2 but lose it again).

Then missanthropik posted a link to a weightloss site which is fantastic! It works out how many cals to have a day to lose up to a max of 2lbs a week based on your height, current weight, age, amount of exercise you do etc. So back on my diet / exercise so far I've lost a 1lb but that's my own fault because I've still been binging, I eat when I'm stresed / upset and when my daughter was in hospital I used it as an exscuse to binge. I've been pretty good with the exercise though, I try to workout everyday but somedays I just can't be bothered so I don't, I try to work out at least 3 or 4 times a week. I have 3 dvds, natalie cassidy's then & now, martine mccutechones(spelt wrong :lol:) dance body & billy blanks tae bo workout. I also have a step machine & a trampoline. I tend to do 1 of my dvd's(if i'm feeling lazy but can still manage a workout I do the quick tae bo one which is only 17mins long) and burn off 200cals or so on the stepper and if I can be bothered I do 50 - 100 situps.

I'm hoping my husband has bought me wii fit as one of my birthday presents it looks brilliant, I dropped enough hints so hopefully by this time next week I'll be working out with that as well :D In total I'm hoping to lose about 5st 7lbs by this time next year, every year on my birthday I keep saying right this is it this is the last time I'm going to be fat on my birthday, I just hope I stick to it this time!

Well done everyone on all your weightloss keep it up! :D
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

Tainted

Post by Tainted » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:26 am

A friend of mine recently bought the wii fit and has lost around 9 pounds on it just by using it for 30 minutes each night after work.

My boy doesn't know it yet, but that's what he's getting for his birthday....so I can steal it :mrgreen:

zaahn

Post by zaahn » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:04 pm

Im really tempted to invest in a Wii fit now... hmm...

Im another non-WW slimmer - im with Shapes cos its 30 seconds walk from my house :P I've been going 4 weeks and im down 7lbs :) Im pretty pleased cos i've had pretty much hard weeks every week through visiting friends in different cities most weekends where I couldn't cook properly. And im only losing a stone so its hard going :( Anybody have any tips? Honestly im most concerned about that fact I cant seem to eat enough each day, im always well under my points which just makes me lose weight slower, grr!!
http://www.zaahndreads.co.uk - Dedicated to bringing you high quality synthetic dreads for over 10 years.

http://www.katiestainer.co.uk - Contemporary origami jewellery and accessories.

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:25 pm

I didn't get back on SW plan until two weeks ago. I lost 1lb last week but nothing this week. I am thinking about stopping going cuz I can't be bothered to pay all the money to find out i haven't lost. I have tried to do it properly too, buying loads of food so I don't go hungry and stuff. I have lost a stone in all since April, which is pretty crap considering I expected to lost a lot more in a lot less time.
I am neither blue nor red. I am a proud recruit of the Indecisive Army!

Tainted

Post by Tainted » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:04 pm

Lorny wrote:I didn't get back on SW plan until two weeks ago. I lost 1lb last week but nothing this week. I am thinking about stopping going cuz I can't be bothered to pay all the money to find out i haven't lost. I have tried to do it properly too, buying loads of food so I don't go hungry and stuff. I have lost a stone in all since April, which is pretty crap considering I expected to lost a lot more in a lot less time.
I tried SW and I wasn't a huge fan.

Does your class leader embarass people in the circle if they don't lose weight? Mine did :evil: :roll:

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:01 pm

Tainted wrote:
Does your class leader embarass people in the circle if they don't lose weight? Mine did :evil: :roll:
Well she does point it out in the group and gives the old 'lauren didn't do too well again this week' thing. It does get on my nerves, but that was supposed to be the reason I made sure I stayed on the diet. It didn't really work though cuz I never stay on plan properly. Although I think the whole 'eat what you want' thing is crap, cuz I eat loads of sin free foods and still put on weight. Its stupid cuz the reason I am fat is cuz I eat too much anyway. I thought this diet was my way to stuff my face and still lose weight. :roll:
I am neither blue nor red. I am a proud recruit of the Indecisive Army!

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:19 pm

I'm not on Weight Watchers; but I thought I'd be excited somewhere about my 4lb weightloss XD

inf3cted

Post by inf3cted » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:52 am

im now a clark of weight watchers which means i help out and dont have to pay :p

<<Miss_Sami>>

Post by <<Miss_Sami>> » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:24 pm

I'm not on WW, but I'm on a diet, gone from 13st 4 to 12st 9 so far. Once I'm under 12st 6 I'm no longer classed as "overweight" but I think I'd like to be 11st something. At the moment I'm cutting out bread, noodles and pasta (not all carbs just those) as I eat way too much of those things.
Sam-I-Am || Flickr || Tumblr

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:54 pm

Congrats everyone on your weight losses! =D
Sami - I tried cutting out the carbs, but some of my favorite foods are pasta, crumpets and toast! So I couldn't do it for long, and when I did, it didn't make much of a difference!
It's aaaaall about portion control :)

Tainted

Post by Tainted » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:22 pm

Lorny wrote:Although I think the whole 'eat what you want' thing is crap, cuz I eat loads of sin free foods and still put on weight. Its stupid cuz the reason I am fat is cuz I eat too much anyway. I thought this diet was my way to stuff my face and still lose weight. :roll:
I had the very same problem on Slimming World - I stuffed myself with Sin free food like they told me too and of course, it took up residence around my buttcheeks :oops: :lol:

Silly diets.

I much preferred weight watchers myself, the points system made me feel like I was controlling my portions easier and no humiliation at the meetings if I didn't lose weight :oops:

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:36 pm

Weighed in this morning... another 1lb loss! Yaaay! =D

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:57 pm

go you!

Tainted

Post by Tainted » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:51 am

LizSherman wrote:Weighed in this morning... another 1lb loss! Yaaay! =D