The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
patricia*star

Re: The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Post by patricia*star » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:34 pm

I have large tomatoes, boiled eggs, probiotic yogurt with added linseeds/flaxseeds and assortments of nuts as snacks hun

Thanks amy, its all progress innit :D
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:54 pm

I was gonna suggest hard boiled eggs and yogurt too. I'm not doing official low carb, but I don't see the point in carby snacks. I like a yogurt with a teaspoon of sunflower seeds too :)

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Don't yogurts have sugar and/or fruit (and therefore carbs) in them though? Especially low-fat ones? Or do you get full fat plain yogurt and add the seeds/nuts to them? Also, milk is quite high in carbs, I didn't realize quite how much until I looked it up, turns out my morning latte has 22g of carbs in it, more than I'm trying to have in a day, so I've switched to soya latte instead, which is low in carbs.
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:51 pm

I don't know, I eat these crazy high protein yogurts we have in Norway :lol:

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:55 pm

I must have a look in the supermarket here next time I go shopping. I'm pretty sure I can get soya yogurts here, so that might be an option. Thanks for the ideas ladies!
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:54 am

Now 6 stone 2lbs down :mrgreen:

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:28 pm

Little Wicked wrote:I must have a look in the supermarket here next time I go shopping. I'm pretty sure I can get soya yogurts here, so that might be an option. Thanks for the ideas ladies!
Yeah try soya yogurts hun and add the seeds and things to them yourself :D
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:33 pm

So I've put a calorie counter in my phone and according to that I'm under eating by around 800 calories a day, based on a Target of 1700 a day.

How the hell am I supposed to get another 800 calories in? I think I might eat some chocolate to make to the deficit.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:22 am

I sometimes have days when I don't get enough calories either, usually I top it up with fruit and greek yogurt or something, although sometimes a little chocolate too ;)

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Frr--uit? *quizzical look* what is this "fruit" :lol: I don't eat it. Or only in summer, twice maybe.

It's not some days, it's every day. I need to eat 1000 cals for dinner!!! I told you, I have a weird relationship with food. If I'm not hungry I don't eat, some days that's not until 4pm ish.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:38 pm

:lol: maybe a big old dinner would work then? I tend to take in most of my calories then.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:58 pm

OK, my greasy lunch & the 4 bits of toblerone I've just eaten have helped. I'm only 100 under what I should be :D

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:48 am

Mmm toblerone.

I have lost 53 inches all over :D 10 each from the main bits, bust, waist, hips.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:46 pm

I've deleted my app, I know I eat less than I should but I also know there is no way I can force any more food in me, I just can't.

I find clothes to be really frustrating though, I have size 12 tops & leggings, size 14 jeans are now loose on me & I don't need to unfasten them to take them off, but my work trousers are a 16. I'm pretty happy, I also like being oblivious to how much I weigh. I think I just need to stick with Tics & increase my cardio.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:55 am

At my weigh in on wednesday i lost another 1.5 lb, this takes me to 10st 4.5lb.

Im so pleased with this but as im a short arse i want to get down to 8.5-9st god willing :D

Bri lost another 5lb this week, hes doing so well bless him!

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:19 am

You look great, Sarah and I don't think you need to weigh yourself if you're happy not doing it :) if you feel ok with that amount of food, maybe it's just the way your body is. If you do start with cardio, you should probably get some more calories in though.

Lisa, you are teeny weeny, and at my goal! :P well done to Bri too! My OH lost around 12 kilos this year just from me making healthier stuff (he still gets his own treats haha) which is weird, because he wasn't that heavy at all, but he does look better.

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:58 am

ShadowThrone wrote:Now 6 stone 2lbs down :mrgreen:
Wow you have done so well, congratulations. This is something I seriously need to do after xmas. Just got into a viscious cirle of poor eating and lack of exercise but can't seem to get out of it. How long have you been losing the weight?
http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:17 pm

I'm massive after Christmas now haha. Back on track tomorrow, got a few more lbs I want to lose.

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Hey guys I need some advice. I'm starting dieting on Monday, but it's more just eating healthy. I want to eat about 1600 cals and i'm ok for the first two meals but i'm not sure what to do about dinners. Not sure if I should cal count, or what. Does anyone have any good websites with healthy recipes on? Perferably dinners. Maybe with the cal content on?
Or does anyone have any advice on where to start the diet from the food side?!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:31 am

Get a calorie counter app. There are loads for free, its how I figured things out. Might be a good start.

Oh and thank-you Amy.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:30 pm

Hmmm... New year, new start! Let's see how long that lasts for. :lol:

I was actually doing pretty well over xmas, but then I decided to make up for lost snacks and ate a load of crap over the past couple of weeks. Looking at your pics though, Amy, is helping me get my arse back into gear! I know what I'm doing, I've done it before! It's just the motivation, and knowing I was once there!

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Thanks Lorny :D you were some of my first inspiration, weird huh?!

I gained some weight over Christmas, the first weigh in suggested almost a stone, then a week of eating clean and working out, it was more like 4 lbs. I retain water like mad, and that scared the shit out of me, considering I knew I hadn't been so careful, but not that bad to gain that much! Back on track for my last 10lbs to lose! (can't believe it's that little!)

How is everyone else doing? :)

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:02 pm

I've lost 8lbs since Tuesday. I am really proud of myself and shows what a poor diet and exercise regime I was on previously. A long way for me to go yet tho, but feel so much happier and healthier already!
http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:34 am

Hey guys! Well, I start eating good today. I thought over xmas I had put on a stone. This is because my mums scales put me at 16.6 stone. I've weighed myself today with my scales, and i'm 15.13!! Shows how rubbish my mums scales are to be half a stone out.
Turns out George has LOST weight over xmas haha.

starlight

Post by starlight » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:28 pm

I gained 2lb over Christmas. The problem is the other half a stone I managed to slowly gain between about September and Christmas, hah.. Diet starts back properly once time of the month is over, because I'm unable to resist the leftover chocolates and biscuits we still have at work right now :lol:

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”