The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
MrsEss

Re: The Weight Watchers Thread!!

Post by MrsEss » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:14 am

I'm resurrecting this!

I fell off dukan for a few months after losing a stone & then not losing anymore. I didn't gain anything in the 4 or 5 months off it, but I've gone back n it as I wasn't happy being 11st. I class 11st as heavy - for me anyway. I dipped every now & again to below 11st, but always went back to 11st.

Been back on since last monday & I've lost 7lbs - I only have 3lb more to go....but I might push it & go for a total stone loss, again. Since I weighed myself & decided I needed to lose weight I've lost just under 3 stone.

I took a pic the other day:
(I took my shirt off to shave my head - figured I'd take a pic at the same time)

Measurement progress:

Chest: 37"
Waist: 32"
Lower waist: 39"
Hips: 42"
Thigh: 22.5"

^^ Early July.

Chest: 37"
Waist: 31.5"
Lower waist: 38"
Hips: 41.5"
Thigh: 22"

^^Early September.

I now measure:

Bust: 36"
Waist: 31"
Lower waist: 38"
Hips: 40"
Thigh: 21"
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:05 am

We have almost the same measurements :lol: Except my hips are a bit smaller, and my chest is a bit bigger!

I'm generally 38-31-38 on a good day :P

I'm still working on changing my body, more through losing fat now, I gained some weight from some meds before Christmas so I'm not too happy about that even though I'm about the same size. Trying not to weigh myself as often as I'm doing a lot of weight training and it can be deceptive. Definitely see some changes though, my legs and arms/shoulders are much more defined and smaller, but the belly is STILL the problem! :lol:

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:27 pm

:shock: wow. You're a dress size smaller than me though aren't you??

I just mocked this up with photoshop:

370 days between pics.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:47 am

I'm generally a 12, but have been known to get away with the occasional 10 at my smallest, but never in jeans :lol: just skirts and leggings. Can usually wear a 10 top but it depends on the style for boob space space/fit, don't ask me how it all works :lol: Those are my current stats though, I'm a bit chunkier than I was 6 months ago.

You look good :mrgreen:

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:01 pm

According the the internet I am a 12, I can actually get a pair of 12 trousers on without them cutting me in half (only tried one pair so far & they were work issue uniform trews) Being a skater style thing in my teens has stuck with me though & I'm not a fan of correct fitting trousers :lol:

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:05 pm

Ahhh, the skater trousers days, those things were so comfy!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:36 pm

I still have a pair & they still fit :D

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:40 am

Well,I now weigh 10st 4. My bust and waist are still the same but I've lost another inch from my lower waist, hips and thighs :)

Here's hoping I can now begin "maintain" phase. Tempted to push for the 10st mark though......

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

CancerHybrid

Post by CancerHybrid » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:05 pm

i'm down to 105lbs (7.5 stone) and i've been maintaining my current weight with minimal effort for the past year. i dont have any pics as i am in the computer lab, but think lean & muscualar like an oylmpic swimmer.
height: 5'4
bust: 33in
waist: 23in
hips: 31in
butt: 33in

does anyone know if they make size 00 in longer lengths? bc i hate wearing a belt with my 0's
*Manda*

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:07 am

I'm resurrecting this! I started 4 weeks ago at 66kg, I'm aiming to get down to 60kg. I'm just below 64 at the moment, been going to the gym 5 days a week, skating between 6-10 hours a week depending on the training schedule and changed what I eat. I failed this morning by scranning a kitkat with my breakfast but gym later!
Never trust someone who's gonna live forever, they don't have enough to lose
Formerly known as kikky_lou

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:11 am

I stopped dieting after becoming too obsessed, oops, and ended up putting on everything and more, double oops. I keep meaning to start up again, but lose motivation when I think of where I was and why the hell wasn't I happy as I was. I saw a post on Facebook that Shadowthrone put up, saying you lose motivation when you only see how far you have to go, as opposed to seeing how far you've come. I'm going to try and keep that mindset from now on, and stop expecting 7lbs loss every week. :roll: I've had a gym membership burning a hole in my bank account for months, but I don't go cuz I never give myself time to. That certainly needs to stop too!

I can do this. ;)

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:40 am

Lorny wrote:I saw a post on Facebook that Shadowthrone put up, saying you lose motivation when you only see how far you have to go, as opposed to seeing how far you've come.
It's very true! It inspired me too. Well I'm concentrating on gaining muscle/losing fat at the mo, so trying not to get too obsessed with the scale number. I put on a bit at the end of last year new meds/grandma died so I slipped a bit, but I've lost most of that now. A bit heavier than I'd like, but I'm working hard!

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:13 am

I'm going to try not to focus too much on the scale, but I know if I can see on the scale that I'm losing, I'll keep motivated. I only get about 15 minutes in the gym in the morning, since I have to catch the bus to uni. After college I'm A. Knackered and B. Needing to get work done. I don't know which to settle for. If I get up early to catch up with work, really I should be able to go to the gym in the evening without feeling pressure. But I have to either walk or get the bus, and walking will take around 40 minutes from town, or cost me £2.50 on the bus. Ugh, I can't keep wasting money and making excuses!

PinkHalo

Post by PinkHalo » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:33 pm

"you lose motivation when you only see how far you have to go, as opposed to seeing how far you've come."

I love this! So true. I will keep this in mind.

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:47 am

I'm starting the WW diet officially on Monday. Going to be a long old trek, but I thought, I don't want to reach 25 and be fat still. So I reckon in a year I could be back where I want. And by winter, I should be able to fit into my leather bomber jacket, which I haven't worn since winter 2011.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:51 pm

My measurements are still the same as the last time I posted. I'm gonna attempt to live on All Bran, salad & protein for the next few days. Carbs make me all kinds of bloated & confused. I don't care for it.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

thecutealternative

Post by thecutealternative » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Thought if join this thread since I'm officially weight watching now :-)

Started weight watchers 6 weeks ago and am one pound off a stone loss! Really pleased, I'm amazed how much better I feel :-) more energy, and surprisingly enjoy making low pro point meals, it's a nice challenge.

I should do my measurements really but I know I've lost cms as my previously tight clothes are now loose. Will post some comparison pics soon!

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Fri May 03, 2013 10:34 am

I think I need a buddy! It's taking me a bit longer to get into the swing of things. There's a woman at work who I talk to when we're on the same shift, and she's trying to lose weight. I don't feel motivated though unless I'm actively getting motivation from someone else! Ben is losing all sorts of weight from working on a farm. Me, on the other hand, I'm just getting worse just thinking about it!

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Fri May 03, 2013 1:04 pm

Lorny wrote:I think I need a buddy! It's taking me a bit longer to get into the swing of things. There's a woman at work who I talk to when we're on the same shift, and she's trying to lose weight. I don't feel motivated though unless I'm actively getting motivation from someone else! Ben is losing all sorts of weight from working on a farm. Me, on the other hand, I'm just getting worse just thinking about it!
I'm your lady, Lorny (again)... I've gone from a miniscule size six up to a size 18. I can't wear jeans any more, my arms are flabby and I feel lethargic and disgusting. To complicate matters, it turns out I have PCOS. I'm going back on WW, for sure!!!

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Fri May 03, 2013 1:20 pm

Just the woman I needed to talk to! I need to find the right balance of being healthy, and losing weight. I've done the same, and we're the same size too. If only we'd realised what we were doing the first time round before we got to that point! Give me a PM on here or Facebook or something!

Frangipane

Post by Frangipane » Fri May 17, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi, is there any chance I could be included in this? I have a lot to lose- starting Rosemary Conley on Thurs next week. I also have PCOS - pretty much the shittest version of it! I have been diagnosed for years so if there is anything I can help with in that respect please ask. x

AutumnSilverMoon

Post by AutumnSilverMoon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:09 pm

I was on weight watchers for 6 months and lost about 50 pounds. It was nice. I could still have treats and things I liked, just had to count points. The only exercise I did was walk. I had a baby in February and had gained it all back. I really need to get back on this. It's a bit depressing since I'm a couple sizes too big for everything I fit into this time last year when I was 2 and a half months pregnant!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”