The Gaming Thread

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Vicsarina

Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by Vicsarina » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:00 pm

I do actually have a kinect and a couple of games like Dance Central but I can't exactly play it in my room. I need more space for it. :( Also with Bioshock, we have both on the PS3. We have loads of games for the PS3 so it could be hard recommending games. XD

I like the more fantasy games if I am honest. Although I love FPS multiplayers, but mainly only the multiplayers. I wouldn't be caught dead playing the COD storyline. I think I will have to check out Left 4 Dead as I have heard quite a bit about those and maybe Gears of War. I think I will have to find out more about Saints Row before I buy those and I just do not get on with Tomb Raider. :/ I used to have them all and they bored me to death or were waaay too hard.

iamdolleyes

Post by iamdolleyes » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:02 pm

gears of war multiplayer is pretty good
well..I've only played gears of war 2 (the entire game) but i've spent hours playing horde (one of the multiplayer..its like, survival against waves of mobs) and its great. compared to a lot of shooters the cover system is really good. it blows halo cover system out of the water IMO

i dont really know what is platform specific, as i only have an xbox, so if i recommend something that is for (and you have) the ps3 as well, apologies

army of two is pretty good if you play with your SO, i'm not sure how good the AI is to play on your own (resident evil AI partner i'm looking at you, oh waster of healthkits!) and i haven't really started the multiplayer but i imagine its good as well, as the gameplay is good, cover system is nice, etc

i can't recommend too much else, as I mostly play WOW (shame). My main console complaint these days is the lack of good 2 player co-op hack n slash games. Think baldur's gate dark alliance, or the original Xmen legends/2. The new ones seem to be lacking in that series. Plenty of adventure games, mostly online multiplayer. it sucks! I just like a good console hack'n'slash that I can play with the manflesh.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Vicsarina wrote: I must admit however that I am lacking in games. I am however currently obsessed with Fable 3, so anyone who has that and wants someone to play with, I'm your girl :D
This may be a bit of an obvious suggestion but if you haven't played it already then Fable 2 is a definate reccomendation. If you like fantasy games then Oblivion would be a must to play.
iamdolleyes wrote:i can't recommend too much else, as I mostly play WOW (shame). My main console complaint these days is the lack of good 2 player co-op hack n slash games. Think baldur's gate dark alliance, or the original Xmen legends/2.
Baulder's Gate is one of the reasons I still keep my Gamecube around :D

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Vicsarina wrote: I must admit however that I am lacking in games. I am however currently obsessed with Fable 3, so anyone who has that and wants someone to play with, I'm your girl :D
This may be a bit of an obvious suggestion but if you haven't played it already then Fable 2 is a definate reccomendation. If you like fantasy games then Oblivion would be a must to play.
iamdolleyes wrote:i can't recommend too much else, as I mostly play WOW (shame). My main console complaint these days is the lack of good 2 player co-op hack n slash games. Think baldur's gate dark alliance, or the original Xmen legends/2.
Baulder's Gate is one of the reasons I still keep my Gamecube around :D
I have actually already completed Fable 2 and played 40 hours of Oblivion(although it is driving me nuts at the mo) within a week! Maybe I should just... Take a gaming break.

Extra note: I have Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance on PS2 and DS<333 I love that game for its multiplayer. I remember when I first playing it going ON and ON about how amazing the water effect was when you ran through it. XD I also have Baldur's Gate 2 for the pc somewhere... but its too long winded. Never finished it yet!!

Battlesheep

Post by Battlesheep » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Vicsarina wrote:I do actually have a kinect and a couple of games like Dance Central but I can't exactly play it in my room. I need more space for it. :(
Is the kinect good? I was talking with my sister about it because she has an xbox and I'm curious if it's as fun as it seems.
*boing!*

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:31 am

Vicsarina wrote: I have actually already completed Fable 2 and played 40 hours of Oblivion(although it is driving me nuts at the mo) within a week! Maybe I should just... Take a gaming break.
I did the same with Oblivion but I was even worth with Dragon Age. I started dreaming about it all the time and not sleeping right lol. Dragon Age is a brilliant game but takes a while to get your head around it. The Fallout series is made by Bethesda so it's very similar to Oblivion as well.

I've pre-ordered Dragon Age 2 and I can't wait for Oblivion V :D
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:07 pm

Battlesheep wrote:
Vicsarina wrote:I do actually have a kinect and a couple of games like Dance Central but I can't exactly play it in my room. I need more space for it. :(
Is the kinect good? I was talking with my sister about it because she has an xbox and I'm curious if it's as fun as it seems.
It is, but just like when the wii came out I will say this:

Wait a while.

Everyone always starts rushing to buy new technology, which is great and everything, but right now the kinect only has a handful of games, it may be worth giving it a while longer to see if they pick up. ;)

Vic - grab yourself fable 3, not as good as fable 2, but I love it just the same.

Bethesda are a lovely company, I helped them showcase at eurogamer, very nice team and friendly. I can't wait for Brink to come out, I've waited a good year for it!

angeleyes90

Post by angeleyes90 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:37 pm

i play World of warcraft i just rejoined after 9 month

Jig

Post by Jig » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:35 pm

I've always wanted to play WoW, but I know that I wouls never see daylight again XD.

I love love LOVE Elder Scrolls! So looking forward to Skyrim :D. Gonna get it on the PC, though. I try playing games on my OH's xbox (<3 Gears of War), but my terrible aim is now legendary in that household D:.

Currently going through all my old games for nostalgia's sake.. GTA (the original, pixally, birds-eye-view one) is too old for my computer to run it, but Zoo Tycoon I've almost completed, and now I'm playing Rollercoaster Tycoon ^__^.
lurk lurk lurk POST! lurk lurk lurk..

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:24 pm

angeleyes90 wrote:i play World of warcraft i just rejoined after 9 month
WORLD OF WARCRAAAAFFT!! :D I play it.. except I haven't been able to afford it for the past 2 months now :C I actually like everquest II way better but theres less people on it. EQII is also a lot harder :lol: Its like wow for grown-ups and the graphics are 10 million times better and everything is just... I dunno, more mature. So I been playing wow just because its way easier to level and everything. Plus EQII can't run on my laptop or even my home computer because of the graphics requirements, i'd only be able to play on my boyfriends computer and that wouldn't be any fun cause we couldn't play together :/
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

Jig

Post by Jig » Sun May 01, 2011 11:38 pm

Anyone played Portal 2? :D Me and my OH completed the co-op together, and now I'm on the single player campaign.
lurk lurk lurk POST! lurk lurk lurk..

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Mon May 02, 2011 12:49 pm

Jig wrote:Anyone played Portal 2? :D Me and my OH completed the co-op together, and now I'm on the single player campaign.
I would, I even bought it, but unfortunately like thousands of other people it's coming up with a windows error and I cannot play it.

I scoured their forums and its a common problem valve are apparently working on, I sent them a message asking about it, to see if I could get a refund as I'd rather not touch steam again. I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed.

But that's what I get buying something from valve, they haven't got the best reputation anymore. :lol:

Shala

Post by Shala » Mon May 02, 2011 1:43 pm

Yes I play Portal 2 :D

My bf bought the valentines double pack for us (so cute <3) and we played the co-op together and then the Singleplayer.

And because i hadn't played Portal 1 yet i started on that too.. ^^

I love portal :D

SdSiNthetics

Post by SdSiNthetics » Fri May 06, 2011 11:44 am

XBOX- I'm one of those idiots who burnt out their fable 3 disc because I didn't want to take fable 2 or 1 off my hard drive *facepalm* at least I had completed it a couple of times though which softened the blow.

But yes classic games I love, are always the fable trilogy, Bioshock 1 and 2 I really enjoy, and this sounds pathetically sad but sometimes I used to play viva piñata for hours >.<

I try and try with COD and Halo , and so on but fail completely at them every time.

Hmm I would recommend games like Wet, which not many people rated, and would avoid game like red faction (not enough game play)

megadrive second edition- sonic and sonic and sonic :)

Gamecube- zelda, good vs evil.

And it's got to be zelda on the snez too (but I'm too scared to touch it in case I kill ^^)
Hair fanatic, dread addict

CandySecretion

Post by CandySecretion » Fri May 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Brace yourselves for ulitimate nerdiness...

Current game systems owned--
Xbox, Xbox 360 w/ Xbox Kinect
PS, PS2, PS3, PSP
Nes, Super Nes, Nes64, Wii, DSi
& I think a Sega Genesis is in the closet.

The OH and I combined forces and have almost every system. He's been looking for a working Atari as well.

I personally love RPG's, he's more into first person shooters.

My FAV games off the top of my head have to be--
Sims (just about all of them)
Fable1, 2, & 3 (I've beaten all of them in every way possible. Good, Evil, Male & Female)
Animal Crossing
Tetris
Harvest Moon
Guitar Hero/DJ Hero
Super Smash Bros Melee
Oblivion: The Elder Scrolls
Mario Bros. +
Little Big Planet
God Of War
Need For Speed
Soulcalibur
Streetfighter (I have the arcade style controllers for it too)
Left for Dead 1 & 2
Bomberman
Phantom Crash
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
Jade Empire
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2

Amongst others that I will not post because it will make me feel like an epic failure @ life :lol:
Electronic Stimulation

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Fri May 06, 2011 9:42 pm

I think we could have the ultimate nerd battle here, but I have a couple more consoles as well as a lot of the same favourite games (except for the sims) :O

My OH refurbs and sells on consoles, he's also a massive PC gamer.
I'm into my consoles, I own quite a few dreamcasts... so does my OH. One of our popular interests is collecting dreamcasts... Now you think you sound sad XD

We bought this lot a couple months ago from a car boot, for about £20. They're in mint condition. Really chuffed about getting the keyboard and mouse, they're quite a find. Really really want a lightgun though, but they're a rarity (and a crap peripheral)

We own pretty much every single popular console (including an atari jaguar, even though they were terrible o.o) there is, I'm going to have to get a picture sometime, but it'll include unpacking a load of boxes. So it will probably be when we upsize when we move. We've got quite a few obscure items too which are in mint condition, but we'd only sell them if we're really strapped for cash.
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

CandySecretion

Post by CandySecretion » Fri May 06, 2011 9:55 pm

Yeah you might win this battle :lol: my OH repairs and sells a lot of electronics, so there's quite a few playstations and nintendos etc scattered about the house. Took me all of 3 days to convince him we didn't have space to house random arcade machines off of craigslist :roll: at least I'm not alone though :D
Electronic Stimulation

SdSiNthetics

Post by SdSiNthetics » Sat May 07, 2011 7:52 am

oooft dreamcast! x
Hair fanatic, dread addict

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Sat May 07, 2011 6:55 pm

Nice find on the dreamcast - I'm shamed to say it's my least favourite console.

Currently, I need to get back to so many games, university is now over and I've got a whole load of free time, I've got bulletstorm still yet to complete and WoW to get back too, but for now I'm sticking with minecraft with a forum's server.

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Sat May 07, 2011 7:21 pm

I've just finished Assassins Creed Brotherhood, the ending was a little bit of a letdown but i'm hoping they decide to release another game to continue the series.

Now i just have to wait patiently for Gears of War 3 to finally be released! Curse you Epic games and your silly idea to put it back 5 months!!!!
blah blah blah

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Sat May 07, 2011 11:34 pm

foximusprime wrote:I've just finished Assassins Creed Brotherhood, the ending was a little bit of a letdown but i'm hoping they decide to release another game to continue the series.

Now i just have to wait patiently for Gears of War 3 to finally be released! Curse you Epic games and your silly idea to put it back 5 months!!!!
I went to watch it at Eurogamer, as I was volunteering for fall out : new vegas, the stall was opposite. You could barely played two player at that point, you can currently play a demo I believe if you buy bulletstorm, which is what I did. But I haven't gotten around to either.

I Am The Asylum

Post by I Am The Asylum » Wed May 11, 2011 10:48 pm

I played WoW a few years back. But now I'm poor and I also don't have a computer that will run it properly. lol

I love video games.
Nintendo, Xbox, Playstation, PC. I'll play games on any platform.

Some of my favorite games are:

The Mass Effect games(SUPER excited for ME3!)
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Silent Hill games
Resident Evil games
Bloodrayne 1 and 2
Pokemans
L4D 1 and 2
Warcraft 3
Zelda games, of course.
Mario games
Bayonetta
Borderlands
Kingdom Hearts
Harvest Moooooon :D
Scribblenauts
Katamari!
Dead Space
Bioshock
Heavy Rain
American Mcgee's Alice (Madness Returns will finally be out next month!!!)
Alan Wake (a lot of people didn't seem to like this game, but I think it's brilliant)
Dragon Age: Origins (Wonderful game! have yet to play DA2)
Diablo 2
Uncharted games
If leeches ate peaches instead of my blood
Then I would be free to drink tea in the mud!

Facebook
DeviantArt

sally

Post by sally » Mon May 16, 2011 11:11 am

Hey guys, thought I'd jump on the bandwagon here. I'm lucky enough to work for a Major Games Retailer(TM) in the UK, so in our house we have a 360, PS3, Wii, SNES, Mega Drive, two 3DS's and a very elderly tower PC for classic PC games.

I'm a massive fan of the Fallout games, have most of the achievements on Fallout 3, have about half on New Vegas and have Fallout 1 and 2 on aforementioned elderly PC :P (I'd have more achievements if it weren't for that pesky job and uni thing... grrr!)

Currently playing through Portal 2 on the 360, halfway through the single player and about a third of the way through the co-op with the hubby - think I've decided this is my game of the year so far!

If anyone's interested, I write a games and tech blog at http://queenofgeek.blogspot.com :D I'm also a massive Pokemon nerd but have fallen behind in recent times, still trying to plough my way through Pokemon Black at the moment, got so many other things to do!

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Mon May 16, 2011 4:21 pm

I absolutely love the fallout series. I was quite disappointed with fallout new vegas though. It just didn't live up to the hype of the other games.
My favourite is 2, for real.

But my favourite series of all time is the elder scrolls series. The amount of hours I have wasted....

I'm really looking forward to ME3, and more importantly SKYRIM :O

I really do love my games <3

Being the regular dreamcast nerd I am, I bought the dreamcast collection for 360. I was disappointed at the port of sonic adventure :(. They haven't even ported it into widescreen like the other games.
Crazy taxi is a firm favourite.
But knowing Space Channel 5 2 was on there.. my secret love. It's such an AWESOME game. (I loved the first one too)
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

sally

Post by sally » Mon May 23, 2011 8:45 am

Goffy_lucc wrote:I absolutely love the fallout series. I was quite disappointed with fallout new vegas though. It just didn't live up to the hype of the other games.
Aw, what a shame! I'm still loving New Vegas, am about halfway through the storyline but am STUCK in the Sierra Madre, the external area from the Dead Money DLC. When I say STUCK, I mean no ammo, no stimpaks, no food and three crippled limbs... Think I'm going to have to abandon ship back to an earlier savegame 8 hours previously...so frustrating!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”