The Gaming Thread

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
tr1angl3

Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by tr1angl3 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:54 pm

I love PvZ :D

`Lush

Post by `Lush » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:26 pm

Bomber wrote:I absolutely haaaaate Goblins, I always played Horde before but I just cannot even begin to rage about how much I hatehatehate Goblins.
I am not a fan of goblins either but
their starting zone and things they get, as well as the quest lines they have are MUCH more fun than the worgen. (my friend has a beta key, let me play)

I was really upset that alliance (FOR THE HORDE!) got worgen because alliance sucks, and the worgen look cool as shit.

honestly they should of put the pandaren race in the game for horde. that would be SICK.

but the worgen starting area is meh, and you can't change what you look like in human form.(yet, i'm sure they will change this.) the quests are meh, but the goblin area is MUCH more fun and I could never betray the horde (cause if i did i'd look pretty stupid running around on alliance with my horde tattoo on my back. lulz)
"Our Doubts are our traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt." -Shakespeare

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:17 pm

I just won three rolls in ICC 25 and had the usual bitching and moaning about how it was unfair as my dps wasn't in the top five. It seriously makes me not want to play with pugs. Do they not understand that my dps won't get any better unless I get the sodding loot to improve my stats?! Morons.
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:30 pm

Dystopatica wrote:I just won three rolls in ICC 25 and had the usual bitching and moaning about how it was unfair as my dps wasn't in the top five. It seriously makes me not want to play with pugs. Do they not understand that my dps won't get any better unless I get the sodding loot to improve my stats?! Morons.
I used to get that, I moved to a new guild called supreme which is now practically disbanded after I paid to move over..

Just ignore them, as long as you get it and need it, they can't stop you from continuing to pug.

Billie

Post by Billie » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Another hordie here. I recently started playing so I'm working on getting my rogue to 80 before Cataclysm!
What servers are you guys on? I'm on the Sha'tar.

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:03 pm

Billie wrote:Another hordie here. I recently started playing so I'm working on getting my rogue to 80 before Cataclysm!
What servers are you guys on? I'm on the Sha'tar.
Some of my alliance characters are on the sha'tar, my hordies are on vashj.

`Lush

Post by `Lush » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:31 pm

I'm on sargeras here! :D

and @Dystopatica

I know the feeling. But at least you don't play a disc priest. I can't tell you how many pug idiots i've had to deal with "wow you suck. you're a fail healer. You're like, one of the bottom healers by a lot. Wow, what is wrong with you. l2heal."

and that i shouldn't get gear because of the same fucking reason. Soo annoying!

disc = damage mitigation peoplee!!!!
"Our Doubts are our traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt." -Shakespeare

tr1angl3

Post by tr1angl3 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:00 am

That's why I love mages. All the glory, none of the responsibility.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:27 am

tr1angl3 wrote:That's why I love mages. All the glory, none of the responsibility.
nah, Locks are the best for that.

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:53 am

My Server on WoW is down today for the 24hr maintenance for upcoming features...what do I do all day now?! Lost my job yesterday was hoping for some entertainment and maybe actually doing my dailies for once!

Billie

Post by Billie » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:20 am

My server is down as well so me and a cpl of guildies created new chars on another server last night. Poke me if you want company (:

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:33 am

Maybe you guys should get a WoW thread. I keep popping in here to learn about some cool games and being totally confused by lots of random abbreviations and stuff. It makes me sad:(

You'd definitely have enough material to keep it going though.
*Rule Obsessor*

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:26 am

TBH I could actually switch my ps3 on and play some Fallout3 and other stuff, but I'm not sure I can remember where I was up to on it

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:24 pm

Now that is more like it<3 We almost managed the platinum trophy for Fallout 3, but unfortunately the PS3 died last week and now we're screwed. :( So long trophy :cry:

But Fallout is definitely worth a play :D
*Rule Obsessor*

tr1angl3

Post by tr1angl3 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm

Bomber wrote:
tr1angl3 wrote:That's why I love mages. All the glory, none of the responsibility.
nah, Locks are the best for that.

Yeah but a lock's DPS is subpar compared to a good arcane mage overall. Not all locks of course :) And plus there are still raids that require a high shadow resistance tank.

If you guys like WoW a lot but have money issues you should check out private servers. I played on a couple last year.

Battlesheep

Post by Battlesheep » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Since I'm on holiday from work I finally have time to play Dragon Age which I had abandoned due to work (and hopefully Mass Effect 2, too). I love love love Bioware games. :D

And I have to finish Super Mario Galaxy so I can get the second one. Some levels are so hard though.. And I want to have good scores, too! :P
*boing!*

tr1angl3

Post by tr1angl3 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Castlevania Puzzle came out. I'm not going to get anything done ever again because MY GOD ITS SO FUN XD. It's really similar to Puzzle Fighter Turbo but with SoTN characters, item collection, and castle exploration. Very very fun. If you have an iphone/ipad I recommend buying it, totally worth the money. And it's a very large and well polished mobile game.

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:51 pm

Vicsarina wrote:Maybe you guys should get a WoW thread. I keep popping in here to learn about some cool games and being totally confused by lots of random abbreviations and stuff. It makes me sad:(

If the mods will let me, then I'll go ahead and make one. :)

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:12 pm

I honestly doubt they would bother with something so specific. I mean, there is an awful lot to WoW that would just dwarf every other thing about games in this thread and how many people will see 'Gaming Thread' and be like... Hmm cba. And then see 'WoW Thread' And go... I totally play that!

There was even an Animal Crossing thread a while back so it isn't unheard of.
*Rule Obsessor*

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:13 pm

night_wolf wrote:
Vicsarina wrote:Maybe you guys should get a WoW thread. I keep popping in here to learn about some cool games and being totally confused by lots of random abbreviations and stuff. It makes me sad:(

WoWoWoWoWoWoWoW

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:30 pm

Lorny wrote:
night_wolf wrote:

WoWoWoWoWoWoWoW
*points* to the thread ma ladies! :lol:

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:23 pm

I am an arcane mage. :D Still, my dps is going to be lower when I've got a 5.4k gear score and I am playing in a group of mostly 6k+. I was still putting out a consistant 6k+ damage but apparantly thats just not good enough.
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Hmmmmm do i preorder halo reach or not....... *scratches head*
blah blah blah

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:06 pm

Well I thought that I would poke this thread a little. *poke poke*

I now have an Xbox :D Joys! And a Gold subscription! Double joys! But no friends... Sad sad Vicsie. :(

I must admit however that I am lacking in games. I am however currently obsessed with Fable 3, so anyone who has that and wants someone to play with, I'm your girl :D

So yeah, I'm looking for game recommendations. We have the whole of the Halo series except I can't play on Reach until Tom decides to open it(It was his Christmas present after all) XD

P.s. My Gamer tag is totes my username. :D

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:27 pm

What sort of games do you like vic?

I highly recommend gears of war 1 & 2, saints row 1 & 2, left 4 dead 1 & 2, resident evil 5, bioshock 1 & 2 tomb raider anniversary and / or legend - that's just games I could play over and over and not get bored (esp. left 4 dead), I could recommend lots more but those are my tops ones!

We bought a kinect a while ago but we put it away as a present for the little one, she opened it up on Tuesday along with her kinectimals game and we got loads of demos for other games, I played dance central and your shape and ordered them as soon as the demo was over I enjoyed them that much. Kinectimals is good but the little un' gets frustrated with controlling it because she's a right little fidget and the kinect goes a bit mad trying to figure out what she's trying to do (she can't just stand still and move her arms she jumps and flails).

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”