~Recipe Corner~

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Vex88

Re: ~Recipe Corner~

Post by Vex88 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:18 pm

I make a kinda pasta bake similar to that.. though I find when u mix tinned tomatoes and tuna it doesn't look so good so I usually leave out the tomatoes
Kirsty x
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
---------------------------------------
Facebook
Etsy!
DysfunctionDesigns on Facebook
Artfire!

Pixie1802

Post by Pixie1802 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:21 pm

it doesnt look too good but tastes amazing
Exist to Inspire and Expand Your Imagination - Jeffrey Nero Hardy

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Revels Cookies!!!!

(I adapted a recipe to make these as some of the ingredients in the original are bleugh!)

anyhoo:

Ingredients

2 tablespoons of golden syrup
125g (4oz) butter
125g caster sugar
125g plain flour
75g oats

1 big bag of revels

Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Put the oats & flour in a bowl. Melt the butter & sugar in a small pan and stir in the golden syrup.
Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the butter and golden syrup mixture. Stir gently to incorporate the dry ingredients, then add the bag of revels. lightly kneed to ensure all is mixed well together.
Put dessertspoonfuls of the mixture on to buttered baking sheets, about 2.5cm/1in apart to allow room for spreading. Bake in batches for 8-10 mins until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

I got about 15 large cookies out of this, & only managed to get to eat about 2 as the men in my house ate them all!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Opiate

Post by Opiate » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:51 am

Jess' Chocolate Meringues

These are stupidly easy, and so so so unbelievably awesome!!
(also, if there is anyone here on the Weight Watchers PRO POINTS plan, they're only 4 points :D)

MAKES 6.

ingredients

- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1tsp cocoa powder
- 2tbls chocolate chips
(optional)
raspberries/blackberries/blueberries
- tub of greek yoghurt

method

- Preheat oven to 140 Degrees Celcius

- in a clean, dry bowl, beat egg whites untill firm peaks form
- add sugar one teaspoon at a time and beat untill meringue mixture is glossy
- sift cocoa over mixture and add chocolate chips and fold with a large metal spoon
- line a large baking tray with baking paper and spoon mixture out into 6 even portions

- bake for 1 hour, and leave to cool in the oven for an hour.

- just before serving, crush berries in a small bowl with the back of a spoon, and fold into yoghurt.

To serve

- place meringues on a plate, spoon 2 tbls of the berry yoghurt on the top, and ENJOY!!!
JessFACE
prying.open.my.third.eye
facebook.com/OpiateDreads-Custom Dreads and Cyberlox<3

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sat May 07, 2011 8:10 pm

Amy's World (well, Birmingham) Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies. Makes 16-20 depending on how big you make them.

(well, I got this recipe from an ancient recipe book of my mum's but they're SO INCREDIBLE they need sharing!)

you will need:

100g softened butter or equivalent
50g caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
25g dark chocolate chips (or whatever else you want to put in! The recipe in the book is for chocolate and cherry cookies so it also has 25g chopped glace cherries)
100g sifted plain flour

preheat oven to 190F
cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy looking
add vanilla essence and chocolate
stir in flour until completely combined
using two teaspoons transfer onto a baking tray with greaseproof paper on it spread out evenly
bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden but still slightly soft on top
leave to cool, then enjoy!

.::CirCuit::.

Post by .::CirCuit::. » Wed May 18, 2011 11:52 pm

Super Amazing Meatballs (Odd ingredients but killer taste!)

1 10lb. bag frozen meatballs
2 12oz bottles Heinz chili sauce
2 cans Jellied Cranberries

Recipe for Crockpot-

In large sauce pan mix cranberries and chili sauce.
Bring to a boil stirring constantly until well blended into a creamy thick sauce.
Place thawed meatballs and sauce in crockpot and cook on high heat until meatballs are cooked thoroughly!

Makes a great party dish or easy dinner!!

Sorry I am horrible with explaining things lol! Hope anyone who tries this enjoys!

Also works with the tofu meatballs for those that are vegetarians!! :i2:
There are very few people worth crying over... and the ones that are should never make you cry

ANIMALS ARE CHILDREN TOO! LOVE THEM, DON'T ABANDON THEM!

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:08 pm

One for the vegetarians (or those wanting to eat pate with less fat in it!)

Quorn did a wonderful Brussels style pate- but they have discontinued it! Seeing as I loved it I had a look at the ingredients and made my own...

making the brussels style pate...
1) buy veggie hot dogs (frozen ones are fine- I used
2) get a cream cheese, plain or heb- I used garlic and herb
3) fresh garlic or garlic puree or garlic salt- I used a tea spoon of paste
4) smokey paprika
4) mixed herbs
5) fresh onion or onion salt- I used onion salt
6) salt and pepper
7) mustard (I used dijon)
tabasco

You will need a food processor to do this!- unless you like it chunky!

Cook the hot dogs in the microwave as instructed and then pop them in the blender, add the tub of cream cheese- mix together

Then add a hearty amount of smokey paprika- it adds colour and taste add all the above ingredients to taste after that- I mainly used mixed herbs and paprika.

You can add an egg white if you want it to set solid rather than spreadable.

pop in little tubs and put in the fridge.

venacular

Post by venacular » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:56 am

some very tasty ideas in this thread! thank you all

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:25 pm

a lovely pasta dish...
we all love it and haave it at least once a week and its nice cold too if you have any leftovers.
mushrooms
bacon lardons
onions
chorizo
pasta
mozzarella
cheese sauce
cherry tomatoes
garlic bread

fry together, some bacon lardons, onion, mushrooms and some chorizo and boil some pasta.
drain the pasta and add some mozeralla then add the frying mix. add some more mozeralla.
add a large amount of cheese sauce aand stir together add more mozarella.
transfer too oven proof dish and pour some more cheese sauce over. cut cherry tomatoes in half and put all over the top of the pasta mix, add mozerella all over, and cook for about 20 minutes or so.
serve with oodles of garlic bread.
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

toxic trish

Post by toxic trish » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:11 pm

Pepper Soup

peppers (whatever colour)
onions (red or Spanish doesn't matter)
carrot
vegetable stock
water
seasoning

chop up all the veg add veg stock and water, simmer for 15 mins or until the carrots are soft then blitz, then season to taste. (it's that easy)

this is a really yummy starer, or a lovely main course with a crusty roll :)
warning this post may/will contain bad spelling and lots of grammatical error's

well its shocking I AM MALE

kitcupcake

Post by kitcupcake » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:54 am

I'm not a huge HP fan but a friend of mine sent me her "butterbeer" latte recipe the other day and I'm over the moon about it! It's really easy and only takes a couple of minutes to make.

2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
a bit of cinnamon

* melt the butter and brown sugar together into caramel

* stir in milk, vanilla, and cinnamon

* bring to a boil, then pour in a mug

Et voila! So easy but so delicious.

I've got probably a billion cupcake recipes, but I'll save those for another time... ;]]

Lady J

Post by Lady J » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:19 pm

Pea soup, cheapo and really filling:

Take a can of peas, half a chopped onion, three slices of butter, and half a chicken stock cube, fry until mushy but not turned into a paste, and serve with brown bread. Vegetarians could use vegetable stock I guess.
Fixing problems with your hair, alopecia and others.

Raetron

Post by Raetron » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:51 pm

BAGELS (warning: easy ingredients, but only do if you really have time): this is done weekly in my house as its cheaper than buying bagels, its adapted from BBC's good food recipe.

Makes 6 good sized bagels.

450g Bread flour
2 teaspoons dried yeast
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
300ml warm water (more water later but not in the bagels)
1 teaspoon of salt

1) Put the yeast and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl, and add 100ml of warm water and stir. Leave for 10 minutes or longer until frothy.
2) Mix the flour and salt in another seperate small bowl (theres lots of bowls in this recipe)
3) Add the other 200ml of water to the yeast and mix the flour in slowly (in a BIG bowl). I use a wooden spoon first whilst the mixture is still wet, when all the flour is in the mixture, begin kneading and folding. Try and use all the flour in the bowl, it will make the bread ball easier to handle.
4) Form the mixture into a ball (make sure ALL the flour is mixed in, otherwise you'll get dense bits) grease the bowl and cover the bowl will cling film. Leave in a warm place until doubled in size (30 mins - 2 hours).
5) Using plain flour, rub the surface of some chopping boards / any clean surface you won't need. Seperate the bread ball in 6 smaller balls and leave to prove again (30 mins). Heat oven to 200 degrees.
6) Get a big pan of water and boil, add a tablespoon of sugar. Meanwhile, get a wooden spoon handle and push through the centre of a bagel and spin the bagel around to form the centre hole.
7) When water is boiling, drop a bagel in and boil until surface texture changes (they tend to go a little white). Fish out and put on a baking tray (greased - greaseproof paper sticks, yummy paper) and stick in the oven for 20 minutes.

Et voila! Bagellys! I did that all from the top of my head, making them right now, haha. :D

Battlesheep

Post by Battlesheep » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:02 pm

Easy Chocolate Mousse

250 gr of bittersweet chocolate
400 gr of plain strained yoghurt
about 400 gr of milk (actually, you just use the empty yoghurt container(s) and put the same quantity as yoghurt)

In a pan, heat the chocolate on a low fire until it melts. Pour in the milk and stir until it's an even mixture. Take off the fire and use a mixer to stir with the yoghurt. Put in bowls and chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until it sets a bit and it's ready!
*boing!*

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Cold relief soup!

you will need:

two-three large carrots
two large parsnips
an onion
two cloves of garlic
ground/fresh ginger
dried/fresh coriander
cayenne pepper
olive oil
about a pint and a half of vegetable stock
salt and pepper to taste

in a large pan, heat two-three tablespoons of oil
chop the onion and garlic and dice the carrot and parsnips.
sweat the onion and garlic until soft
add the carrots and parsnips and any other veg you may want to add
add two tsps ground ginger or about an inch of fresh ginger that's been grated, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper and if using dried coriander, about a tsp, and salt and pepper
gently fry until soft, stirring regularly
add the vegetable stock and simmer for 15-20 minutes
blend, add more seasoning to taste and enjoy!

Lamie

Post by Lamie » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:29 pm

bingeandpurge wrote:Low-carb Zucchini Pizza

And while I'm here, my world-famous taco pie that I invented as a small child- luckily I had the type of mother that let me play with my food!

Dana's Taco Pie

1 pound of ground beef, turkey, shredded chicken or pork, soy junk, whatever suits your fancy
Package of taco seasoning (Fajita seasoning doesn't taste bad in a pinch, either.)
Package of flour tortillas, I like to use the whole-grain high-fibre type because it's not like you can tell a difference at the end.
Can of refried beans, or your own soaked/cooked/mashed beans
Salsa, I like the "southwest" style with corn in it
Package of mexican style seasoned rice/gumbo seasoned rice/ your own rice with seasonings
A whole bunch of cheese!

Cook the meat in the taco seasoning according to directions, usually just brown/cook the meat then simmer in a cup of water and the seasoning for 10 minutes. Cook your packaged rice/get your rice ready to go. Get your beans all mushed up and warmed and your cheese grated.
In a glass or metal pie dish, lay down a tortilla. You can use really any sort of pan you want if you want to cut the tortillas to size, but my pie dishes fit the small size tortillas perfectly. On top of the tortilla spoon in a bit of the beans, spread it around. Sprinkle with cheese and seasoned meat. Lay another tortilla on top and layer with rice, salsa, more cheese. Lay down another tortilla, and repeat as many times as you have room for! It helps to squish it all down as you lay each fresh tortilla down. If I'm feeling especially decadent, at the end I pour the water and fat from the pan I made the taco meat in around the sides inside the pan.
Put it in a 350 degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until the top tortilla is browned and the juices bubble at the sides. Take it out, let it cool, then slice it like a pie and eat with with sour cream and more salsa! It's also fantastic cold because you can eat it right out of the fridge with your hands. :P
All the ingredients are totally optional too, add and subtract whatever you want at will! But trust me when I say to make two or three at a time, this stuff is amazing and goes fast. I usually make two, one to be eaten by the family right away and another one for everyone to snack on for the next day or so.
Thank you for this! Making it for a baby shower on Sunday! I'll let you know how it goes. =)

kitcupcake

Post by kitcupcake » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:50 pm

TACO PIE! This is going in my stomach tonight, I've decided. :3

Lamie

Post by Lamie » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:37 pm

It was delicious! And believe it on not, I made it with tofu and no one was the wiser.

MegaBat

Post by MegaBat » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:30 pm

Rice Pudding Recipe: Really this is just a recpie from the internet but I take out the eggs, and salt. I also add more vanilla :3

Ingredients

* 1 cup cooked white rice
* 2 cups milk,
* 1/3 cup white sugar [ I add a little more since I like very sweet pudding]
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract [ again I might add more, since I love vanilla.]
* Cinnamon [as much or as little as you like]

In another saucepan, combine 1 cup cooked rice, 2 cups milk, and sugar. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes.

Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla. Stir in Cinnamon. Serve warm or what I like to do is let it chill in the fridge for a while until it is nice and cold :3

You could aslo add golden raisains or even normal ones. I have never tried it with raisains but it sounds yummy.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”