The Piercing Thread

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Opiate

Re: The Piercing Thread

Post by Opiate » Tue May 10, 2011 10:45 pm

I'm having problems with one of my eyebrow piercings.. it looks to be going down the same road as my old one :'(
I toss and turn heaps in my sleep, and managed to catch my eyebrow on one of my rings and damn nearly pulled it out :( That was a month ago and it's still pissed as all hell at me.
Stupid thing.
JessFACE
prying.open.my.third.eye
facebook.com/OpiateDreads-Custom Dreads and Cyberlox<3

Zombiæ

Post by Zombiæ » Tue May 17, 2011 3:47 pm

Has anyone maybe good advice on where to buy some goodlooking silicone plugs? :D I need 10mm ones :)
♥ ♫ Yo ho ho and a bottle of RAM ♫ ♥

guest123

Post by guest123 » Tue May 17, 2011 4:23 pm

*deleted*
Last edited by guest123 on Sat May 09, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Tue May 17, 2011 5:08 pm

stinamoo wrote:I get most of my plugs from Body Art Forms, Steel Navel or GaugeTrade on LiveJournal (you have to apply to join it and be a member of Stretched first).

However - I don't think KAOS makes silicone plugs in 10mm, only 9mm or 11mm :(
i got 10mm softwear eyelets from KAOS off bodyjewelleryshop that were just fine :) painfil pleasures also does them in 10mm and has quite a few more colours
/emmy x

slaaneshque

Post by slaaneshque » Tue May 17, 2011 7:13 pm

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a piercer in Chicago or the surrounding suburbs? There are a ton of shops, obviously, but I want to make sure I go to someone who won't screw it up this time! :)

Zombiæ

Post by Zombiæ » Tue May 17, 2011 7:28 pm

Thank you ladies! ^_^ Ive been goog'ling a lot, but couldn't find any statisfactionary results :D

Edit: and 11mm is fine too, I don't mind a little more stretch, but 10mm feels very good for me, I don't want it to become 12mm ;)
♥ ♫ Yo ho ho and a bottle of RAM ♫ ♥

co0kie_x

Post by co0kie_x » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:51 pm

So last night was messing around on cam with extra piercing Jewellery that i own. the only current piercing i have in that pic is my stretched lobes. can you help me decide pretty ladies :]. should i go for the top look - ( snakebites & medusa) or should i go for the bottom pics- ( snakebites & medusa + Septum) . HHHAALLPPP :3 and also thank yoooooou :3

MissPlastik

Post by MissPlastik » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Opiate wrote:I'm having problems with one of my eyebrow piercings.. it looks to be going down the same road as my old one :'(
I toss and turn heaps in my sleep, and managed to catch my eyebrow on one of my rings and damn nearly pulled it out :( That was a month ago and it's still pissed as all hell at me.
Stupid thing.
aww noes :(

Maybe get some cheap plasters and cover it before bed :)

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:28 pm

co0kie_x wrote:So last night was messing around on cam with extra piercing Jewellery that i own. the only current piercing i have in that pic is my stretched lobes. can you help me decide pretty ladies :]

I prefer the septum pics
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

CancerHybrid

Post by CancerHybrid » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:46 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:
co0kie_x wrote:So last night was messing around on cam with extra piercing Jewellery that i own. the only current piercing i have in that pic is my stretched lobes. can you help me decide pretty ladies :]

I prefer the septum pics
agreed :)
*Manda*

co0kie_x

Post by co0kie_x » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:28 am

CancerHybrid wrote:
DreadstarMonstar wrote:

I prefer the septum pics
agreed :)
Thanks ladies <3 birthday present to myself i might get the setpum. then the rest in turn XD

Ecstacy

Post by Ecstacy » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:42 am

Go for the septum, it looks great on you! Kind of balances out the snakebites.

Also, just noticed you're in Melbourne - if you don't have a regular place, The Piercing Urge in Prahran is the best. :)

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Septum pic :) I love putting Jewllrey in new places for pics :)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleFusion
Bubble Fusion has an etsy!

CandySecretion

Post by CandySecretion » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Hi all! Just needed a little advice and thought who better to ask?! I've recently went from 8g to 6g in my second lobe piercings abut 2 days ago, and my right ear is quite swollen :[ I'm not entirely sure if its normal as I've never had much of a problem stretching my ears. The journey to 8g was a breeze, and I've had them at 8's for 2 months with no problems. The left ear is a tiny bit swollen but not nearly as much as the right... There's no redness, no fluid or blood that I am aware of. I used stainless steel tapers lubed with vitamin E, lubed my ears up as well. I did this after a hot shower. They both went through with a bit of a nudge, but I definatly took it slow and didnt force them through. I have single flared titanium tunnels in now. I followed the taper with the tunnels, however the right ear gave me a bit of a problem getting the jewelry in as everything was so lubed up i kept dropping it. So I had to go through with the taper about 3 times. I'm just wondering if maybe that caused a bit more trauma to my ear and thats why its so much more swollen? Or maybe stretching your second piercing is generally a little more problematic?? The tunnels are not as long as the 8g tunnels were either, so maybe it's just really tight? When using the tapers there was the normal stinging/slight burning feeling, but there wasnt an out of the ordinary feeling. I feel I'm somewhat knowledgeable when it comes to stretching as I've stretched to 1/2" myself over the course of 8 years as well as gotten rid of an infection in my OH's catbutt ears and gotten him back up to 5/8" with nice healthy lobes. Just want to know if this is normal or not, as I've only got 2 ears and dont want to mess them up :lol:

Any advice is appreciated, thanks <3
Electronic Stimulation

WyckedKitty

Post by WyckedKitty » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:35 pm

Piercings I've had:
8 ear piercings (6 in lobes,2 in cartilage)
Tongue piercing
Labia piercing

Piercings I have now:
2 ear piercings (my lobes)
Tongue piercing (removed & healed over then re-pierced a year later)
Eyebrow piercing

4 of my lobe piercings were removed because for some odd reason even though I cleaned them they kept getting horribly infected & sore & I just couldn't bare it. My 2 cartilage piercings were messed up (back of the hole was misplaced from the front) the first time they were done anyway & I guess the infections I kept getting were the price I payed for being dumb enough to have them done by an old lady with a piercing gun..ugh. went back & had it done again by a different lady with a piercing gun 2+ years later & I guess I didn't learn my lesson the first time lol & the alignment was done right actually but the same thing with the infections all over again especially after a hair dresser I went to wasn't paying attention & caught her hair comb in my captive bead ring I was wearing & jerked it so hard she bent the ring & the ball came flying off. & my labia I just retired cause I didn't want it so much anymore lol.

My question about the cartilage piercings being: Do you guys think maybe I would have better luck with them if this time I had them done with a needle by a professional piercer?

I also would like to know if there's any info you guys can give me about labret piercings,bridge piercings,industrial piercings & nipple piercings?
God invented man,then he had a better idea

Ecstacy

Post by Ecstacy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:53 pm

You probably would have better luck, piercing guns are bad news especially in cartilage. A better experience and good quality jewellery can work wonders! You'd really have to talk to a piercer though.

WyckedKitty

Post by WyckedKitty » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Ecstacy wrote:You probably would have better luck, piercing guns are bad news especially in cartilage. A better experience and good quality jewellery can work wonders! You'd really have to talk to a piercer though.
Yeah I have one I go to here & he's pretty good so I may talk to him & see what he thinks.
God invented man,then he had a better idea

tokyovogue

Post by tokyovogue » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:58 am

I have a side labret piercing that i got when i was 19 (i'm now 26) the lady who done it had never done it with a stud before only ring so i was the first in my area to have it and now they are everywhere! :shock: So many times I've thought i might just take it out because everybody and there mother has it these days! then other times i really want to get the other side done, and i still debate over it years later hmmm.

I have my lobes pierced twice and had my left stretched for a year or two and then it got infected due to me stretching too quick. I still miss the look of my stretching but i wouldn't do it again as now i have one lobe lower than the other lol! I now just buy gorgeous faker gauges from a great seller on etsy.

I really want my nose done but my bf isn't into piercings or tats and he says it looks tacky and trashy :(

tokyovogue

Post by tokyovogue » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:52 pm

I guess the bf thing is a constant theme in this thread. I do think i'd rather get more piercings and can take them out rather than be stuck with a tattoo. ;)

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Madii wrote:
tokyovogue wrote:I really want my nose done but my bf isn't into piercings or tats and he says it looks tacky and trashy :(
Fuck your boyfriend, your tastes are superior.

Agreed.

My OH isn't keen on my piercings or my tattoos. I don't care. My body, my money, my life.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:57 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:My body, my money, my life.
Exactly!

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:11 pm

ShadowThrone wrote:
DreadstarMonstar wrote:My body, my money, my life.
Exactly!
If only I could take a stand on this issue :(
We compromised, he hates piercings more then tattoos so I just get those instead

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:28 pm

My OH likes all of my mods, luckily. He'd like me to wear my semi retired piercings more actually! He knows I'd do it regardless though.

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:29 pm

That is lucky, I need a guy like that, im on a rather tight leesh as it were >.<

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:29 pm

Awesome things about being single part 1: being able to do whatever the fuck you like, whenever the fuck you like.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”