Is the board dying?

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
robyndoe

Is the board dying?

Post by robyndoe » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:12 am

I haven't been on in a while but the place is looking a little deserted. Is everyone migrating or just getting too old to be dealing with dreads?

I hope dread love is still alive!

Hope everyone is doing well!

danixdorko

Re: Is the board dying?

Post by danixdorko » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:24 am

Dreads are still alive, but unfortunately most of the people here moved to different groups on Facebook.

I would just like to say that I miss this place a whole lot. Facebook isn't quite the same. :|
-Indecisive Army-

Sunshine Button.

robyndoe

Post by robyndoe » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:47 pm

I guess I'm old fashioned... I don't even have Facebook.

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:44 am

Yep. Fb has killed forums and people give up. This is a great place to search for info though. Personally i am deeply saddened by its demise...I helped create it and now I am the only admin left. I get about 5 requests a month to join.

z0mbieface

Post by z0mbieface » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:03 pm

I agree with dani, Facebook groups definitely aren't the same. I learnt so much on this forum! :(

robyndoe

Post by robyndoe » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Wow. So where do I go if I wanna buy extensions or dreads? I've always come to the ladies here or gone to Sally's. But now I'm in Japan and my hair color is not available anywhere in tokyo. :(

zaahn

Post by zaahn » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:38 am

Really sad to see the forum so deserted but I can't exactly complain, pretty sure my last post was in 2012! It's been a nightmare trying to navigate the fb groups, feels like web 2.0 has kind of destroyed the community feeling, and we seem to have lost a lot of makers in the process.

So who is still going and where?
http://www.zaahndreads.co.uk - Dedicated to bringing you high quality synthetic dreads for over 10 years.

http://www.katiestainer.co.uk - Contemporary origami jewellery and accessories.

zaahn

Post by zaahn » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:43 pm

I think you now have to pay to display photobucket images on other websites :(
http://www.zaahndreads.co.uk - Dedicated to bringing you high quality synthetic dreads for over 10 years.

http://www.katiestainer.co.uk - Contemporary origami jewellery and accessories.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”