Another try, eh? The New New chat thread welcomes you back!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
MrsEss

Re: Another try, eh? The New New chat thread welcomes you ba

Post by MrsEss » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:56 pm

I don't see an issue to sharing some things. I made tutorials for Diversity Hair for her webby, but I only revealed so much. I kept the way I add webbing to dreads a "secret" as there is help & then there is throwing all your skills away, iyswim?
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

thecutealternative

Post by thecutealternative » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:14 am

Morning,

I know what you mean Sarah, I get a lot of emails asking for help. I usually just send people to HEF as I don't have much time to explain everything. I also maker roving in a completely different way to any other I've seen, it's kinda my trade secret I guess.

I'm having a rubbish Sunday. Just heard my best friends mum has been told her cancer is terminal and they can't do anymore for her. I've washed a clean nappy in the washing machine by accident and all the clothes are covered in gel, and Rosie has broke my vw camper money box bleh.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:35 am

Morning all! (been a while since I wrote that here)

Pissing it down here but at least it's not snowing. I'm just finished my coffee then I'm going to the gym, I swear :lol: (said that after the last coffee) something about the rain zaps my will to walk anywhere!

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:00 pm

My first day back at work after holiday :( I forgot my pack up, my iPad that I use at work...:( needless to say that will mean I eat crap food now because I am hungry!

Still feeding my hangover from a free bar at a wedding on Saturday!

So lovely to see sunshine here today at last :)

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:05 pm

Sun is out here too, but still need the coat.

A few things;

I was TOP PERFORMER at work last week. The only person in store to hit (exceed) all my targets for the week. FUCK YES! Just goes to show what difference new management can make.

Richard is annoyed at me because I cancelled the direct debit for the bathroom as I simply didn't have the money to pay them last month. They wrote to me again, but I've rang & sorted the payments out to come out when I actually get paid, not 3 weeks afterwards like it was.

I have my X-Ray results in the morning & I am shitting a brick about what he may tell me. Hopefully it isn't too bad, but on the flip side I'm hoping there is something & it's not all just in my head.

Finally, I have received a message from someone who is interested in investing in Decimation Fashion - he found me on IndieGoGo!! I'm just hoping he is genuine & not a complete sham.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Admin gal wrote:
Still feeding my hangover from a free bar at a wedding on Saturday!

That was me last week, dear god. I think I felt rough for about 3 days.

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:51 pm

Finally completed my portfolio for animal husbandry. 9,771 words and a gazillion hours later. Now on to three 20 minute presentations on equine haematology, animal nutrition, and something about ecology I daren't look at. Jebus.

How has everyone's day been? It's clear Sarah has had a pretty decent one! That's wicked news.

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:12 pm

Bet that's a weight off your mind lorny! I've got three weeks until my exams. Haematology, physiology, patho physiology and genetics. Eww. Can't wait until the summer.

That's awesome Sarah hope it goes well.

I had dentist today, which was good and bad inequal measures. Then I went to buy makeup to console my missing tooth xD

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:24 am

My exams are at the end of may, but I only have two. Business and ecology. the ecology is one is going to be so hard. It's not just a single subject like business. It could be about bloody anything! From what lives on the bottom of the ocean to why the sky is blue.

I bought myself some make up the other day. The Dainty Doll powders are on special offer all over the place, and since my local Boots store has stopped stocking it, I thought I'd get one. I'm not sure it isn't too dark, but I shall see!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Well, my xrays have shown signs of rheumatoid arthritis in my sacroiliac joints. Off to phlebotomy clinic on Friday morning to have bloods taken to check if it's actually that.

I'm relieved in a way that there is actually something wrong with me and it's not all just in my head.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Diagnosis is a relief to have even if it is not always what we want to hear. All the best with further tests.

I am so desperate for chocolate...I wish there was a take away service for junk food like crisps and chocolate... Understandably with a minimum order like £10! Like a supermarket delivery but with under an hour delivery like pizza!

Maybe I should make my first million that way? Lol!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:55 pm

Agreed andrea. At tleast this way treatment can be specific, not just "here, have some painkillers cos your spine hurts, we're not gonna look in to the issue though" which is what it has felt like for years.

I missed out on new boots on ebay. I did just have a cheeky bid & in all honesty did not expect to win them as their original price was £500 but nvm.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:57 am

I got a B on my scientific methods lab reports. I haven't done any form of science since I was 14. Absolutely buzzing.

In not such good news, I think I am intolerant to my new Dainty Doll mineral powder foundation. My face stings as soon as I get it on.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:51 pm

Wowzers, hello everyone! Lovely to see some activity in here. And a few old faces. Wecome back, Sammu!

I've been busy as hell lately, what with work and writing and dashing around town with the gymnast (which has become a part-time job in itself!). She's doing great though, she is through to the North West Championships in May.

Sorry to hear about the suspected RA, Sarah. I felt awful when mine was diagnosed but actually it has worked out for me well and I am currently feeling fine with it. It's the hang-around cold I've got that is causing me the most trouble. I think I need some vitamin D; shame it was hailstoning here just now!
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Awh, that's amazing Gracey! Well done Elfin :D

I read on line that vitamin D is a necessary vitamin for the management of RA. I'm taking a skin, hair & nails supplement atm which has 100% RDA of Vit D in it.

Phlebotomy clinic in the morning!

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:28 pm

What are we all up to this sunny day? I am writing and rehearsing my drag king act, you know, as you do! I've had far too many biscuits and too many cups of tea!

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:40 pm

Drag king? I've never seen that! I was preparing a presentation this morning and at work all afternoon. Now I'm sitting about waiting for the other half to let me know when he'll be home so I can get a takeaway on the go. Then it's a snuggle on the sofa, watching MacGruber. Of course, something is bound to go wrong when I plan a nice evening, but so long as I have fresh baked devil's food cake in the kitchen, I can take on anything.

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Master Maydme- the dapper 'gent' about town!

Basically I sing traditional musichall songs with a nod to the naughty! If you've read or seen tipping the velvet- the act is like the main characters act :) I don't overly drsg, some drsg king acts are full on facial hair look a like a bloke!

I too have spent most of the day on the sofa...standing up rehearsals tomorrow! Lol!

Sorry that pic is so bloody big!!!!!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:30 pm

The most dapper gent is Mr B. He is awesome. If you don't know who I'm on about: http://www.gentlemanrhymer.com/

Today was interesting, apparently I'm the only person in the shop worthy of progression and I was told work have private medical care so I'm getting that sorted out before I get told for definite what is wrong with me.

Aside from that, more sewing, more knitting. Goth weekend upcoming. Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:55 pm

I looooovvveeee Mr B :)

Us with Mr B :) squeeee fan girl moment!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Ooooh! Amazing :D

A guy I work with was on stage doing the Harlem Shake with Professor Elemental at some Comicon recently! :lol:

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:56 am

Oh I thought it was just my boots that had stopped stocking Dainty Doll.. Where do you get it now??

Also, you look awesome Andrea!

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:24 am

Hi all :D for those not on my facebook or who dont know me in real life, i had a baby girl in january. Leila Rose (like leela from futurama)
Being a mam is hard but lovely. Finding it difficult to get the time to take care of my natural dreads so i look like a proper raggy head at the minute.

Hoping to get on here a little more and since the baby has me up all night i will be here to talk to any insomniacs, international people or just good ol night owls!
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:41 am

That's wicked news, Sarah. Didn't you want to quit before?

Mon, I get it online now. Amazon places stock it cheap. I bought the powder but I think it's naff. I should have gone for the liquid foundation again. I think I will do that now, cuz I'll be annoyed if it turns out I can only get it for £20 again.

Does anyone know if I'm likely to get stung for tax if I buy something from America? I want one of those little soundwave things, where they make a soundwave of your voice and make a cut out of it, but I can only find them on etsy.

In other news, I've decided that I'm going to go to a roller derby tryout next Saturday. I'm as athletic as a throw rug, and have no concept of space awareness. Should be a ball.

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:11 am

Monique_marion_may wrote:Oh I thought it was just my boots that had stopped stocking Dainty Doll.. Where do you get it now??

Also, you look awesome Andrea!
Thanks, dainty doll cosmetics? Mu boots never stocked it, I get it online, eBay last time !

Ooooh edit...just checked amazon, great bargains on dainty doll! Just bought some eyeshadows for 90p!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”