Another try, eh? The New New chat thread welcomes you back!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
LittlePinkFaery

Re: Another try, eh? The New New chat thread welcomes you ba

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:57 am

Yep has to fit or it won't load!

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Its 10kib not 10 kb and its best to use a paint program more sophisicated than paint. If you are, it shouldn't be too hard. Just ramp up the compression for JPGs or make it a .gif.
*Rule Obsessor*

sammu

Post by sammu » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:16 pm

Using Photoshop; nothing I do makes the image smaller than 36kb. Ah well.

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:28 pm

Look what I found...

http://hair18356.yuku.com/

Old hair ezboatd! Blast from the past for some of us there!

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:37 pm

Post the picture. I'll do it.

Pretty much the only useful thing I ever did on this site - Compress potential avatars.
*Rule Obsessor*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:06 pm

Mine is through flickr Sammu, it;s the perfect size :)
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Zeddread

Post by Zeddread » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:21 am

Ahhh HEF. I have forgotten your wonders! Hello all....

I've been in Canada snowboarding for 6 months over the winter, and have returned, and gotten myself a fab [low level ;) ] graphic design job, and felt like having a little browse on here again, now I get the internet at work :D

It is quiet isnt it.....
"Hah, Haa! I'll be back to varnish you later you little pine tart!"
Red Rebellion! <3

sammu

Post by sammu » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:56 pm

Zeddread wrote:Ahhh HEF. I have forgotten your wonders! Hello all....

I've been in Canada snowboarding for 6 months over the winter, and have returned, and gotten myself a fab [low level ;) ] graphic design job, and felt like having a little browse on here again, now I get the internet at work :D

It is quiet isnt it.....
Allo stranger. :D

starlight

Post by starlight » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:46 pm

Hey guys, slightly odd question - is anyone still in contact with sybafairy who used to post on here? I had someone called Milla approach me on LiveJournal (apparently I added sybafairy on LJ however many moons ago, and she found me through sybafairy's friends.) anyway, it appears sybafairy sold Milla some things which she hasn't received, and sybafairy has now stopped repsonding to emails :( you can read Milla's account here: http://10101101010110.livejournal.com/

If anyone can help, can you let me (or Milla via her LJ) know?

sammu

Post by sammu » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:57 pm

starlight wrote:Hey guys, slightly odd question - is anyone still in contact with sybafairy who used to post on here? I had someone called Milla approach me on LiveJournal (apparently I added sybafairy on LJ however many moons ago, and she found me through sybafairy's friends.) anyway, it appears sybafairy sold Milla some things which she hasn't received, and sybafairy has now stopped repsonding to emails :( you can read Milla's account here: http://10101101010110.livejournal.com/

If anyone can help, can you let me (or Milla via her LJ) know?
I think Sarah might know! Wasn't her name Nicky or something? I honestly can't remember.

starlight

Post by starlight » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:41 pm

yeah that's right. I had a couple of pm's from people about it, thanks guys! sounds like sybafairy has done this to a few people, and I'm not sure this girl on LJ has much chance of getting her money back since she didn't pay with paypal :( worth a try tho.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:44 pm

Aaah, good evening all.

for those not on my twitter/facebook I have terrible earache :( I can hear like I'm wearing ear defenders & I can't get to the doctor until wednesday. My eardrops say not to use them if there is any pain, so I'm at a loss until then.

I'm concerned I won't hear my alarm in the morning for work :/
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:58 am

Hellooooo all. :mrgreen:

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:25 am

Allo, allo! Does anyone dabble with making their own scents and what not? A few years ago I got some perfume oils that smell just like Vera Wang and Jean Paul Gaultier, but for legal reasons they had to stop selling them, after their distributers sold them as the real name and not the made up one. Does anyone know anywhere else that sells decent perfume oils? I hate spending 50 quid on a perfume I could make for a tenner. I'm just out of oils now!

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Could try Ebay Lorny? or is that stating the obvious? :lol:

Eurrrgh I have the worst skin right now! I'm almost 29, I thought the spot thing would be over by now!!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:40 pm

Yeah, or you could be me & be thirty one & never have left the spotty stage for your skin. Admittedly, it's a lot better than it used to be, but I don't give a fuck any more. My skin used to get me down, but not any more. I have a decent cleaning routine & only put natural mineral crap on my face, but I have oily parts which will always be there so pffft.

My Dr's appt is FINALLY in the morning & I'm very glad it is, my ear ache has given me epic jaw ache - it's painful to yawn!

Also, I'm in two minds about applying for a new job - the new one is minimum wage, but it gets me away from the evil targets that keep getting shoved in my face. I'm not a seller-seller iyswim? I lose my staff discounts & my private medical care, but I'm honestly wondering if that is enough for me to stay, to have the same conversation every few months. IDK. I might edit my CV & drop it off tomorrow....

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:39 am

I wouldn't usually be too bothered, but it's like an explosion in an acne factory! Ick.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:55 am

I decided against applying for that job - I'm of the belief that if you cannot decide yes or no, then the answer is always no.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:31 am

I tend to go by that rule as well.

Eurgh I've been feeling exhausted the past couple of days, falling asleep again after only being up an hour! :?

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:01 pm

evening all
how is everyone?
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:16 pm

I made a booboo. I mixed two "silver" shades together, forgetting one was permanent (more of a toner with the little bottle of hair killing juice) and left it on ALL afternoon. I've just washed my hair, it's not as bad as it has been in the past but I'm a bit annoyed at myself for forgetting.

I *do* have white hair though - I need silver though. Must go buy the non permanent one again tomorrow; the only reason I mixed em is because after I'd put the temp one in a bowl it didn't look like enough to cover my hair.

Bah >_<

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:47 pm

Sorry for diving in mid-convo, but after a few weeks of lurking about I've decided to come back and join in properly :3
Hi everyone, it's been a while :D

DreadfulWiTcH

Post by DreadfulWiTcH » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi! I just want to jump in here and say sorry for being a lurker. I was just getting really into making dreads until about December when we received our daughter's diagnosis of Autism. Since then, most of my time has been (and still is) devoted to my daughter and her early intervention services. But now that we've established a routine that we're comfortable with, and especially since we've already seen so much progress, it's been so much more relaxing to learn about this art and put my skills to use.

So, i'm here to learn, and i'm super freaking excited to be here with all the awesome people! :i2:

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:22 pm

DreadfulWiTcH wrote:Hi! I just want to jump in here and say sorry for being a lurker. I was just getting really into making dreads until about December when we received our daughter's diagnosis of Autism. Since then, most of my time has been (and still is) devoted to my daughter and her early intervention services. But now that we've established a routine that we're comfortable with, and especially since we've already seen so much progress, it's been so much more relaxing to learn about this art and put my skills to use.

So, i'm here to learn, and i'm super freaking excited to be here with all the awesome people! :i2:
GREETINGS!! :D :D :D
i nearly lost my son to diabetes in novemeber, so i totally understand where you are coming from.Great that you are into a good routine . We have good and bad days with merlin, its been such a enormous emotional rollercoaster for all us, and so much to take in.
Making dreads i find so relaxing and helps me unwind a bit to,as merlin now suffers alot from anger issues wich is horrible for us all, and such hard work too, so sometimes its nice to sit down and rat the hell out of some hair taking my frustrations out on it lol, i find it relaxing!!
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:54 pm

Welcome!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”