corset training

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
acia lust

corset training

Post by acia lust » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:57 pm

back when i was 12, i was overweight and placed into a back brace. i lost a ton of weight because it restricted my portion intake, and straighted(ish) my spine, of course. i went from being an overweight kid in size 12 jean, to a small teenager in a size 7 jean. since then, i've gained a ton of weight and working on losing it. i've since thrown away the brace in celebration of freedom, but i also have an underbust steel boned corset. would i be able to use that to help me lose weight in the same way that the brace helped me? (granted, it has to fit first, lol)

LittlePinkFaery

Re: corset training

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:33 pm

Got to be the strangest thing I have heard in a plee to lose weight! There is no answer other than portion control, food education and exercise and movement. A corset will do nothing as you need to educate yourself about food choices and your intake. Try myfitnesspal app (or online) and be truthful about what you eat.

I am no skinny cow without an idea of being overnight. I've lost 6.5 stone since my heaviest and i'm still classed as obese at a UK 16. It took me years to break the diet/ gain weight cycle- for years I maintained I didn't eat that much, blamed my medical conditions but the reality is there is no simple answer. I aim to be a uk size 10/12 and I know I will get there with hard work . You need to want to do it and to want to face your food demons- I tried weight watchers, hypnotherapy, gi, all sorts, I blamed my conditions, my metabolism, I ignore my actual diet and portion size and no, I was not a huge eater by any means but ultimately I needed to change and wake up to myself. It's a hard lesson and a bitter pill to swallow.

As for a corset, it may restrict you a little but you will soon get used to wearing it and it won't change anything- also you may experience terrible pain if you remove a corset too soon after eating a meal as the food literally drops! Believe me I've done it! Corsets are not meant to be worn like a back brace and corset waist training is not about losing weight, it is about changing shape.

If you want to take this look at yourself, do it, if you are not ready, don't as yo yo dieting is more harmful than staying as you are. And there is nothing wrong with being bigger if you are happy and healthy.

There are plenty on here who will help and support you losing weight- me included. Good luck with it :)

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:42 pm

As someone that regularly tightlaces I can honestly say it won't work- you do just get used to it. I'm so used to my corsets I can eat away normally in them even though they make my waist about 20" smaller than my hips (also, all weight I gain goes straight to the hips)

Some of the ladies on here have amazing weight loss journies though, and are genuinely inspirational :)
/emmy x

acia lust

Post by acia lust » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:59 pm

thank you for the advice. i've been on weight watchers for about a month now, and i've just been bouncing between a couple pounds but not moving in a good direction. i guess i'm intimidated because i hear newcomers to the meeting coming in and saying they've already lost 6lbs in their first week, and yet, here i am, stuck in the same weight i started, 225lbs. i'm a size 18 US.
i've taken a look at the fitness pal site, and i think this may help, seeing as i can access it from work as well.
my other problem is motivation to excercise. i'll do it one day, be revved up, and then quit for the rest of the week and claim to be a failure. i've never been much of an active girl. so it's kind of a strong change for me to make :i7:

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”