Pierced and travelling advise

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
ProudToBeDifferent

Pierced and travelling advise

Post by ProudToBeDifferent » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi, this may be an odd worry but I have a lot of piercing and I am travelling outside of the UK soon and just wondered if anyone knew what happens with npiercings and metal detectors in airports? Do they make you take them all out or just realise that that's whats setting it off? Or does titanium not set it off? Just wondered if anyone has any experience with this?

Bomber

Re: Pierced and travelling advise

Post by Bomber » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:00 pm

I've never heard of body jewellery setting metal detectors off in my life.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:51 pm

Bomber wrote:I've never heard of body jewellery setting metal detectors off in my life.

This.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Synthetik Ecstasy

Post by Synthetik Ecstasy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:06 pm

In my experience, I've never had trouble with my piercings setting off the metal detectors. My Grandma though, her metal knees were an issue! The look on the security guards face was priceless! The only issue I did have, not major, was that they asked me to take my hair down to check I wasn't concealing anything in my dread-bun.

Hope this helps!

starlight

Post by starlight » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:54 pm

^^ yep.. as I understand it, you'd have to be wearing a LOT of steel jewellery to even stand a chance of setting one off. Few bits of titanium won't have any effect.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:25 am

Same as the others, never had a problem! Even the airport staff said it wasn't that when I kept setting off the alarm once, turned out it was my bra wire :lol:

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:44 pm

As far as I know it's never happened, though my piercer did say microdermals sometimes set off Italian metal detectors as they're the tetchiest. Not sure if this is true though as I haven't been to visit my Italian family for years...

I'm sure they're fine!
/emmy x

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”