In need of some encouraging words

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Wild.Rabbit.Ren

In need of some encouraging words

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:05 pm

I started study an access course so i can study nursing at uni iv even applied for a job as a healthcare assistant to help aid me in my knowledge. My course requires me to redo maths at first i thought that will be fine its been along time since i went to school i might have changed my mind about maths and it might even be easier. Iv always struggled with it and coming back to it it seems even harder than it was before. My tutors on annual leave at the moment so i cant talk to him and im completely stressing out about this maths work how ever many times i keep trying to do this sum i keep getting it wrong. :cry:

VixenSingsBlack

Re: In need of some encouraging words

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:04 pm

I like math, but I am not good at it. You'll pull through, deep breaths help. Maybe try the internet for some tutorials on how to get it done?

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:40 pm

last year I took an algebra course that had me in absolute tears more than once. I had some good friends tutor me. If it were not for them I would have thrown my laptop thru a window or something. It IS tough, but you'll get through it!

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Is it GCSE maths they're getting you to re-do? If so, the bbc bitesize site is really good. Also getting the course book that matches the exam board might help. For example this is the OCR exam board revision guide: http://www.amazon.co.uk/GCSE-Maths-Modu ... 171&sr=8-1

If you want to PM me, I used to be a dab hand at maths - I might be able to help!

Sharaya

Post by Sharaya » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:52 pm

I too am terrible at math. I barely got through my first college Algebra class and when I went in for my second I literally left in the middle of class and had to cry in the bathroom on more then one occasion. I have always had a very hard time with math. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't one of those hybrid classes where everything is done on a computer program. So even though I had the same teacher who helped me before, he was no longer there half the time and with sooo many people in the class he rarely had the time to speak with me for 5 seconds to help me out. It was horrible. My best advice would be to hang in there, keep the tutor, avoid online classes (unless they are from home and you can cheat, cause lets face it most of that stuff is useless) And do as much extra credit as you can get your hands on. Just in case you fail any tests or quizes. I wish I could be of more help, but Im in the same boat as you. You aren't alone! *hugs*

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”