Sewing Projects

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Wild.Rabbit.Ren

Sewing Projects

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:39 am

I bought my first sewing machine & cant wait to get started iv got a few simple swing projects lined up for me to get used to the machine - bow tie neclace, head band, scarf, tote bag, cushion, just some simple things to get started. What i want to know is what where your first sewing projects iv love to gather some more ideas!

VixenSingsBlack

Re: Sewing Projects

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:26 pm

Some of my first were simple dolls. I'd sew the basic shape on the machine, stuff, and then embellish with hand sewing. Pretty easy and felt like I was getting somewhere. Headbands are always a great bet! And now I like to sew purses, although I've done a few shirts and things too. Sewing accessories for a car is easy and great fun. Now I can stitch patches onto clothing purses with my machine too, took me a while to get there because of the crazy shapes.

Best of luck with it! Let us see what you come up with ;)

MrsEss

Re: Sewing Projects

Post by MrsEss » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:45 pm

Www.cutoutandkeep.net is a great place. Lots of tutorials and whatnot on there.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”