The Chat Thread- for all your silly posts and chatter (13)

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
night_wolf

Re: The Chat Thread- for all your silly posts and chatter (1

Post by night_wolf » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:08 pm

First Mindi, I am so sorry to hear that and hope you'll be ok <3.

Liz, I had a little tear when I saw that, great news.

Today is great news for me also, I have a flat viewing, here's a sneak peak:

It's furnished for 400quid a month (to put in context I'm paying 440quid for my current shared place).

I'm so excited, it looks as though it might be a bit hefty pricing for me to move in as it's agency but it's only 200quid more than I initially thought anyway. Phew!

:D

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:40 pm

woolhairhabit wrote: Oh, and happy birthday, Amy's gran. x
:D

That's excellent news about your mum, Liz.

That must have been a horrible experience Mindi, I hope you're feeling better and getting some rest.

and good evening. I'm ridiculously tired. I can't be arsed to cook so my OH has gone to get a frozen pizza, and I asked for some chocolate. Oh I'm a terrible, terrible person. I fitted into a size 10 skirt today too...not for much longer :roll:

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Ladies, I have finally got around to uploading the pics from our holiday to Canada in February. For those of you on facebook, here is a link to the entire album:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 347&type=3

For those of you who just want to see the hair pics, I have posted a massive pic spam in the natural dreads pics section. As always, Gracey's work looks amazing!
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:55 pm

Mindi, I'm sending you major hugs and feel better soon thoughts, i've had more than one miscarriage and they can be terrible things to go through xxxxx

Hope everyone else is ok 8-)

My week is going well, got my holidays confirmed for june so it seems that i'm heading to download with one of my best mates and a bunch of gorgeous metal gods!
Sunday also means that i will be changing my hair colour, going for a dark coppery/cherry red/mahogany with some bright copper and violet flashes of colour. I also have some yummy beautiful dreads from Miss Tyto dreads herself to look forward to as well :-D Things are finally looking up on my front!
blah blah blah

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:09 pm

Has nothing been posted here today?! :shock:

Well I'm babysitting tonight, translated as sat on my arse on my laptop, drinking diet coke. Unless he cries.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:56 pm

I tried, but 3G signal in gyppo land was evil. I couldn't even get on facebook!!

The last bit of nasal stitch came out last night. Woo hooo!! I'm currently waiting for my dinner to cook. Yes, I've been out THAT long.

@Gracey - You can get a Nokia "brick" from £14.95 depending on what you want your phone to do. The £15 doesn't have a camera, bluetooth etc, just calls & texts.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:18 pm

Ahhh the old nokia's, I had one of the really old ones, then the 3210, then the 3310 which was the utter shit back then :lol:

RxQueen

Post by RxQueen » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:52 am

Little Wicked wrote:Ladies, I have finally got around to uploading the pics from our holiday to Canada in February. For those of you on facebook, here is a link to the entire album:

For those of you who just want to see the hair pics, I have posted a massive pic spam in the natural dreads pics section. As always, Gracey's work looks amazing!
did you just stay in ottawa?

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:16 am

Gorgeous pics Mindi. They make me so happy.

I had a 3310 that landed beside me across a campsite at Glastonbury. I shit you not; it was thrown across a field and still worked. I doubt whether my phone would survive a fall from my pocket onto the sofa.

I am working today, as yesterday's lady was too late arriving for me to do the job. It wasn't really her fault, as the petrol queues spread onto the motorways, but I wish it weren't the case. I did go to bed at 9:30pm last night so now I feel rested. I'm going to crack on and do some aerobics before I go.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:46 am

woolhairhabit wrote:
I had a 3310 that landed beside me across a campsite at Glastonbury. I shit you not; it was thrown across a field and still worked. I doubt whether my phone would survive a fall from my pocket onto the sofa.
:lol: they were sturdy little things. That said, I have dropped my (super old) iphone a LOT and it's fine, apart from the screens slightly fucked. I have the first one that my OH handed down to me, and it's still going strong!

I liked your pics Mindi, the skateway looks amazing! :D

Well I couldn't have a lie in AGAIN. Damnit. I guess getting up at 5:45 everyday will do that.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:12 am

The customer that was rescheduled yesterday because of lateness is fucking LATE!! My incredulity knows no bounds.

Gracey xx

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:12 am

That's pretty ridiculous, Gracey.

I'm going out tonight, having the what to wear crisis...eeeep :lol:

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:18 pm

it's doing well then Amy. They normally die after 2 years. New phones are like mini computers, leaving them on forever will eventually kill them, just like it would to a normal pc.

You can't buy 3310's in retail anymore, but no doubt you can on ebay.

To all the technology lovers....the HTC one X is a gorgeous bit o kit! We have one at the shop & it's absolutely stunning! Not released yet, but wow.

I've just eaten wholegrain pasta with tom/cheese sauce. NOM! That's all I have to say, aside from MY LEG FUCKING HURTS!!!!! Seriously, trapped nerves can GTFO.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:41 pm

Ladies, I'm gonna spend my birthday with you as the only person who has replied to me is Dani saying she's unsure if she can make it.

I'm actually quite upset that my close friends haven't bothered to reply to me.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:48 pm

RxQueen wrote:
Little Wicked wrote:Ladies, I have finally got around to uploading the pics from our holiday to Canada in February. For those of you on facebook, here is a link to the entire album:

did you just stay in ottawa?
Yes, we did. We went there in February, and managed to catch Winterlude (completely by chance, wasn't scheduled that way!) I grew up in Ottawa, and moved to the UK when I was 18, this was my first time back since I left (15 years ago now!), so it was kind of a nostalgia trip for me. I see your profile pic says ontario, are you in Ottawa?
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:19 pm

Sarah if I were around I'd totally come meet you.

Go karting today, 70mph karts on a huuuuge outdoor track, went with work. Had such a laugh, but I'm now sore and covered in bruises. :lol:

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:30 pm

Thanks steph. Means a lot. X

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:15 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:Thanks steph. Means a lot. X
No worries, it's never easy spending a birthday alone (I had it for my 18th and 21st.) but you'll get there. I ended up eating all the food I wanted and watching all my favourites.

My arms really hurt, by god, but I've just ordered pizza because I could.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:31 pm

Sarah, that is the day I close my business. We can celebrate here together.

I wanted to do some work this evening but my hands are screwed so I can't. Tomorrow it is instead, then.

Gracey xx

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:51 am

DreadstarMonstar wrote:
I'm actually quite upset that my close friends haven't bothered to reply to me.
Twats!

HEF is always on hand for the can can etc :lol:

I was out last night, wasn't quite expecting to be in at 4am, dear me, at least I got a little lie in, and only a teeny headache!

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:53 am

Im very sore after go karting yesterday. But by god the house quiet. As my housemate was asked to move out yesterday by the landlord. Oops!

Now to relax start work again friday. :)

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:04 am

Bleurgh. I've been up for hours and hours and am quite feeling like ruining a cerain neighbour's day. I have been sleeping badly so it was not unusual for me to be awake at 3am. But then my neighbour and her friends came home and pumped out very loud grime tunes until gone 6 this morning. When I say loud, I mean my windows were shaking. I finally gave up at 5:15am and got up. I have been some insane kind of laundry factory since then.

I'm going to wait until 10:30am and then go and bang needless nails into the shed. Seriously. I'd be doing it already, if only it weren't for the rest of the neighbours she will have disturbed all night, too. She is a prize dickhead.

Other than that, the sun is shining but it is bloody cold.

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Cold here too. I'm in a rather quiet shop, abusing the tablets. I hope the weather is nice at the weekend, I'm gonna sit outside on an inflatable chair and drink cider. That's the plan anyway.......doesn't help i only get paid on thr 13th. Meh.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Sounds like a great plan, Sarah!

I just don't know what noisy neighbours are thinking sometimes...we had someone in this block that would play loud music at ridiculous times, including Bob Marley at 5am on a Sunday morning?! I think that was the final straw to get him evicted.

Lazy Sunday here with some housework thrown in...need to stick some washing in shortly.

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:12 pm

Ah landlord has gone out, time for a cup of tea and some video games.

I've never really had noisy neighbours just noisy housemates. Now it seems I have just the landlord, it's just me and him currently, it's a bit weird. :lol:

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”