The Chat Thread- for all your silly posts and chatter (13)

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Monique_marion_may

Re: The Chat Thread- for all your silly posts and chatter (1

Post by Monique_marion_may » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:31 pm

KelsieStars wrote:
DreadstarMonstar wrote: I've not mentioned this on Facebook & although i reckon no one would say anything, I'd appreciate it if this wasn't discussed on there.
That goes without saying my lovely
Best of luck with this and hope it all goes well x

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:10 am

Chocolate acquired. I feel decidedly sick now.

Physio in the morning. Woooo, or something.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:55 pm

I just had a bag of Maltesers, can't usually get them here, found them in a random shop, they were sooooo good! :D

Got a pair of coated jeggings today in a sale! Probably don't need anymore of those now...

misshexen

Post by misshexen » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:15 pm

I'm so excited about the 1920's night I'm off to tomorrow. I usually don't bother with Valentines Day, but I'm obsessed by the Bright Young People so I'm now doing something.

zaea

Post by zaea » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:14 pm

i think i've finally broken away from facebook groups!

time for me to celebrate :D i've wasted far too much time in them i think.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:40 pm

zaea wrote:i think i've finally broken away from facebook groups!

time for me to celebrate :D i've wasted far too much time in them i think.

Congrats :D
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

zaea

Post by zaea » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Thank you! It's sucked up a lot of my life, feels liberating to be able to distance myself from it. I've put my birds in the same room as the computers so I can't sneak in there and stay online all night. It's worked thus far! :)

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:20 pm

I was exhausted about an hour ago....decided I'd go to bed at 11 & now I'm not tired. I'm gonna add some images to tumblr & attempt tot sleep.

This evening has been about looking at wool/cashmere blends, satins, tafettas, and suiting fabrics. I'm glad there are 10 weeks before Whitby Goth Weekend, as it's gonna take me that long to sort everything out!

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:33 am

Are you having a stall at Whitby Sarah?

I am having a non-motivated day today. But off to work now :(
http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:44 pm

Not this time, but I do intend on having one - maybe not this year. Someone needs to magically give me a car & a drivers license.

I'm also considering showcasing at an event next year....I need to pull my finger out.

Last night I decided that if (when) I'm fired from work I'll be going to the self employment help people & get sorted with eventually being self sufficient.

Also, update regarding the "issue" with Seth:

Seth was observed for an hour by the Psychotherapist, she noticed a few quirks but no major alarm bells. Thing like he doesn't like writing & needs motivating to do it, he'll speak to his peers the way he speaks to us & the kids in his class often don't get it.

She asked us about him, his home life & so on and doesn't seem to think there is cause for concern, more of "what we can do to help him" as he's socially awkward & so on.

We have a form to fill in & then there is a year long waiting list for CAMHS to see him - there are a group that all need to observe him at different times before they say he is (or isn't) on the Autism Spectrum.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Evening all. I've been told tonight that essentially I have 8 weeks left at work. I've been asked to come up with ideas to improve OVERNIGHT to start implementing from tomorrow.

All I can think is I'm not a sales person, fire me now.

I don't want to be fired but at the same time I don't want this feeling hanging over my head for the entirety of me working there.

I honestly, hand on heart believe I'm doing what I can to get sales - as the "sales thing" isn't naturally in me, it's a struggle.

I don't know what to do. We're told to be as quick as we can with customers, but to deliver the best service & make the most profit.

:(

*off to look on jobsites*

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Hello everyone! *waves* I know I've been an awful HEF member lately and have totally ignored my responsibilities to contribute on a regular basis! I have been lurking now and then, but I have been super busy lately, working around 50 hours a week in my 'proper' job, and then putting in around 20-30 hours a week in my self-employment too. So not much time left to be on forums unfortunately! Although I have been around on Facebook, so have kept up with some of you on there!

Anyway, just popped in to say hi, and see how everyone's doing! Hope you're all well!
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:40 am

Hey all....

I'm not a "sales" person either Sarah. At my first job I worked in logistics which I LOVED. Then the logistics department moved oop North so I got made redundant. They said I could stay if I moved to sales but I know I'd have been terrible. I'm far too shy and awkward!

Hope you find something soon, and good luck with the self employed thing. It's what we want to do as well, but it's hard to make the jump.
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:30 pm

If I'm fired, the first thing I'm doing is looking to self employment. Hopefully, those in te know ould help me advertise my wares better, as atm there is no way I could live on what I earn from sewing bits & bobs for people. Maybe i need to hike my prices?

I had a meltdown at work. I'm so stressed with all of this, I've bought wine which I intend to drink the entire bottle tonight.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:08 pm

OK, those that asked on facebook, this is what's going on:

Sent my CV to npower. They've rang me, but I missed the call. I was gonna call them back but Richard said I shouldn't as being an advisor is a step backwards and after the news at work yesterday, he reckons I should stay and see what happens. He also suggested I look for asst manager retail things but I told him I don't have enough experience.
He thinks I should stick it out, but I also know that regardless on what happens in 4 weeks, I'll struggle to hit my current targets.

I worked for npower a decade ago & said I'd never return. however, I now feel that npower might be the lesser of two evils. Regardless on what happens to my boss.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:14 pm

Needs must, Sarah. This is not a good market for people getting the jobs they are capable of or deserve. A good friend of mine, vastly competent and hugely impressive, received a knock back from Asda last week. I say go where you can get a foot in the door. While persuing the self-employment, which I've always felt you should be doing and have most likely mentioned before.

Long absence from here again; I do apologise, ladies. I'm writing loads at the moment and, between that and gymnastics and work, it's hard to find the time to go online. I've been a bit absent from Facebook too so I hope everybody is fine and dandy.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:25 pm

I can't de retail any more. My spine cannot handle much more of this. I rang the call centre. They're phoning me later this week for a telephone interview.

Yeah, I have. I seem to be getting slightly more orders now compared with when I first started. Not many, but it's a start. I have BIG plans for clothing and to become more self reliant, I'm going to need an overlocker. I'm thinking of doing a "please help me reach my dream" begging/donation thing on line. I've seen it work for others, so why not!?

Aahahhaaa. I put up a "you're a cock" on facebook, followed by if you think I'm on about you, then I probably am & I've had a PM from my friend's ex wife - who slept with his best friend the night before xmas & quickly became an item after her husband had moved out. Well, she's right.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:09 am

DreadstarMonstar wrote:I'm thinking of doing a "please help me reach my dream" begging/donation thing on line. I've seen it work for others, so why not!?
definitely worth a try! :) my OH was explaining to me a while ago how some computer game really took off that way, he donates to stuff on kickstarter quite often! I had a friend wanting to make a short film on there too.

Ladies, I have a stomach bug, and I'm feeling sorry for myself! Eurrrrgggghhhh. Still, feeling better than last night when I had the most atrocious stomach cramps.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:43 pm

Yeah, Richard was watching the kickstarter stuff for Elite.

I've done it, I've created my page for donations. I have 60 days to make my goal or everyone who donates gets their money back. Lets see how it goes. I couldn't do kickstarter, so a friend suggested indiegogo.

I might do a video later as to why people should donate & whatnot.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:53 pm

I'll make a donation this week when I get paid Sarah. I'm pro small businesses and designers and think its important to support them.

A video is a good idea. Also have you ever seen the garment videos on asks.com, as I think something like that showcasing your work in motion would could be a real asset for you

I've got a few ideas for jewellery and accessories I want to start making. There just doesn't seem enough hours in the day

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:20 pm

No, I have not. I don't know how that'd work though, a lot of my stuff is out on load too. I need to create a doc to keep track on where my clothes are!!

Thanks Lesley, I know it's not pay day for some for a few more days. I've email Zellain from orbid Fashion to see if she can share my indiegogo for me.

I'm also aware Jenna set hers up yesterday. I'm not jumping on her bandwagon or anything - I have conversations on Tumblr & Twitter about me doing this from 2,3,4 weeks ago. I've just not got round to it until now.

Now, it is time for cheesecake & Archer! :D

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:50 am

I can't afford to donate right now, but I'll chuck you something when I next get paid Sarah...I did share your link though, so I hope that helps a little, even if it's just to share the love.
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:34 am

Argh darn auto-correct, I meant asos.com for the videos Sarah, sorry.

Wow its almost March guys, where is the time going?!?

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Aaah, that makes more sense. Yes I have.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

thecutealternative

Post by thecutealternative » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:45 pm

Evening all, how's everyone doing?

Sarah, I also will donate when I'm a little better off, and have shared your link so hope it helps!
I wanted to say thanks for the promotion on FB too, I need to start promoting more, but that definitely helped me out loads, so ta chick xxx oh and have started sending out your cards with orders too :-)

I can't believe it's nearly march either! My baby's going to be one next week, argghh! Have sent out invites for a little tea party today, and am getting her birthday presents tomorrow, <3 my girl. Just can't believe how the time flies, she trying to walk at the moment, scary times!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”