The Chat Thread- for all your silly posts and chatter (13)

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
ShadowThrone

Re: The Chat Thread- for all your silly posts and chatter (1

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:40 am

Oooh sounds fun, Lisa, have a great day :D you will get pissed more easily, I'm such a cheap date since I lost weight :lol:

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:59 am

Have a lovely day Lisa! I too have been up since 7am, and miserably failed at my attempt to have a lie in. The OH has gone to the launderette to do our laundry, so I am at home on my own browsing t'internet and drinking coffee.
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:12 am

I've been up since 6am. I have done some cleaning, some laundry and an hour of cardio already. Elfin has just got up and the others are still snoring.

I have decided that my living room is more of a priority than my bedroom just now and am hoing to focus on that first. First job there is actually to purchase a shed for the rabbits to move into, as I'm utterly sick and tired of them destroying the house. It went down like a lead balloon with Jordan, who seems to think it's perfectly reasonable for me to feel like a guest in a large-scale rabbit hutch. I've had enough. If it's not rabbit shit and rabbit hair everywhere you turn, it's the destruction of each and every chewable item we have in there. They have attacked my bookcase, my library itself, every soft furnishing in the room and every wire they can sink their teeth into. Last night they destroyed Elfin's 3DS cable, leaving it useless until I fork out for a new one.

I want to buy new sofas and change the room around, as well as decorate. All of which are absolutely impossible with the bunny demolition crew on their constant rampage. So I'm now perusing sheds as a route to sanity. I feel bad that Jordan is so upset but rabbits can't come before people.

Other than that, I need to buy hair and start a set of synth and go to Asda. I have to do that really quite soon, as I am drinking the last cup of coffee.
Last edited by Gracey on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:24 am

Glad it's not just me who couldn't get a lie in today. My OH on the other hand, is snoozing away in bed still.

Think I'll have a coffee too, and blow dry my hair.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:42 am

I'm rubbish at lie-ins. Usually I go for the early night instead but last night I didn't and I was still up very early. I don't really mind, though. Early morning is my favourite time of day and I love getting things done in peace before everybody else gets up.

Gracey xx

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:00 am

I'm still up since yesterday, which is amazing considering I feel like crap and struggled to eat anything solid. :D I am feeling better than I did though and its so sunny and pretty out :D

Gracey, the bunnies will forgive you eventually. I miss having them in the house but needs must and all. :( I try and have them out in the run as much as possible instead. At least a shed would keep them covered and they'd still have plenty of room.

And I started a blog for myself. I doubt anyone would read and it probably isn't that interesting so I won't bore you all with it but I'm just impressed that I actually managed to sit down and write something. I generally get distracted by something shiny instead!
*Rule Obsessor*

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:35 am

Yeah, the rabbits forgiving me is pretty low on my list at this precise moment. I'm not saying I don't think they are ace but, right now, it's more about me forgiving them.

Right that's a few more chores done, now I'm off in the bath before i scoot out to the supermarket.

Gracey xx

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:06 am

I suppose that's the only probably with pets, Frankie (puppy) did the same, bloody nightmare.

Up and about with my new phone, thought 'hey the house is empty, let's have some nice music and clean this place'...landlord walks through the door. Kind of put a halt on things, I think he's snooping upstairs, not sure why, but hopefully he goes out to enjoy the sun so I can get some peace and quiet. The housemate has been a pain, dropping bowling balls and singing glee all bloody week.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:30 pm

Richard got up before me, went to Tesco & brought me breakfast in bed :D Consisting of scones with clotted cream & jam. I ate them & went back to sleep :lol:

I got up in the afternoon had a shower, cleaned the bathroom, put everything back in the bathroom, sorted out Korben's room & half sorted ours, cleaned the lounge, the kitchen, got all the washing downstairs & vacuumed. My head hurts. Next missions are to put all my crafty gear in a spare chest of drawers upstairs and scrub the doors.

Seth is grading tomorrow, so essentially my day is wasted as I have to loiter in Stockton for 2 hours as if I came home, I'd probably need to get the bus 10 minutes after returning to ensure I was back in time for him. I shall sit in cafe nero & drink lots of coffee I reckon.

Lisa! Have a wonderful time. sorry I couldn't make it. xx
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi all! What a glorious sunny day :D I'm not one for summer (I really don't like the heat), but this weather is beautiful! It's bright, but still cool - just perfect.

I'm off to a friends film screening tonight - a documentary about the local band 'King Adora' - quite looking forward to it, should be good. Just trying to sort out train times as I'll be buggered if I'm driving into Birmingham on a Saturday night!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:28 pm

sarah, that is exactly my predicament while Elfin is training. It takes two buses to get there down two of the busiest routes in the city. If i were to come home between times, I would essentially have to turn straight back around again. Hence, I sit in the gymnastics centre for more hours than I care to add up each week. This, in summary, is what is finally kicking me into doing something about getting a driving license.

Small rest stop for me now, i've run around like a nutter all day and I'm knackered now.

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Normally, I stay at kickboxing with him, but grading is strictly no spectators. I think the kids concentrate better or something. I saw a small part before and it was amazing. Neat formed lines of children all in sync, doing various kicks and punches. I was impressed.

My boss asked me if I was gonna get my driver's license, but the cost of running a car has always been too high. Tax, insurance, services and mot's. Not to mention petrol itself. A friend of mine pays £70 a week in petrol and that's just her commute to and from work :/
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:15 pm

Bit late, but thanks alot Lisa, that's a lovely thing to say and has perked me up. Mad that a compliment can cheer me up this much.

Hello, I'm ill and i'm not enjoying it one bit. It should be criminal to get a cold on lovely hot summery days as i'm boiling but shivering at the same time. Also, I can already feel I'll get a chest infection - only my 5th one in 12 months.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Ah, well I certainly wouldn't be driving to work. Driving in the city would be largely slower and less economically sensible than public transport. The gymnastics runs, however, and the trips home to Whitby, would be much easier. It's not been a thing I've felt the need to do until recently but now I'd really love to be driving.

Gracey xx

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:26 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:Richard got up before me, went to Tesco & brought me breakfast in bed :D Consisting of scones with clotted cream & jam. I ate them & went back to sleep :lol:
Now that is bloody lovely :lol:

we've been at the park all day, bbq'ing and drinking, I'm now making lasagne whilst a bit tipsy.

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Driving is getting impossible over here too. I only got a bit less than half a tank fr $35 yesterday. Granted we drive everywhere, we've got the three little ones so its more convent... I hate gas is so high my mom lives out of state and bought some clothes for the kids it takes a whole tank to get up there. And not to mention cost of mailing things so she can't even mail the clothes. I feel bad telling her she has to wait until Easter dinner to see us but spending $70-90 just in gas is tough.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:25 am

Morning.

I want my hour back.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:01 am

No, don't say that Sarah. This is the closest thing i've had to a lie-in in months!

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:12 am

Hehehe. Tbf, I haven't really noticed the clock change. Korben woke at 8, my phone automatically updated the time so it doesn't feel quite like an hour is gone.

I just usually like a lot of sleep.

This morning will involve breakfast and a general kitchen spruce before taking Seth for his grading.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:33 am

I don't feel like I've lost one either, I'm just enjoying tricking myself into believing I had enough sleep. This morning for me will involve felting. This afternoon will involve making synth dreads. At least I can sit out and do those in the sunshine.

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:45 am

Aye, sun is out here too. I'm trying to decide what to wear to loiter in Stockton, so far I've got blowfish boots and skinny trousers and just over an hour before we have to go.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:55 am

I was awake for the hour change, and then couldn't sleep because of this bloody cold. I actually resulted in counting to try to make me sleep. I think I got about 4 hours in the end.

I'm now looking at laptops on littlewoods. I spilt tea over mine and it's totally fucked, so I need a new one. I can't afford to buy one out right, but i'm not sure getting one on credit is the right thing to do :/

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:02 am

You can normally get a year interest free, so if you can pay it off in 12 months it won't cost you any extra. Can you live without a laptop? I spilt beer on mine and aside from a purple inch wide streak on the monitor it's fine.

I'm currently sat outside cafe Nero listening to the scum of Stockton shout at each other. I have coffee and the sun is shining, so fuck em.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:46 am

I don't do credit at all so I can't answer you Mon.

I have had a bit of a felting fail. I allowed myself to become distracted and the dye from the shocking pink came out, leaving it a pale, washed out baby pink. This has never happened before. Oops. It is very well felted though.

Gracey xx

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:27 pm

Thanks :) any live without one no. But comparing the prices little woods are stupidly pricey for the stats on the laptops. So my other half has offered to lend me half so I can buy a cheaper/better one out right.
Oh no Gracey!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”