The Chat Thread- for all your silly posts and chatter (13)

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
MrsEss

Re: The Chat Thread- for all your silly posts and chatter (1

Post by MrsEss » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Aw, hugs Lisa. That is pretty sad, luckily though they found out early enough that they can remove it. As Gracey says, ectopic pregnancies can be fatal.

Hugs to you and yours.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:00 pm

I unfortunately had to google what ectopic pregnancy was, my best to your sister Lisa! *big hugs*

Phew, so this week has been tiresome, the last two days I've been doing 6am til 3pm, which means getting up at half 4, but the last two days I've barely slept (don't drive when tired ladies <3) its my own fault, I couldn't sleep and know damn well I should have told work it wasn't safe for me to come in.

Luckily today I've had a nap and everyone is out so I'm sure to be zonked out!

Started applying for flats, got a few people get back to me, so hopefully that can take off, I've also sorted out my bike test for June, just after my birthday - exciting!

Friend offered me a job in Sheffield, remember how I always wanted to go back ladies? Turned it down, I'd be no happier there than here and I have a nice job that I can get somewhere in, time to knuckle down.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Gawd, I'm tired. I did two dreadfixes today and then the customary dash to the gymnastics centre. Once back, I have stood and done what i hope to be the last of the felting. And now, when I finally get to sit the fuck down, flaming football is on the telly. Early night alert.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:08 pm

Lisa, I can't really say much other than what the other ladies have said. Hope you're all coping ok (although that sounds really daft now i've typed it) xxx

On that front i've been experiencing something really odd these last few months, I get a lot of pain when i'm ovulating. Its got gradually worse since the start of the year, which makes sense as my implant was taken out in november. Anyone else experience this? I'm considering booking an appointment for the doctor as its started quite suddenly and does get fairly painful.
blah blah blah

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:14 am

I get a lot of ovarian pain; I have cysts and have had them rupture. Any unusual pain is well-worth a visit to the doctor; those things should be checked out, if only to set your mind at rest.

More dreadfixing today and my hands already hate me. My painkillers don't make me feel well though so I can only take them once I'm home from work. Shit.

Lovely day again though.

Gracey xx

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:48 am

Thanks for the kind words ladies. I just feel like ive had the wind knocked out of my sails.
Shes recovering well and with a bit of luck she will be out today.
They had to remove 2 pints of blood from her stomach and shes had to have a transfusion because she lost quite alot.
Im just glad shes ok because it could have so easily been worse.

Ive got a busy day ahead, got to go to the MIL's, then visiting sis at hospital, then to work to clean and finally go for a nice meal and the pictures with bri because he goes on his stag do on thursday and wont be back till sunday.
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:56 am

I'm on my way to work, volunteered to start early. I need to ask if I can leave at 5 so I can collect korben from nursery as Richard is ill and probably won't be able to leave the house twice in one day. I don't foresee an issue.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:46 am

I have orange hair. I think this gives me a happy.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:57 am

Lisa what an ordeal for your sister, glad she's on the mend. It's things like that which pin us apart from other parts of the world, where ectopic pregnancy is usually a killer. I am terrified about what is happening to our NHS and what it might mean in situations like that.

Ooh, Mon. What colour did you use?

Gracey xx

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:34 am

Directions mandarin as its all I could get last minute. I'm wanting nalpalm from sfx though :)

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:52 am

Beeunique has Napalm in stock, or she did when I ordered at the weekend. I'm changing mine after this next go, it isn't going to go with my summer skintone. I'm also considering combing out my front dreads and having a fringe.

Gracey xx

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:56 am

Awesome :) I don't know If I like it yet! What colour are you going to go gracey? X

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:39 pm

I'm actually having a breakdown right now. I transferred £200 money from Tom's account into mine to pay bills and then realised I needed more and transferred another £200. The first amount showed up, the second amount has disappeared and not showed up anywhere and now I'm freaking out worried that I set it to a random payee that Tom set up ages ago and we just can't lose that money.

We have the same back and even in the middle of the night we have instant transfer so I feel certain that I'm not expecting it to show up now. Omg what am I going to do?
*Rule Obsessor*

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:25 pm

Vicsarina wrote:I'm actually having a breakdown right now. I transferred £200 money from Tom's account into mine to pay bills and then realised I needed more and transferred another £200. The first amount showed up, the second amount has disappeared and not showed up anywhere and now I'm freaking out worried that I set it to a random payee that Tom set up ages ago and we just can't lose that money.

We have the same back and even in the middle of the night we have instant transfer so I feel certain that I'm not expecting it to show up now. Omg what am I going to do?

I'm sure you already have, but if you haven't give the bank a call. Some banks put limits on the amount of transfers/amount of money/etc per day - so it might just be 'waiting' for authorisation. I've had this issue before with HSBC - all it took was me calling them to say that I was authorising the payment and that it wasn't someone hacking into my account.

If it has gone to the wrong person - you should still be ok to reverse the payment. I hope you get it sorted ok.

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:30 pm

KelsieStars wrote:
Vicsarina wrote:I'm actually having a breakdown right now. I transferred £200 money from Tom's account into mine to pay bills and then realised I needed more and transferred another £200. The first amount showed up, the second amount has disappeared and not showed up anywhere and now I'm freaking out worried that I set it to a random payee that Tom set up ages ago and we just can't lose that money.

I'm sure you already have, but if you haven't give the bank a call. Some banks put limits on the amount of transfers/amount of money/etc per day - so it might just be 'waiting' for authorisation. I've had this issue before with HSBC - all it took was me calling them to say that I was authorising the payment and that it wasn't someone hacking into my account.

If it has gone to the wrong person - you should still be ok to reverse the payment. I hope you get it sorted ok.
I had to wait until Tom got home for him to call the bank and I did accidently manage to send it to a random(but thankfully a business) payee. No, it wasn't waiting authorisation and nope they can't reverse it. Cue me, hysterically crying.

Tom rang the business though and they had noticed the odd payment and are refunding it themselves. I am now going to excuse myself from the finances. That is too big a fuckup for me to continue to fuck things up. Hopefully its going to be a happy ending though. Thanks for responding. I'm just glad this is (sorta) over with now.
*Rule Obsessor*

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:25 pm

I'm thinking a primary yellow, Mon. It's an odd one as yellow has never been in my pallette for anything before. But last time I did my roots, the bleach took the Napalm to bright yellow and I liked it. I already have a tan from the bit of nice weather and I think it will be more flattered by yellow than eye-bleed orange.

In other news, I have built a shed. I feel quite accomplished.

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:21 pm

I'm so tired. The nerve in my leg feels like it's on fire with every step I take and I have another early shift tomorrow. I'm gonna have to start saying no to some of the extra hours, I'm running myself in to the ground. On my feet for 12 hours, including a walk to and from nursery, then to and from Tesco.

Whinge. Whine. Moan.

On the plus side, 2 weeks and I'm on holiday for a week.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:45 am

Oh nice gracey! I considered yellow but defo know i couldn't pull that one off! haha

In similar news, i'm in love with the orange.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:47 am

In the same way I knew I could only do Orange in the cooler months. Orange does make me smile though; how seriously can you take yourself when your hair is this colour?

In other news, my phone is pissing me right off. It constantly shuts down, 'force close' midway through whatever I'm doing. Where is our resident expert when we need her?

Gracey xx

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:13 am

My grandma is 94 today. Holy feck!

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:47 am

Hello ladies. I haven't been online an awful lot lately, because of a rather surprising and upsetting incident last week. Firstly, Lisa, I'm really sorry about your sister, I hope she's feeling better soon, and I'm glad it was caught early enough for something to be done about it. And Kellye, I'm glad both you and the baby are doing well at the moment, and I hope the surgery goes well.
As for me, last Wednesday, I left work early because I was feeling light headed and dizzy, I thought I was coming down with the lurgy, and went home and curled up in bed. On the Thursday, I still thought I had a virus, and stayed at home in bed. But then, on Friday, things took a rather unexpected turn. My period had started on the Thursday, and initially, I just thought I was unlucky enough to be on while I was ill. On Friday however, I started having the most horrendous cramps I've ever felt, I was literally curled up on the sofa crying from the pain, and unable to move. Without going into too many unpalatable details, it turned out I was pregnant and had a miscarriage. I spent last weekend in pain and losing a fair bit of blood. I then went back to work on Monday, where they promptly told me to go home and insisted I go to the doctor to get checked out, and even drove me to the doctor's office.
The doctor did a pregnancy test, and confirmed that it was indeed a miscarriage. They also confirmed that I was feeling exhausted from the blood loss, and my blood pressure was a little low as well, although neither of these was serious enough for me to have to go to hospital, the doctor said I just needed rest.
So I've now had the week off work, and it has been a strange week indeed. Firstly, I'm in shock, as I shouldn't have even been pregnant in the first place, as I have a contraceptive implant in. Ladies, let this be a lesson to you, there is no form of contraception that is 100% effective except for abstinence. Even if a method of contraception is advertised as being 99.9% effective, that still means that 1 out of every 1000 women who uses that method will still get pregnant!
I have also still had the pregnancy hormones running through me, which has made for a very interesting experience! I cried watching Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares the other night! I've also been very weak and tired all the time (the blood loss, I think), so I've been sleeping alot.
However, I think I am now on the way to recovering, and should be ok in a few days, I just need to rest up and relax!
I am also glad that myself and my husband don't actually want children at the moment, because this would have been considerably more traumatic if we were actually trying to have children.
Anyway, I hope all on here are doing well, and the new hair colours sound really fab!
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:07 am

woolhairhabit wrote:In other news, my phone is pissing me right off. It constantly shuts down, 'force close' midway through whatever I'm doing. Where is our resident expert when we need her?
Mine was also doing this recently, so I did a forced upgrade. Its works a treat now and is so much faster than it previously was, might be worth a go? You can check online forums to see how to do this on your phone if your not sure.

Little Wicked, I really feel for you. I had two miscarriages myself and know the toll they can take on your body and your emotions. Take another week off, even if you are feeling better, as you still need to adjust mentally aswell a physically. You need to look after yourself and don't start going down the road of blaming yourself and what ifs. I did that and it almost destroyed me. Hope your feeling better soon x

I have the lurgy today, I've had the last 2 days off with a killer migraine and now my voice has gone and when i try and talk I sound like a man! lol. I;m back at work now though, boo!
Some of my new furniture arrived yesterday, its lovely, although one was damaged in arrival which is ashame, so its going back. Hope everyone else is ok on this lovely sunny day.
http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:34 am

Sorry to everyone who has been having a tough time recently...sending hugs to you all xx

I feel a bit bad saying this now, but I have really good news I just had to share. The results of my Mum's bone scan came back and her cancer hasn't spread beyond her breast-bone. She was really worried it had spread to her hip, which meant it would have gone into her lymph nodes and could then in theory pop up anywhere...but it was all clear! She still has to have chemo obviously, but at least it's still in the same place and hasn't gone any further.
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:01 pm

Recovery hugs mindi.

Great news Liz.

Grace. Have you rebooted it? Ie. Turned it off, removed the battery, put battery back in and turned it back on? That'll reset the memory and should stop the force closes. I have the desire s and mine does it too sometimes. Otherwise, have you checked to see if it needs updating? From the home screen push the second button, the 3 lines one, go to settings, down to about phone and check for updates. If there is an update, install it.

Anything else, drop me a text.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:48 pm

Mindi, wow. That sounds horrible. Rest up, doll.

Liz, that's great news. Don't feel bad about posting it; I reckon nice news like that is just what everyone needs.

For the phone advice girls: thanks. But my head is fuddled. I have no business with a phone as smart as this. Where can I get me a Nokia brick?

Oh, and happy birthday, Amy's gran. x

Gracey xx

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”