THE CHAT THREAD... For all your silly posts and chatter (12)

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
starlight

Re: THE CHAT THREAD... For all your silly posts and chatter

Post by starlight » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Gracey, you can have my hands if you teach them your skills! My boss shut one of his two typing fingers in a van door yesterday so I've been typing a lot of his emails (along with my own computer based work).. I need some variety to keep the RSI away eh?!

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:22 pm

I got confirmation that i'm starting a different campaign next week when this one finishes :-D I can now happily plan redecorating my room and all the awesome things i'm doing this summer!
blah blah blah

Battlesheep

Post by Battlesheep » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:06 pm

Baking a chocolate cake. :D
I like this recipe because it has no oils or animal products, only oil in it is the cocoa butter in the chocolate. It's the second time I make it... hope it's as yummy as the first!
*boing!*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:17 pm

I had salad with my lasagne tonight. Made with carrot, red onion, lettuce & red pepper, it was nice. Richard asked me to eat in the other room because he doesn't like salad & said no & sat right next to him, cos I'm nice like that :P

Oh & my brother has participated in an act of coitus that has created a blastocyst in his *wonderful* girlfriend. :roll:
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:43 pm

You mean she is pregnant, Sarah?

I am finally in from the gymnastics centre. What a day. I am absolutely shot and considering fucking off my workload and going to bed very early. However, if I do that, I will need to do it all after work tomorrow instead.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Yup. She is indeed. They're supposed to be having a church wedding in August this year & she wants a big, expensive wedding (she has no concept of money, just believing it is never ending) I don't want to be all disapproving & whatnot on the internet about it, they're happy about it. So, I guess that's all that counts. Right?
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:17 pm

Aye. That and a bloody big cake.

I am going to step away from the internet because Cleveland is imploding and I think i might be poking it with my stick.

Gracey xx

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:35 pm

Ah, weddings..

That is all I'm going to say.

Things have been interesting today, spoke to my housemate who apparently - as thought, is more than likely moving out soon, seems my landlord is very...hmm, out spoken with her than with me. Pretty much as I thought. Although, I am looking for my own place myself.

Tiring today, spent most of it cleaning and having a friend over. Don't feel like I've relaxed at all, but I have plans for the weekend. I may also start looking into flats - huzzah. Etc.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:37 pm

woolhairhabit wrote: I am going to step away from the internet because Cleveland is imploding and I think i might be poking it with my stick.
Ahahahaahahhaaa.

We're all gonna DDIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:09 am

Morning ladies :D
Derby practise was wicked lastnight, i managed not to fall on my arse (which is a good job because i think ive trapped a nerve some how and its still sore) and i got paired with someone much more equal to me while we did shoulder checks.
My friend nicola discovered last week that she is a natural at it and was paired with someone big and strong who she repeatedly knocked on their arse. I could see the coaches getting really excited watching her :lol: im a very proud friend today.
I didnt do too bad, i managed to not fall over but my shoulder checks are piss-poor so i need to override my natural protective nature- i just dont want to hurt anyone, but i have to so i need to man up!

Whats everyone doing today?
Ive got a meeting for work, more pebble painting and then im NSOing for a practise bout tonight :D
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:56 am

I'm at work today, fixing dreads and no doubt justifying my decision to close, yet again. Then I have more work and a war to wage on the council.

Gracey xx

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:40 am

Give it to them with both barrels gracey!! Its disgusting that they have left something that dangerous sit for so long. Shame on them!
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:27 pm

Evening all. I've been working a bit extra this week, so tired!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:51 pm

I'm doing 42 hours this week. No doubt I'll pay for it. Back to 25 next week though.

I've had an amazing day, got loads of free stuff and scored quite a few contracts. Tired, but rather content.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Eurgh, crappy day, meetings pushed back and there was a shit-ton of stuff I wanted to speak about.

Did come home to a new game however, so I think I'm going to have a shower, get ready for bed and play xbox/watch tv. Night ladies.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:51 pm

I'm doing 45 I think, thank jebus it's the end of the week coming. Been some amazing weather here the last two days, so spring like! :D

Going to shower and chill now, got my lunch all made etc.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:53 pm

I'm not going to add up my hours, it would be depressing. I'm still working now, put it that way. Dreadfix and full extend tomorrow.

I spoke to the council and they are well aware of my wrath. And they will be even moreso if they don't sort it by the end of the week. Twats will still expect my council tax payment tomorrow, however shoddy their service.

I'm going to take a short break for a hot bath, I think. I've had to abandon all hope of getting any 'tics in tonight, too much to do. I'm going to be a totally different person when I start working 25 hours a week. Whatever will I do with myself?

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:02 pm

See, I wanna say "oooh, however will you fill your time?" but I have time management issues sometimes with 25 hour weeks & still struggle to fit everything in!

In other news, Al Murray is touring & I'm off to buy tickets in the morning. :D

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:09 pm

I do 60 hours a week as a norm so 25 sounds like a holiday just now. I'm sure I will aclimatise though, and be moaning about it in due course. In the immediate future, I plan to sort my house out and get fit. In the long-term, I plan to completely overhaul my sorry life.

Naughty Mr Bunny keeps stealing my work materials.

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:34 pm

I've painted my nails. Now I have gooey glittery tips. China glaze is nice, but it's thick and gloopy which I don't really like. I also think my current manicure is going to be hazardous at work, I've chipped polish or bent nails before removing batteries and whatnot.

Still. Looks nice.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Battlesheep

Post by Battlesheep » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:27 am

Hi everyone.

Has anyone ever cut their hair on their own? I mean, I've cut it when it was long and I wasn't afraid so much I'd screw it up, since I could always fix it later, but now that it's a little longer than shoulder length and all uneven I'm more afraid... But I'm more afraid of going to a hairdresser. :?
*boing!*

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:19 am

Sarah, I just saw your manicure on Facebook and I'm envious that you can wear nails that long and still have the use of your hands. Mainly though, I'm jealous that you can get your hand into that position!

I've had a night of daft dreams yet again. I was an onion farmer last night, how crazy is that? And quite a good one, I'll have you know.

Have a great day, everyone.

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:51 am

Did you get the blood tests back yet Grace? I can't imagine how sore your hands must get. Only 3 weeks to go!!

So, I got a text from from Kellye. She and Rosie are at Birmingham hospital, docs are pleased with her progress and should be discharged today depending on results from an ecg and echo. They're gonna monitor her cos she might need surgery later in life.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:17 am

I have to go for xray and another batch of tests, it just has to wait because I'm so damn busy until I close. As well as my established customers, I'm getting an average of four new enquiries per day that I'm just batting off.

I finally downed tools at 10:45 last night and today's job will take at least 8 hours. My main problem is that ibuprofen and codeine make me vomit, leaving me with paracetamol and ibuprofen gel which does little to help. I just have to cope for now but I'm counting down the days. I start at the hairshop on April 16th so I have ten glorious days of no work.

Pass on my love to Kellye, I can't wait to have her back.

Gracey xx

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 am

Glad to hear Kellye and Rosie are doing well.

Went to see my Mum yesterday as I wanted to squeeze in a bit of Scarlet and Grandparents time before Monday. Mum's having to start chemo again...the cancer has now spread to her lymph nodes, which means she has some in her shoulder now and maybe her hip (we're awaiting a scan next week to confirm or deny). It's so fucking scary. It's always been in the one place and she's always managed so well...I know it will be the end of her one day, but it always seemed so far away because of how strong she is. The chemo she's starting has only just been cleared for NHS use and she is in fact the first person EVER to have it on the NHS...this is good, as they've had some fantastic results in trials with it. Her oncologist has managed to do some creative paperwork to score her the treatment.

I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard sometimes.
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”