THE CHAT THREAD... For all your silly posts and chatter (12)

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
ShadowThrone

Re: THE CHAT THREAD... For all your silly posts and chatter

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:18 am

DreadstarMonstar wrote:Yussss. I find the first warm up & the leg stretches - you know the ones before the lower back stretch. They work wonders :D
Tried it last night, I think it did some good, considering during the first try, my lower back was so tensed up it wouldn't touch the floor!

Morning all. Back still hurts and now I am sneezing with a sore throat haha. Ahh well at least I get to stay indoors snuggled up all day.

thecutealternative

Post by thecutealternative » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:11 am

Morning all.

Im knackered but have work to do so have to live with it for now lol.

Has anyone had any glimpses of the northern lights in the uk? There has been sightings due to the solar activity changing. Just wondered if anyone further north has seen anything? Im fascinated by them.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:30 am

My friend in Scarborough took photos that have been picked up in the national media, I will post them later.

I'm in the quack's, awaiting the ominous sound of my own name. How come hearing your full name is never good?
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:31 am

I was looking out for them, not a very clear night here though, too much cloud I think. Would be amazing to see something though! I think tonight is a possibility too :D damn I just remembered, when I was walking home on Sunday night, it was very cloudy, but I could see green light in the sky, I tried to take a picture but it wouldn't come out properly. Maybe I caught a glimpse then!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:34 pm

You could see em as far as the midlands. I couldn't see any, but a friend saw them from saltburn.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

thecutealternative

Post by thecutealternative » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:51 pm

Grace - Wow, that's great for your friend! Hope your appointment went ok! I had one today too, but nothing so scary sounding fortunately.

I am going to keep a eye out and maybe take a little trip up to the top of the local hill while the boys are at football tonight to see if I can see anything. Probably not likely but worth a try!

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Somehow missed your comment Gracey, would love to see the pics!

My OH has been working early mornings this week, so we've been going to bed quite early, hope that doesn't mean I'll miss anything! Still looks quite cloudy right now. The sun is going down but it's the lightest it's been all day :?

I'm going to try and stretch my back out a bit now. I think it's feeling better, but still twinging. That's what I get for being more active :lol:

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Aah, work is done for the day. I should have done enough to appease the powers that be. Time for home, may have to lush bath it tonight. My feet hurt a little and I'm pretty sure my brain has gone on holiday and not told me. Wooo!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:28 pm

Heya girls, so damn tired. Really been working hard at the gym past few days. today is now spent doing my nails and hair. hmm :D

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:03 pm

I have to drink tea cos I forgot to buy more coffee. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa boo :(

I also waved my last remaining scruples out the door earlier today. Bleh. Sales sometimes really annoys me.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

darklove

Post by darklove » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:28 pm

i should really buy some tea as i drink far to much coffee and for some unknow reason i allways like ice coffee more then hot coffe even if they taste the same

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:39 pm

Stupid missy fell down some stairs earlier. Yeah my day has been awesome. Nothing broken, slipped down half a flight of stairs at home and hurt my back. I shall be spending the next couple of days resting as much as possible in preparation for this weekend. Codeine AHOY!
blah blah blah

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:50 pm

Grump. Going to bed will probably wake Richard, he went to bed over an hour ago but whenever he goes to bed before me he wakes when I go. I snore due to my fucked up septum and if he's awake when I fall asleep he finds it harder to fall asleep. Rage. He should sleep as well as I do and all'd be fine.

I'm gonna have to go to bed soon.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:28 am

Morning all. I have caught Elfin's lurgy, which was inevitable. Especially as I'm working the rest of the week; I actually couldn't feel less like it today.

Coil appointment was a failure yesterday too. They couldn't do it so I'm back on the fricking mini-pill until they can try again.

Fed-up Gracey is properly fed-up.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:08 am

I'm still ill too, not as bad as I was 3 weeks ago, but still coughing, sneezing etc. Korben has spent the night coughing, although he slept through it, he's supposed to be at nursery today but I don't think they'd approve of me taking him in. I'm gonna ring them.

Got some shizz to do before work.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:44 pm

I am convinced phone repair people just say "it's been dropped and it's not covered by your warranty" so they don't ever have to actually fix a phone ever. I can with 100% confidence state that my phone was not dropped or crushed and one day it was charging and the next it wasn't, but nope. I've had to make an insurance claim and I'm paying £25 excess for that, and £20 for the pleasure of them not fixing my fucking phone.

thecutealternative

Post by thecutealternative » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:44 pm

Afternoon,

Seems to be a fair amount of lurgy going about atm. Im trying to keep away from it all. My OH's boys half brother has got chicken pox and my nan has got shingles so I am having to avoid them both. It's not so bad though as I am too tired to be bothered really.

It's taking me about three times as long to make dreads atm. I just want to sleep.

Oh, and I didn't see the northern lights, fell asleep on the sofa :roll:

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:20 pm

I didn't see anything either Kellye :(

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Evening all. The internet seems to have died a death recently. So many people clearly off doing real life things. I too am guilty, all I seem to be able to find time for at the minute is work and sleep. I have a 3 day weekend coming though so I should be able to catch up with non work related dealings, or sleep.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:11 pm

It has been very quiet around here...I have spent the last two days doing very little on account of my dodgy back! It seems to be on the mend now though :D scuppered my plans to have a really good week weightloss/workout wise though, that and my OH brought back a big box of sweets from Berlin :lol:

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:04 pm

I'm watching Obese: A Year To Save My Life and the woman on it has lost 8 stone so far, and looks amazing. Still a fat bird, but wow. What a difference.

Eta. She lost over 10 stone in a year.
Last edited by MrsEss on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:15 pm

That show sounds interesting, alas I cannot watch it, I should be on it maybe? :P

Think I'm going to have an early night, been getting up at 6:30 when my OH gets up, what the hell is wrong with me?!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:30 pm

Yeah, but your start weight wad this lady's end weight. She weighed 27st and lost 10 over a year. I normally hate fat fighter programmes because I cannot understand how people get to 30 odd stone, but aside from drowning my biggest fear is being fat. Fear is a good motivator I've found. Plus, mother and nana are both diabetic. Staying within a healthy BMI is a necessity for me.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:34 pm

Ahh fair enough. I know what you mean, I always had a certain level of denial, which I'm sure they do too, but still, I wasn't 30 stone, thankfully, I'm not sure how you can deny that one! I now have an irrational fear of putting on weight within minutes of eating something 'bad' :lol:

Speaking of which, I am 'making' my OH finish that box of sweets tonight, bless him. I'm fine all day, then I raided them this evening!

I'm still awake. Might just take the laptop to bed.

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:49 am

Heya all. My plans of working out today have been stopped due to pushing it too hard on Tuesday and now it still hurts to walk. Ahwell these next three days consist of much walking, so I'm hoping that makes up for it as it's been a bit of a slow start on losing weight. Ahwell, slow and steady wins the race I guess!
On a different note, meg is actually getting into my bed today. This is a very good day.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”