THE CHAT THREAD... For all your silly posts and chatter (12)

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Gracey

Re: THE CHAT THREAD... For all your silly posts and chatter

Post by Gracey » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:53 pm

I'm not going to add up my hours, it would be depressing. I'm still working now, put it that way. Dreadfix and full extend tomorrow.

I spoke to the council and they are well aware of my wrath. And they will be even moreso if they don't sort it by the end of the week. Twats will still expect my council tax payment tomorrow, however shoddy their service.

I'm going to take a short break for a hot bath, I think. I've had to abandon all hope of getting any 'tics in tonight, too much to do. I'm going to be a totally different person when I start working 25 hours a week. Whatever will I do with myself?
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:02 pm

See, I wanna say "oooh, however will you fill your time?" but I have time management issues sometimes with 25 hour weeks & still struggle to fit everything in!

In other news, Al Murray is touring & I'm off to buy tickets in the morning. :D
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:09 pm

I do 60 hours a week as a norm so 25 sounds like a holiday just now. I'm sure I will aclimatise though, and be moaning about it in due course. In the immediate future, I plan to sort my house out and get fit. In the long-term, I plan to completely overhaul my sorry life.

Naughty Mr Bunny keeps stealing my work materials.

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:34 pm

I've painted my nails. Now I have gooey glittery tips. China glaze is nice, but it's thick and gloopy which I don't really like. I also think my current manicure is going to be hazardous at work, I've chipped polish or bent nails before removing batteries and whatnot.

Still. Looks nice.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Battlesheep

Post by Battlesheep » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:27 am

Hi everyone.

Has anyone ever cut their hair on their own? I mean, I've cut it when it was long and I wasn't afraid so much I'd screw it up, since I could always fix it later, but now that it's a little longer than shoulder length and all uneven I'm more afraid... But I'm more afraid of going to a hairdresser. :?
*boing!*

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:19 am

Sarah, I just saw your manicure on Facebook and I'm envious that you can wear nails that long and still have the use of your hands. Mainly though, I'm jealous that you can get your hand into that position!

I've had a night of daft dreams yet again. I was an onion farmer last night, how crazy is that? And quite a good one, I'll have you know.

Have a great day, everyone.

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:51 am

Did you get the blood tests back yet Grace? I can't imagine how sore your hands must get. Only 3 weeks to go!!

So, I got a text from from Kellye. She and Rosie are at Birmingham hospital, docs are pleased with her progress and should be discharged today depending on results from an ecg and echo. They're gonna monitor her cos she might need surgery later in life.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:17 am

I have to go for xray and another batch of tests, it just has to wait because I'm so damn busy until I close. As well as my established customers, I'm getting an average of four new enquiries per day that I'm just batting off.

I finally downed tools at 10:45 last night and today's job will take at least 8 hours. My main problem is that ibuprofen and codeine make me vomit, leaving me with paracetamol and ibuprofen gel which does little to help. I just have to cope for now but I'm counting down the days. I start at the hairshop on April 16th so I have ten glorious days of no work.

Pass on my love to Kellye, I can't wait to have her back.

Gracey xx

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 am

Glad to hear Kellye and Rosie are doing well.

Went to see my Mum yesterday as I wanted to squeeze in a bit of Scarlet and Grandparents time before Monday. Mum's having to start chemo again...the cancer has now spread to her lymph nodes, which means she has some in her shoulder now and maybe her hip (we're awaiting a scan next week to confirm or deny). It's so fucking scary. It's always been in the one place and she's always managed so well...I know it will be the end of her one day, but it always seemed so far away because of how strong she is. The chemo she's starting has only just been cleared for NHS use and she is in fact the first person EVER to have it on the NHS...this is good, as they've had some fantastic results in trials with it. Her oncologist has managed to do some creative paperwork to score her the treatment.

I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard sometimes.
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Oh liz, that's awful. It puts my little worries right in their box. I can't imagine having to face my Mum being ill, I hope you are ok.

A little glimmer of niceness for me today; my customer had nobody picking up her son so the massive job has been split into two shorter sessions, to be finished on Monday. She also brought me a lovely card and fluffy snood as a gift.

Gracey xx

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Best wishes for your mum, Liz. That must be so scary I can't even imagine it.

Today I had a 5.30am wake up and next door decided to have a party in the garden at about 3.00am. That, coupled with taking ages to drop off to sleep, means I just managed a 7-4 shift on about four hours sleep. I should get a medal.

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:49 pm

ScarletLady wrote:Glad to hear Kellye and Rosie are doing well.

Went to see my Mum yesterday as I wanted to squeeze in a bit of Scarlet and Grandparents time before Monday. Mum's having to start chemo again...the cancer has now spread to her lymph nodes, which means she has some in her shoulder now and maybe her hip (we're awaiting a scan next week to confirm or deny). It's so fucking scary. It's always been in the one place and she's always managed so well...I know it will be the end of her one day, but it always seemed so far away because of how strong she is. The chemo she's starting has only just been cleared for NHS use and she is in fact the first person EVER to have it on the NHS...this is good, as they've had some fantastic results in trials with it. Her oncologist has managed to do some creative paperwork to score her the treatment.

I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard sometimes.
Oh hun, I am very sorry to hear about this. Best wishes to you and your mummy, keep us lot updated. :)

This reminds me of speaking to my mum last night, we spoke about my birth mum and my mum's mum passing away a few years ago, I've bought some goodies to make sure she has a nice mother's day whilst I'm away and have asked my mum to lay some flowers at my birth mums tree (she was cremated) for me. I worry about her whilst I'm away, I don't get the time to talk to her often enough!

Work = fine, house = fine, looking at flats properly now and going to start asking to look round them for April, could be interesting, see how it goes.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:33 pm

I hope she is ok Liz, it's good news she is getting that treatment.

The weeks are just flying by at the moment, it's weird.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:37 pm

That's working life for you, Amy.

What is all this nonsense about Steak and Blow-job day yesterday? I've never heard such nonsense. Are the menfolk really that peeved about Mother's Day? In any case, I'm a vegetarian.

Gracey xx

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:49 pm

True :lol: I'd forgotten what it was like.
woolhairhabit wrote:That's working life for you, Amy.

What is all this nonsense about Steak and Blow-job day yesterday? I've never heard such nonsense. Are the menfolk really that peeved about Mother's Day? In any case, I'm a vegetarian.
I don't know, was it a facebook invention?! Either way, we had mackerel. Not a euphemism! :P

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Nah, it's to do with Valentines Day being mostly for women (apparently) so someone invited steak and a blowjob day to be a month later. The bloke eats the steak and gets the BJ so you would be ok if veggie ;)

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:07 pm

The funny thing is, I actually cooked him steak yesterday. Poor sod must have thought he was on a promise. Any suggestion of repayment for Valentine's sees me well and truly vindicated anyway. Maybe that will teach him.

Gracey xx

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:13 pm

I firmly believe that if we women are going to be obliged to uphold steak & blow job day for our menfolk, then there should be a day for us called 'shoes & cake (or ice cream/chocolate/fill in your own here) day'. Until they invent this, I refuse to participate in steak & blow job day.
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:22 pm

We don't do valentines, so would never do steak & BJ day. However, if they ever make cards for it, I'd be inclined to buy one!!

Currently, Korben is shouting BABY at the TV.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Little Wicked wrote:I firmly believe that if we women are going to be obliged to uphold steak & blow job day for our menfolk, then there should be a day for us called 'shoes & cake (or ice cream/chocolate/fill in your own here) day'. Until they invent this, I refuse to participate in steak & blow job day.
Mac makeup and gears of war day. Oh wait......This is every day for me!

So i get paid for the first time in 2 years in 11 days and i'm already spending it. Most of it is going on birthday presents, board for mother and bills. Does this mean i'm allowed to buy a religion bag and some new makeup in preparation for my upcoming new hair colour??
blah blah blah

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:27 pm

foximusprime wrote:So i get paid for the first time in 2 years in 11 days and i'm already spending it. Most of it is going on birthday presents, board for mother and bills. Does this mean i'm allowed to buy a religion bag and some new makeup in preparation for my upcoming new hair colour??
Absolutely! How much you are allowed to spend on yourself on payday guilt free is directly proportional to how much of your paycheck is being spent on other people or on bills.
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:35 pm

ShadowThrone wrote: Either way, we had mackerel. Not a euphemism! :P
This actually made me nearly spray drink all over the laptop :lol:

Thanks for the kind words ladies, it means a lot.

Masterchef final tonight!
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Glad to hear it made someone laugh, I couldn't resist :lol:

I already spent most of my pay and it's 2 weeks until the next, ahhh well. No spending until then, ahem.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:51 pm

I need to pay my rent & then I'll be out of coin. All Saints text me too to tell me the top I want is back in stock ¬_¬

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

starlight

Post by starlight » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:58 pm

My last pay was a total lost cause, I hate to think what my bank account looks like right now =/ Is there a way of banning myself from browsing websites which sell things until payday?!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”