THE CHAT THREAD... For all your silly posts and chatter (12)

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
ScarletLady

Re: THE CHAT THREAD... For all your silly posts and chatter

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm catching up on some Masterchef whilst Dan has gone to see a man about a dog.

I'm also supping a Scrumpy Jack and feeling a little tiddly :oops:
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:56 pm

My mission this year is to stay sober. I'm doing well so far, I might have a drink on my 30th but that is it. No drunkeness. No siree. I also have a mission to learn how to felt fabric, I know how as I've made some samples but I need to master it. I will do it. Damnit.

I'm up to date with Masterchef. I might have a big gay bath before bed. Newcastle tomorrow. Oooh yeah ;)
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:58 pm

I rarely have a drink these days...this is a bit of a one off.

My Mum gave me a book on felting...do you want it? I doubt I'll get a chance to use it. I know you can get all info online but it's a nice book, I'll dig it out if you want it.

* Queen of Tangents*

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:07 pm

I was considering having a beer actually :lol: definitely over getting shitfaced though. Too old to deal with feeling like death!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm

ScarletLady wrote:I rarely have a drink these days...this is a bit of a one off.

My Mum gave me a book on felting...do you want it? I doubt I'll get a chance to use it. I know you can get all info online but it's a nice book, I'll dig it out if you want it.

Oooh, that would be super. BTW, haven't had chance to post those tops for Scarlet to you yet. Time is precious & I don't seem to have enough of it recently. :/
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:19 pm

thecutealternative wrote:Trippytroll - there is just something so cosy and comforting about them isn't there? It's great too because I don't have to clean it in the morning cos I'm too pregnant to bend down haha!
yes i totally agree with that, even though we moved from a 1 bed flat 5 of us in there where the fire was to a 3 bed house i still miss the fire so much, i used to love lying a rug on the floor and a massive pillow and just lying there reading it was gert lush id spend hours in fron tof it, i miss it so much and i actuually used to really love cleaning it out aswell dunno why lol
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:23 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:
ScarletLady wrote:I rarely have a drink these days...this is a bit of a one off.

Oooh, that would be super. BTW, haven't had chance to post those tops for Scarlet to you yet. Time is precious & I don't seem to have enough of it recently. :/
Oh don't worry, I'd forgotten all about them.

I'm not sure where the book is, I'll have a scout about tomorrow. It's not massive so will only be cheap to post, I'll try and get it out to you soon.

* Queen of Tangents*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:37 pm

Awesome. I shall dig for those teeshirts out for you. x

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:45 am

Morning lovely ladies :D
Thanks for all the compliments on my cakes, i was really proud of them and they went down a treat at the party.

I have a question, im in a battle of the bands next week but none of the other band members really want to do it. Theu are only really doing it because i want to. Lastnight was heat 2 and for the second heat running there has been joint winners. There has been uproar about it on facebook because one of the bands that won played a much longer set than all the other bands and they even had the battle organiser up on stage to sing in one of their songs.
Tell me, does this sound dodgy to you? Would you still want to take part if it were you?
I was thinking of pulling out anyway because of the lads but this makes me want to even more.
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:52 am

It sounds as fixed to me as we have come to expect from talent searches, Lisa. It's up to you of course, but I don't think I'd continue with it; it doesn't even sound like they want people to think it's objective.

Well, here I am in Whitby. Blue skies and sunshine, which is what i was hoping for. Elfin has gone for a walk on the beach with my sister and her dog, and everyone else is still sleeping. I'm going to the wool shop in a bit, then we have a fun-filled day of friends and family before we go and watch my cousin in panto this evening.

once I wake myself up properly, that is; I slept on a bottom bunk last night and I have woken with sore armpits from too many press-ups yesterday. Erm, ouch.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:01 am

lisa its not suprising those cakes went down a treat, how could they have not lol

yeh it does sound like a fix to me the battlle of the bands, if it something you really want to do, then carry on,but if its making you uncomfortable dont, did you speak to the organisers about the longer set and that person singing with them?
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:48 am

Theres loads of stuff about it on facebook with people kicking off. The organiser said that the results had already been decided before she got on stage with the last band, and they played a longer set because they did an encore-as they were the last band on. If it had been a normal gig then encores are expected, but at a battle i think its highly unfair because they get double the time to impress people and showcase their skills. Im my opinion it should be very strict and rigid in order to avoid accusations of fixing and favouritism.
I dont know, my OH is sure that when the other lads in the band hear about this they will be even less keen so i dont think its worth it.
I only wanted to do it because i thought it would get our name about and possibly get more gigs from it. I didnt actually think we would get anywhere in it- because we are essentially a cover band and these things are designed with original bands in mind.

Yeah your in whitby gracey! Your orange presence has been felt in guisborough :lol:
Im at work about to embark on a litterpicking mission!
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:53 am

I agree. Talent comps are fixed and can cause a lot if distress to those innocents that join with hope and happiness. I've seen it before, it is not nice.

Well, I'm up, dressed and ready to go see Dani, although I'm not leaving until after lunch. Haha.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 pm

Bloody hell it's snowing like mad out there! Just went to look for a Winter jacket as the sales seem to be wrapping up a bit, managed to get a padded one for around a tenner down from fifty :D it's actually pretty flattering, and very warm! So I'm happy about that. Just settling down with some coffee before I get on with some housework. Think I'll stay in tonight, watch films and eat some ice cream :D eta, how many 'somes' can I fit into that post :lol: my english is getting all funny!

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Hey ladies, god I felt awful three hours ago.

Night wasn't as good as I'd hoped, the friend who had the party ditched quite a few of us during the night - to be expected and I ended up waiting nearly 2 hours for food to arrive.

Morning and that was nice though and my parents bought me a maccie ds to get rid of my hangover, yippeee. Now to take it easy.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm sat on the train going home from spending a really nice afternoon in Newcastle. I'll have to make this trip a bit more often. Fun times.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm currently watching Clueless and will crack out some ice cream in a bit :D

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Dani suggested I watch Lost Girl as the outfits in it are amazing. I'm gonna peruse syfy & see if I can find it on OnDemand

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:52 pm

Lost girl is amaaazing kenzi is just so cool! And yeah the outfits do rock!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleFusion
Bubble Fusion has an etsy!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Travelling makes me sleepy.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:00 am

Urgh im so tired that ive got a banging headache :(
Apparently gigging all weekend, as well as working full days outside in the cold, is not great for the auld body. I feel like ive had the shit kicked out of me!

No opportunity for rest either because im at a chainsaw course for the next fortnight, starting on monday. But on the up side, i will be able to chop down trees and the uniform i have to wear while doing this is perfect for the zombie apocalypse! The jacket, trousers, gloves and boots are all thickly padded and laced with metal - just what you need to stop the jaws of the undead from infecting you! I even get a helmet with a visor and ear defenders so the only area that is vunerable to attack is my neck but i can think of loads of ways to fix that.

Can you tell ive thought about this before? :lol:

Well, better get ready for work. Have a great day everyone!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:31 am

Lisa, you probably have one of the most awesome jobs ever. I have to go on training next week, it's no where near as good as chainsaw training.

Today my intentions are to not leave the sofa, or at the very least the house.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:38 am

Chainsaw training does sound pretty cool :lol:

I'm going sledding again today. It's a gorgeous sunny day out there!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:01 am

Sunny & windy here.

So far mission do nothing has been a success.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:05 am

Nothing like a good old lazy day :D don't think I'll stay out too long, just a couple of hours and I'll come home and relax before Geir gets home with tales of Berlin, and a present I hope!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”