THE CHAT THREAD... For all your silly posts and chatter (12)

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
MrsEss

Re: THE CHAT THREAD... For all your silly posts and chatter

Post by MrsEss » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:12 pm

I got a flyer from work :D The assistant manager thought it was shocking that I was at work on mother's day so sent me home at 2pm.

It only took the builders 2 hours to remove the bathroom. I've taken some pics & will soon be adding them to facebook.

Korben made me a hand print thing at nursery, a card and baked a cupcake! (he ate the cupcake) and Richard bought me about 6 bars of fry's turkish delight. Seth is at my mum's, normally she buys him a card to give to me.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:18 pm

Some people in my family really do make me cherish my mam more!
blah blah blah

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:37 pm

I'm annoyed and disappointed and not surprised all in one.

I've ranted about it on twitter, but I don't feel any better. If I thought saying something would make a difference, I would but it won't, so I can't be arsed. I'm used to the bullshit, but it still surprises me.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:14 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:I'm annoyed and disappointed and not surprised all in one.

I've ranted about it on twitter, but I don't feel any better. If I thought saying something would make a difference, I would but it won't, so I can't be arsed. I'm used to the bullshit, but it still surprises me.
Oh come on, I'm so interested right now. :lol:

Anyway, I do hope you're ok, that doesn't sound good at all.

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:26 pm

Hope you all had a great day today mammys :D
I wish i could say ive had a great day but alas it has been anything but.

Today i have been faced with the feral underbelly of society, ive had more abuse hurled at me today than i ever have before in my life. And all this while i was TRYING to do my job of keeping people safe and happy in a clean and beautiful park. I wont go into specifics but i shall summerise it so that you can get the jist of the chew i have had to deal with today. It all went down hill after a gang of kids were sent over to me BY THEIR PARENTS to call me a.....
(sorry for using this horrible word) C**T. The parents then howled and found this totally hilarious. All this while i had to remain polite and respectful. Im proud to say that i did just that but it was mentally taxing.
I was called many horrible names today but my day is now fixed and my faith in humanity has been fully restored by the site of my OH and our two nephews painting the fence. The house is also SPOTLESS!

All is right with the world again :lol: i think i have earned myself a bag of jelly babies!
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Lisa, doll. Those are not parents. Or at least they should be allowed to be parents.

Steph, if you really wanna know I shall DM you. It's a bit too angsty for the chat thread AND I think I'm being totally selfish, but damnit! I think I'm fucking entitled to be!!

Failing that.....if no one has any objections, I'll spill "all" on here & tell you why I'm annoyed.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:36 pm

I've sent you a FB message.

:)

Ah, so is it ok to start a thread about moving house? Would it be better to put stuff here?

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Well, I'm feeling nosy Sarah. If the chat thread is not a virtual brew and a natter with your mates, I have gravely misunderstood and will cease to post here.

Lisa that sounds awful. Well done for not drop-kicking the little twats.

Meanwhile, I have the traditional ironing mountain to tackle but I do believe my ovary is attempting to jump ship. Ouch.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Thats disgusting and shows what kind of society we're living in today. There is no respect for anything anymore and children are being raised without any morals. (When I say raised, obviously it seems the case these days to leave most kids to.fend for themselves and kick them out on the street to play for endless.hours). It so makes me what to emmigrate!!

I could rant about that kind of thing all day so I'll stop there. Just ordered chinese, its been a while. Happy Mothers day all. Hope u've been spoilt rotten :D
http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Right-o. Get ready for me to unload on to you all!

Ahem, copied from the chat I'm having with Steph:

It's incredibly selfish of me, I guess but nonetheless I'm irked. OK, so. Older sibling & I have always joked on that younger sibling would not do as well as us in later life. Out of the 3 of us, older sibling is doing the best,.....anyhoo
Mother's OH dropped Seth off home earlier & was telling us about younger sibling
Him & his Mrs have a kid & are now having another
his Mrs is planning "the wedding of the century"
despite being up the duff. I find this hilarious as she wants a church wedding & the date planned means she'll be 7 months pg
Mother's OH reckons she's just trying to "out do" everyone. @_@
what she doesn't realise is no one else gives a fuck AND they don't have 10k spare for a wedding.

Anyway....
Mother keeps lending younger brother moeny, as does my nana
My nana is in her 80's & forgets that she has lent people money, so he never pays her back
Mother is low on cash too, as her OH is self emplyed & has no work atm
BUT this hasn't stopped her lending him money
He (younger brother) seems to get priority with mother & has done for years
Her OH has told her to stop lending my brother money
So, the reason I'm annoyed (& selfishly so)
is because I'm 30 in a fortnight & at this rate I can see me getting nothing from my mother for it.
it's happened before, so I shouldn't be surprised I guess. But is still sucks.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:16 pm

evening all
hope everyone is ok
hope things are ok with your mom liz ((((hugs))))
woolhairhabit wrote:I just had a freaky few minutes where the forum wasn't available.
gracey i am getting this all the time and its frustrating me now!! i havent been able to post on here properly for ages, as i come on and it says its not available, or i start looking at things maybe post something and go to submit and it goes to either a blank page or telling page no longer there, ive had this issue with only this site for a while now and its driving me insane!! tonight its working ok at the mo as ive managed to have a little browse without it screwing up, but i miss not coming on everyday and checking how everyone is, i dunno what the problem is, maybe my computer doesnt like the sire :cry:
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:54 am

It takes me back to when the other versions of the forum died, its not pleasant.

Lovely sunny day here, off to work to finish the extenders job from Thursday.

Gracey xx

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:31 am

Long shot yes but is anyone in Slough and fancies keeping me company before my train at 11.40? I feel kind of bad sitting in Starbucks trying to make my coffee go as long as possible just so I can keep hogging the wifi.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:39 am

I'm not in Slough but I am in work, awaiting my customer. Will that do?

Gracey xx

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:03 am

Of course! It's kind of my fault I've got so long to wait, my friend had to go to work at 7.30am and I booked a train later in the day because it was £6 instead of like £25. But still, sitting around is no fun.

All this coffee is making me feel funny. Next drink'll be a juice I think.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:08 am

Morning all. Called in sick today, thought I needed one more day to recover, I am feeling better now. My head bloody hurts where I whacked it though! :( at least I'm eating ok now, even if it's just a little for now.

Beautiful sunny day here though. I've just been watching supersize vs superskinny, someone had cream on cereal at 2am?!

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:35 am

Just had a read back through, glad you're feeling better Amy! That sounds absolutely vile what you've had, touchwood we've all been okay here recently, hopefully it'll stay that way!

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:06 am

It was horrific, most ill I've felt in a long time! Seems to be ok now apart from still feeling a bit weak. On the plus side, I was bloated all last week and my stomach is really flat now :lol:

Hmmm what colour to paint my nails...I think I need more nail polishes!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Glad you are feeling a bit better Amy S Throne. You are probably wise to have taken an extra day.

Amy Bomber, my customer arrived, sorry to have abandoned you and your wait.

I have had a breakthrough with the council, who are apparently now doing physical contortions of the back bend variety because I am so fucking right. Shouty phonecalls do the trick.

Gracey xx

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Shouty phone calls are always good...

I quite like snotty letters as a form of attack as well. I write damned good ones :lol:
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:56 pm

I do enjoy being very articulate. It's always good when the authority figure is actually stuttering and squirming. The other thing I love is knowing they don't have a clue the person belittling them has metal in their face and hair the colour of Lucozade. If they are feeling uncomfortable on the phone, what would they be doing if I was wagging my finger in their face?

Gracey xx

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:58 pm

:lol:

I do find it amusing also. Having spent years in offices, on the phone etc, I do like using those skills to sort things out. I can't imagine how pants it must be to have to just put up with substandard service, and clerical mistakes.

My bank randomly took a load of money off me for no reason once...one phone call and I had it back in 15 minutes 8-)

* Queen of Tangents*

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:59 pm

My mother was always on at the council about one thing or the other, sometimes I'd sit at the top of the stairs and piss myself at the phonecalls, stuff like 'well I'll be getting in touch with my MP!' and whatnot :lol:

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:02 pm

My personal favourite from today was, 'If this is not dealt with immediately (and I do mean immediately), I will be phoning the Manchester Evening News and becoming very loud. Log that.'

Gracey xx

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Aaah threatening with the papers is always good. My Dad's a journalist so I've pulled that one before (even though he writes about computers so would be totally useless unless I was complaining about that).

I remember when we had the explosion, I used the threat of papers to get us housed after being fucked about the council and their "intentionally homeless" malarkey :twisted:

* Queen of Tangents*

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”