THE CHAT THREAD... For all your silly posts and chatter (12)

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
MrsEss

Re: THE CHAT THREAD... For all your silly posts and chatter

Post by MrsEss » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Right-o. Get ready for me to unload on to you all!

Ahem, copied from the chat I'm having with Steph:

It's incredibly selfish of me, I guess but nonetheless I'm irked. OK, so. Older sibling & I have always joked on that younger sibling would not do as well as us in later life. Out of the 3 of us, older sibling is doing the best,.....anyhoo
Mother's OH dropped Seth off home earlier & was telling us about younger sibling
Him & his Mrs have a kid & are now having another
his Mrs is planning "the wedding of the century"
despite being up the duff. I find this hilarious as she wants a church wedding & the date planned means she'll be 7 months pg
Mother's OH reckons she's just trying to "out do" everyone. @_@
what she doesn't realise is no one else gives a fuck AND they don't have 10k spare for a wedding.

Anyway....
Mother keeps lending younger brother moeny, as does my nana
My nana is in her 80's & forgets that she has lent people money, so he never pays her back
Mother is low on cash too, as her OH is self emplyed & has no work atm
BUT this hasn't stopped her lending him money
He (younger brother) seems to get priority with mother & has done for years
Her OH has told her to stop lending my brother money
So, the reason I'm annoyed (& selfishly so)
is because I'm 30 in a fortnight & at this rate I can see me getting nothing from my mother for it.
it's happened before, so I shouldn't be surprised I guess. But is still sucks.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:16 pm

evening all
hope everyone is ok
hope things are ok with your mom liz ((((hugs))))
woolhairhabit wrote:I just had a freaky few minutes where the forum wasn't available.
gracey i am getting this all the time and its frustrating me now!! i havent been able to post on here properly for ages, as i come on and it says its not available, or i start looking at things maybe post something and go to submit and it goes to either a blank page or telling page no longer there, ive had this issue with only this site for a while now and its driving me insane!! tonight its working ok at the mo as ive managed to have a little browse without it screwing up, but i miss not coming on everyday and checking how everyone is, i dunno what the problem is, maybe my computer doesnt like the sire :cry:
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:54 am

It takes me back to when the other versions of the forum died, its not pleasant.

Lovely sunny day here, off to work to finish the extenders job from Thursday.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:31 am

Long shot yes but is anyone in Slough and fancies keeping me company before my train at 11.40? I feel kind of bad sitting in Starbucks trying to make my coffee go as long as possible just so I can keep hogging the wifi.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:39 am

I'm not in Slough but I am in work, awaiting my customer. Will that do?

Gracey xx

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:03 am

Of course! It's kind of my fault I've got so long to wait, my friend had to go to work at 7.30am and I booked a train later in the day because it was £6 instead of like £25. But still, sitting around is no fun.

All this coffee is making me feel funny. Next drink'll be a juice I think.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:08 am

Morning all. Called in sick today, thought I needed one more day to recover, I am feeling better now. My head bloody hurts where I whacked it though! :( at least I'm eating ok now, even if it's just a little for now.

Beautiful sunny day here though. I've just been watching supersize vs superskinny, someone had cream on cereal at 2am?!

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:35 am

Just had a read back through, glad you're feeling better Amy! That sounds absolutely vile what you've had, touchwood we've all been okay here recently, hopefully it'll stay that way!

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:06 am

It was horrific, most ill I've felt in a long time! Seems to be ok now apart from still feeling a bit weak. On the plus side, I was bloated all last week and my stomach is really flat now :lol:

Hmmm what colour to paint my nails...I think I need more nail polishes!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Glad you are feeling a bit better Amy S Throne. You are probably wise to have taken an extra day.

Amy Bomber, my customer arrived, sorry to have abandoned you and your wait.

I have had a breakthrough with the council, who are apparently now doing physical contortions of the back bend variety because I am so fucking right. Shouty phonecalls do the trick.

Gracey xx

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Shouty phone calls are always good...

I quite like snotty letters as a form of attack as well. I write damned good ones :lol:
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:56 pm

I do enjoy being very articulate. It's always good when the authority figure is actually stuttering and squirming. The other thing I love is knowing they don't have a clue the person belittling them has metal in their face and hair the colour of Lucozade. If they are feeling uncomfortable on the phone, what would they be doing if I was wagging my finger in their face?

Gracey xx

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:58 pm

:lol:

I do find it amusing also. Having spent years in offices, on the phone etc, I do like using those skills to sort things out. I can't imagine how pants it must be to have to just put up with substandard service, and clerical mistakes.

My bank randomly took a load of money off me for no reason once...one phone call and I had it back in 15 minutes 8-)

* Queen of Tangents*

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:59 pm

My mother was always on at the council about one thing or the other, sometimes I'd sit at the top of the stairs and piss myself at the phonecalls, stuff like 'well I'll be getting in touch with my MP!' and whatnot :lol:

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:02 pm

My personal favourite from today was, 'If this is not dealt with immediately (and I do mean immediately), I will be phoning the Manchester Evening News and becoming very loud. Log that.'

Gracey xx

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Aaah threatening with the papers is always good. My Dad's a journalist so I've pulled that one before (even though he writes about computers so would be totally useless unless I was complaining about that).

I remember when we had the explosion, I used the threat of papers to get us housed after being fucked about the council and their "intentionally homeless" malarkey :twisted:

* Queen of Tangents*

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:02 pm

Having been on the other end, I can tell you it isn't fun. Being bottom rung of the ladder, unable to do fuck all and someone on the other end is screaming at you whilst you're trying to do your best but its just not good enough...

Yeah, I still have nightmares. And I was only in the Planning Department. Not like it was even life threatening. :(
*Rule Obsessor*

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:17 pm

I'm sure it's not. But nobody should work for Environmental Health and not expect to deal with shit. Literally and metaphorically speaking, both.

Gracey xx

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:37 pm

Vicsarina wrote:Having been on the other end, I can tell you it isn't fun. Being bottom rung of the ladder, unable to do fuck all and someone on the other end is screaming at you whilst you're trying to do your best but its just not good enough...

Yeah, I still have nightmares. And I was only in the Planning Department. Not like it was even life threatening. :(
Agreed, I worked a help-line for a year...I've dealt with shouty people.

Hence why I always keep my tone respectful...especially if I'm talking to someone who is not at fault ;)

* Queen of Tangents*

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Ah, well the twonk in question actually called me and was no lowly rung of the ladder. Having told me the raw sewage that has festered in the alley since December was none of my concern, I think I gave him all the respect he deserves. Which is fuck all, in case that isn't clear. I didn't swear at him, or offer to come and leave shit at their door, which I do believe shows considerable restraint on my behalf.

He was a different bloke when he phoned to tell me what they are going to do about it. Now I just have to hope they actually do. And so do they.

Gracey xx

starlight

Post by starlight » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Heh, I'm on the receiving end of complaints made to the council, but I work for a contractor. People do complain about stupid things sometimes, I'm kinda glad I have relatively few legitimately angry people to deal with. They're logged through a central system, so a lot of people have calmed down a bit by the time I phone them back! Glad I don't work on the call desk.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:36 pm

I'm watching Devil's Advocate...

I can't decide whether scary Pacino or plank-face Keanu is more worthy of my affections??

* Queen of Tangents*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:11 pm

I have no bathroom door. Considering my bathroom is at the top of the stairs & you can see in to it from the bottom of the stairs has made a mildly interesting evening.

I've been sitting on the arm of my sofa braiding some gorgeous Phoenix Naturals in for Lisa. HOLY SHIT that woman is a shadow of her former self. Her weight loss is amazing, truly amazing. I was nice & fed her Chinese food :D Which we had to order twice as the original order was wrong.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:09 pm

The chinese was great sarah, really sorted my dodgy stomach out and i have my appetite back this morning.
Was a great evening, i even got a goodnight kiss off korben and seth :D

Im painting pebbles and watching LA INK, im so rock and roll its untrue!
I popped into my sisters lastnight on my way home and she gave me some beautiful silver and gold daisy earrings for my wedding. Spoilt lisa is spoilt!
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:06 pm

The bathroom door is a bit of a joke in our house; I doubt they would notice if it wasn't there. Paul actually phones me from the toilet most days.

Hence, I am forced to spend time this afternoon drooling over old footage of Lenny Kravitz on youtube.

Gracey xx

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”