THE CHAT THREAD... For all your silly posts and chatter (12)

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
MrsEss

Re: THE CHAT THREAD... For all your silly posts and chatter

Post by MrsEss » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:09 am

Aye. It's odd, I thought earlier I don't have enough free time atm but then occurred to me I used to do 40/50 hour weeks once upon a time. However, then I always got 2 days off in a row, whereas I'm on shifts now.

I'm hunting for monogram buttons, it's not proving very successful.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:33 pm

I am a very lucky girl indeed, i definately landed on my feet with this job :)
Just think of all the things i could do with a chainsaw! Decapitate attacking zombies, make interesting things from wood....... Erm i cant think of anything else right now but im sures there is loads of doors my new skills will open for me.

Im freezing and cant get warm, cant wait to finish work and go in doors!
Enjoy your relaxing day ladies, have a chill for me. Its the best thing to do when its cold and windy :D
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:47 pm

I was thinking earlier I need some plastic drawers to store a load of crafty things. AND I've just realised I have six drawrs upstairs not in use. :roll:

I need to start compiling a list of things I'm gonna do whilst I'm off recovering from surgery. Sorting out crafty gear is one of them.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:10 pm

Hey everyone. Been abit absent from here as ive had a major busy and stressful week of exams. But they are all done and now i have a week off! So i'm going to lazy around, work out and probably start sarah's dreads :D Hope everyone is keeping well.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:41 pm

I've just got home from our little jaunt to Whitby. It was fun, if fleeting, but now I'm knackered and wishing I had a weekend to play with.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:43 pm

I just got in too. Ended up staying quite a while, went back to a friends after for coffee and cake :D a fun day of sledding, I think I have found my talent, I always seem to get a good run on the sled with no crashing/stopping :lol:

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:03 pm

I've been sorting stuff out, sewing machine, found material I didn't know I owned and generally trying to clear up some clutter. Despite throwing some stuff out, there would appear to be NO difference whatsoever which disappointed me a little. The stuff is in boxes so it's not a mess IDK, I was expecting more of a change.

I've been thinking about changing the line of things I make - more towards everyday stuff rather than the "clubbing scene" route it seems to have taken. I've deleted entire albums & discontinued some ranges. I need rivets, a hole punch, leather, some stretch twill, zips, D rings, wool, & knitted fabric. I was thinking about decals, logos & other branding things. I know, I haven't even created new things but I'm already thinking of finishing touches :lol:

I have found my sketch book, so that's a start. It's gonna take me months to sort it all out.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:07 am

Morning all! Im already at work, ready to go to the first day of my chainsaw course. Im excited! :D

Hope you all have a good day ladies xxx
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:33 am

Have fun. :D Is it just me but giving you a chainsaw seems dangerous. :P
*Rule Obsessor*

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 am

Since you lot are on here more than me :) thought I would let you know hibiscus has been placed on NPSI list- keep your eye out for trading and selling. Thanks my lovelies!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:11 am

Wowzers. I bloody love her work as well.

I have an ill household today. Elfin has been battling through all weekend and passed a very delirious night last night. Paul is still in bed, Jordan is doing the Dying Swan on the armchair and I am considering doing a runner back to Whitby.

Gracey xx

Jennilox

Post by Jennilox » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:56 pm

well i finally find out if i loose my job tomorrow.

TBH now i don't care. After ive now read all the ''witness statements'' from people that wernt even there , im better off out of that place.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Have you ever told us what has happened, Jennilox? Apologies if I've missed it.

Gracey xx

Jennilox

Post by Jennilox » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:34 pm

basicly during a period of being very stressed out, i was doing some melting string (we have plastic string) and i was distracted and ended up throwing the burning string in the bin (and basicly set fire to this little waste paper bin) there was noone in the store apart from a collegue who said i ''am always rude, mess about, and i was laughing whilst doing it''/// none of which is true. Basicly ive been suspended for 3 weeks , and its got redicolous.

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:58 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:Dani suggested I watch Lost Girl as the outfits in it are amazing. I'm gonna peruse syfy & see if I can find it on OnDemand
yeh you should defo watch lost girl, not just for the outfits but check out dyson, he is so hot :lol: i love it
if you cant find it on syfy you can watch it here
http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Lost-Girl_23911/

does any one know how to change the size of picture to put as profile pic, i cant for the life of me remeber how i done it last time, it just keeps telling me pic is to big :?
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Evening all.

I appear to have strained a muscle in my back :( I think it happened during the climbing the hill on ice yesterday, then I aggravated it by doing weighted squats this morning. Damnit. Got a hot water bottle on it now, but my back bloody hurts!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Callanetics back stretch Callanetics back stretch Callanetics back stretch Callanetics back stretch Callanetics back stretch Callanetics back stretch Callanetics back stretch Callanetics back stretch Callanetics back stretch Callanetics back stretch Callanetics back stretch

Sorry, but repeat to reaffirm it's awesomeness. Seriously, were it not for that and the other stretches in the video I'd be fubar by now!

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:28 pm

Oooh good idea, I hadn't thought of that! Which stretch it is again? :) eta, lower back stretch? was just going through the video.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Yussss. I find the first warm up & the leg stretches - you know the ones before the lower back stretch. They work wonders :D

Ugh, first 3 hours of the day made me want to remove my brain out of my ear, bloody e-learning evil crap. "theoretically how much could you download using an 8 megabit connection" Well, now retard who wrote these questions HOW BIG IS THE FUCKING FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, one of the modules was called what is the internet?

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Vicsarina wrote:Have fun. :D Is it just me but giving you a chainsaw seems dangerous. :P
:lol: yes its a definate gamble, especially seeing how accident prone i am!

It was fun today, didnt actually switch the chainsaw on but we did spend all day doing maintainance on the student ones. We had to correctly sharpen the chain blades and then we took them apart so we could service them. Then we put them back together again! I bloody love taking shit apart! I used to love opening and rewiring plugs as a kid (yes im strange :oops: )

Tomorrow we get to chop logs up into discs, woohoo!

Where is your course at sarah? You should ditch it and come be an action man with me :D

starlight

Post by starlight » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:48 pm

There are chainsaw parts in my office. I think I'd be a bit scared of using one tbh!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Me, knowing how to use a chainsaw & dealing with the general populous of Middlesbrough? I like where you're going with this Lisa, but I'd rather not be jailed for dismembering chavs.

It was at work. How glamorous! There's a 3 day course next week in South Shields, they got the dates (& days) mixed up, it was supposed to be 2 - Tuesday & Wednesday, but it's actually Wednesday, Thursday AND Friday. I'm having surgery on Friday ¬_¬

I swear *content missing due to social media policy*

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Evening, ladies. I've been almost entirely wasteful of my day off, unless you count thungs like waxing and Callanetics. I've also washed and plaited my dreads because I feel like rocking a tinge of the Cindi Lauper. I've done it the authentic 80s way, with setting lotion. I won't know how well it has worked until I take the plaits out.

Of course, all the needless faffing is really just my way of distancing myself from the knowledge that I get my coil replaced in the morning. Can't say I'm really looking forward to it.

Gracey xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:04 pm

WHY do I decide at 10 o'clock at night to redo my nails? However, I have that spray stuff that dries em in 60 seconds! :D Muah-ha-haa-haaaaa!

Right. Might be back on, might not. Laters.

Incase not, hope all goes well in the morning Grace. I have another 3 years with mine.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:19 pm

I'm the girl who gets bored right before i go to bed (usually midnight) and decides that my nails look crap and then proceeds with changing colours etc, normally finishing up at 1am and then complain that they're a bit squished :i6:

My mam and i discovered a cross trainer in the garage yesterday so i've had that in the front room this afternoon doing a few five minute sessions on it. Tomorrow i'll do a couple more sessions on it in between getting some shopping for my nana. We're going through to see her tomorrow night, she had her op last wednesday and it went really well, she was back home by thursday!
blah blah blah

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”