Anarchy in the JP

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
ChainedLady

Anarchy in the JP

Post by ChainedLady » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:45 pm

Hey, does anyone know if Anarchy in the JP closed down? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I looked on the Bat Gear and Beyond site and that went totally commercial. All the old links that were there are wasted. Everything is falling apart. What's happening to the scene guys?
There definately, definately, definately is no logic to human behaviour.

IKickShins

Re: Anarchy in the JP

Post by IKickShins » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:00 am

Found this update from February 2010 on the cached version of the site:
Both of us on the [a]narchy team would like to extend our deepest apologies for the lack of recent site updates, and also for temporary lack of response to e-mails from all [a]narchy supporters, clients, and affiliates.

As many of you may already know, [a]narchy closed the doors of its original Harajuku shop last October, so we could relocate to a new international location to begin a new adventure–something bigger, better, and more accessible to people in the United States. We still plan to travel to and from Japan to do events, work with our loyal clientele, and keep the original spirit that anarchyinthejp started with, but in recent months, we have been taking steps to eliminate the red tape of relocating, and will be providing more information as we progress. All e-mails will be answered, and we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience it has caused everyone who has been trying to contact us. Your feedback and inquiries are extremely important to us, and please rest assured that no one will be forgotten! It’s taken us longer than we expected, but we promise to be back on track as soon as we possibly can.

To everyone who supported [a]narchy at its original location, we are nothing but grateful and humbled by all of our beautiful supporters and clients. Leaving Harajuku was not to symbolize our demise, but to open a new door in a new location, to collaborate with new talent, and most of all, meet new clientele who can inspire and challenge us on American soil.

Stay tuned, and once again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused all of our supporters. WE LOVE YOU!
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us

I can't find anything about them ever actually opening up shop in LA though. Googling "[a]narchy hair" is only bringing up a salon in Australia that doesn't appear to be related.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

ChainedLady

Post by ChainedLady » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:42 am

hmm yeah I got the Aussie site too when I Goggled Anarchy Hair. I had no idea they were coming to LA. I live in LA so I would have heard something from someone..
There definately, definately, definately is no logic to human behaviour.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:11 pm

I tried getting in contact with Kaytea, but no avail :(

anarchyinthejp

Post by anarchyinthejp » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:05 am

Hello everybody, it's been a REALLY long time...here is where the explanation begins, as I only just found out about this thread and remembered my password!

[a]narchy, as you were able to find in google cache, left Japan. The economy was not doing well, and we wanted to try to continue what we started in Los angeles. We ended up spending the better part of 6 months in my hometown, sorting out green cards and preparing to move, and once we got here, I was faced with the issue of not being licensed in the US...meaning another year was spent completely absorbed in hair school. I graduated in July, and at the moment, we're working on a freelance basis, and have literally only recently started working with large events [all Japanese ones, of course...it's kind of funny considering we relocated, but honestly, the grass really is greener on the other side. I miss our harajuku space, and I really miss having regular creative opportunities, because LA is far from easygoing when it comes to settling in and making a name for yourself, even though there is a group of people who know our work.

We also had lots of issues with our website this year, and had the unpleasant luck of having it go down for a while, but it is running again, and we are slowly trying to get our work seen and known again. It seems the info address for our website is still not working properly, but we are working on that.

For anyone who wants access to my hair updates, the best places to find them for now are twitter and Facebook. My twitter handle is anarchyinthejp, and you can find me at kaytea Miyagi on Facebook. I do check both regularly, so I will be much quicker at getting back to people. :)

I miss doing hair in a 'not just styling' sense, and it really made me happy to hear that people were asking about us here...that makes me realise we haven't been forgotten just yet :)

Recently we styled two fashion shows for Japanese events, including yesterday's 6%DOKIDOKI fashion show in Los angeles, but I am ready to get back to our roots, because I did not get my license just to cut and colour conservative residents' hair and have eyes rolled at me for having purple hair. ;). I miss Tokyo like you wouldn't believe, and in a few years, we may go back, but I promise to update more, as our website is more of a preservation area to showcase what we did in Tokyo more than anything at this point.

Anyway, great to talk to you guys again :) I've missed you!
[a]narchy - no rules.
http://www.anarchyinthejp.com

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Welcome back!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”