Shopping in London

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Satanne666

Shopping in London

Post by Satanne666 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:52 pm

I've been scanning the forum about a thread for this, so I apologize up front if my eyes missed it.

I'm moving to London in a week, staying one semester at Central Saint Martins College of Art. Squee!

The thing is, I am up for some heavy duty shopping. I'm all over Camden and the sort of shops that's around there. The thing is, I'd love to know about any other alternative/metal/rock/punk/goth kind of stores around other areas. Anyone care to give me some good pointers pls?

I'll be living in Hoxton, so tips on things to do and see and shop around that area too would be highly appreciated.

Oh, and if anyone feel like meeting someone new, perhaps a mad hatter from Norway, pls feel free to PM me. I am up for cofee, beer, gigs, u name it!

I am so excited!!!
I used to be the Dreaded_One , but I lost my name and picked a new one ;)

http://makingthingsgirl.wordpress.com/

myhappymassacre

Re: Shopping in London

Post by myhappymassacre » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:22 pm

Hey :)

I study at CSM, did my foundation last year and am starting BA Fine Art at the start of October. Which site will you be on? If you're feeling a bit lost we could meet up!

To be honest, Camden is your best bet for that sort of style. However, you're in Hoxton, which is immense. You're really near to Shoreditch, and the shopping down Brick Lane is really good. It's not punk/alt really, but loads of independent, young designers, vintage shops and quite a few leather shops, so you may find some interesting stuff in those. Also, don't miss the Sunday Pop Up market across the road from Spitalfields Market (which isn't that great tbh) at the top of Brick Lane. It's so good, the food stalls there are beyond belief! Soho may also be worth a visit, they have some good corset/fetish-y stuff around there. You'll have a great time here!

Satanne666

Post by Satanne666 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:40 am

Hi,

thank you so much! And how great is it that you're at CSM. I'll be at the new Kings X site I reckon. Doing a BA Graphic Design. I'd most defenately will be a tad lost, so yes, I'd love to meet up.

Add me on FB : http://facebook.com/Satanne
I used to be the Dreaded_One , but I lost my name and picked a new one ;)

http://makingthingsgirl.wordpress.com/

myhappymassacre

Post by myhappymassacre » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Hey:) I enrolled today, the King's Cross site is beautiful, really special. I'll miss Charing Cross though.

Ooh, I know quite a lot of Graphics students, they're really a great bunch, so you'll be fine!

I messaged you on FB just now :)

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”