Low Blood Pressure - advice please

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Myz_Succubus

Low Blood Pressure - advice please

Post by Myz_Succubus » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:36 am

So I ended up hospitalised with a Kidney Infection :(

What was bizarre was all the docs kept asking if I suffered from LBP, I queried this and was told that it had been noted in 2005 - nice of them to tell me, right? And upon checking my hospital charts my BP seems to be consistently low.

So, the diagnosis is now starting to make sense of several issues I've suffered over the past 6 years. If only I'd have known!

However, my question is for those that do naturally have LBP, what should I be doing to combat the symptoms? I've heard quite a few bits from others with LBP and have researched it online but I'd really like to hear from anyone who has LBP on the boards, what symptoms they have experienced and what helps?

Many Thanks in advance guys xxx
Last edited by Myz_Succubus on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vicsarina

Re: Low Blood Pressure - advice please

Post by Vicsarina » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:20 am

Except... She's from the UK.

But otherwise, yes... Ask a trained health professional.
*Rule Obsessor*

Myz_Succubus

Post by Myz_Succubus » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:39 am

Madii & Viscirina: Guys, if I could get any sense out of the various incompetents I'd been shoved between, then I surely would be asking them. I tried asking at the hospital but they were far too busy to give me any recovery advice on the Kidney Infection other than slinging pills at me. Not to worry, I will be making a complaint. My GP is a little, well shall we say ineffectual - I think he's just not very confident in himself and I find the urge to either slap him or hug him overwhelming at times. The reason I am asking for advice from fellow sufferers is in relation to more natural solutions/things I can do to help. Generally these pieces of advice I'm seeking, are the ones that GP's etc don't have the time necessarily to research and have all the answers on hand to give. I can always run them past my GP once I have the pieces of advice but I generally find that people who have managed their conditions well for a time have a greater insight into possible alternatives to standard medicines.

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:43 am

Have you ever thought maybe you should change your GP?

I mean, obviously you seem to like him but you really shouldn't risk your health. If you cannot trust him with this, how can you trust him with anything at all? You need to do what is best for you, never mind hurting the guy's feelings.
*Rule Obsessor*

Myz_Succubus

Post by Myz_Succubus » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:54 am

It's a collective of GP's but he is the best out of the bunch available and hasn't been on hols over the last 2 months when I've needed to see anyone. They cover 2 practices, the best has been on hols and Paternity leave - not due back for another month, another GP who knows me is an old ruddy faced, overweight guy who pretty much slings pills at everything, whilst telling you it's all in your head and the others I've never seen (there's about 5 running 2 practices and the ones I've mentioned are the most regular at my centre! Seriously, it's about catchment areas and the only other option would be to try and register at either one of the two other centres just outside of my catchment area, both of which are unlikely to take me on as a transfer :(

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:51 am

I have moderately low blood pressure. I don't notice it most of the time, but when I do, I usually feel a bit queesy or light headed. If it gets too low, I feel very heavy and start to black out. At that point, I will lie down on the floor with my legs in the air to get the blood to rush out of my legs and back to the rest of my body to give my brain some more oxygen (I did this in a unisex bathroom foyer at a bar once and was praised by a lady who was a nurse of doing the right thing).
I have also found that being extremely hot can cause me to black out a bit. I just have to cool down (take off excess clothing, sit down and have a drink of water).

Myz_Succubus

Post by Myz_Succubus » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:17 am

rivertlicker_: Thanks so much for your response, it's the little things, like you've just mentioned, which can help the greatest or even the greater percent of the time that will be really useful to me x

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:28 am

I have very low blood pressure and honestly, it's not really a problem for me these days. As a child, I fainted most days and as an adult, I am prone to dizzy spells but the only time it has really been an issue was when I was pregnant.

I have found that regular exercise and a good diet are the best way to keep on top of it, as the main problems it causes are with circulation. My lips and extremities can take on a blue tinge and that tells me it is time to get some blood pumping.

The thing to remember is that low blood pressure is not as bad as it sounds; high blood pressure is way more risky. The most probable reason you weren't told about the note is that it's more of an observation than a diagnosis. Certainly, with the correct management and attitude, you should be able to continue your lifestyle without any worries.
Last edited by Gracey on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Librarynerd

Post by Librarynerd » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:40 am

Making sure to stay hydrated and get enough salt and other electrolytes in your diet can't hurt. Being fully hydrated increases your total blood volume thus increasing your blood pressure. Also try to cut back on natural diuretics like excessive coffee, tea, and alcohol.

Like Gracey said, low BP can be annoying especially the dizzyness, weakness, and passing out but is far less serious than the effects of high BP
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanween23

XXXX I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. XXXX

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Myz_Succubus wrote:rivertlicker_: Thanks so much for your response, it's the little things, like you've just mentioned, which can help the greatest or even the greater percent of the time that will be really useful to me x
You're welcome, just always find a spot to lay down ;)

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Gracey got it spot on I think.

It really depends on what is normal for you. For instance, my blood pressure is normally around the 60/90, so if I got it measured one day and it was 125/90 it would fall within a normal range, but would be much higher than normal for me. They can't treat low blood pressure as a condition in and of itself, it's dangerous to take anything to raise your blood pressure. It's DEFINITELY better long term to have low blood pressure than high.
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”