Ebay question.

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
thecutealternative

Ebay question.

Post by thecutealternative » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:41 am

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me..

I have sold on ebay for years and years so know the drill and have never had any problems before.

Today I had a email from paypal, saying my seller fees had been received thanks blah blah blah. This email was for £57 odd quid paid to 'ebay europe sarl'. Now firstly I though it was odd because my seller fees go out of my bank via direct debit, also I haven't sold that much lately, so I check ebay and my seller fees were £6.34. I have also checked my paypal and the funds have not been taken out.

Is this likely to be spam, and do you think it is worth reporting it to ebay/paypal? I'll be honest it really worried me, because it looked so real and official.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

Thanks Kellye.

rivetlicker_

Re: Ebay question.

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:21 am

I'm pretty sure PayPal have a phishing/spoof email reporting system there somewhere. I say report it to PayPal and see what they say.

hairykiter

Post by hairykiter » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Could be a scam, I'd report it to paypal. Remember not to click any links in the email :)

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:26 pm

It's a scam. If it were legit, it would also be showing when you log into your Paypal account.

Paypal has no reason to bring up "receiving seller fees" anyway -- they take their fees out whenever you receive a payment, so it's not like you're actually sending them anything.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

jättiorava

Post by jättiorava » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:43 pm

I've gotten a few Paypal scam emails, the address they were from was actually www.paypel.com. But it took me a long time before I noticed... they looked valid enough. It's always a good idea to report scam emails to Paypal.
~Reality in just a substitute for imagination~

thecutealternative

Post by thecutealternative » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:17 pm

Thanks all, after closer inspection the email was from paypaI.com, which didn't show on my phone when the email came through, but on my emails on the computer I could see it! So it has gone straight to spam now!!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”