Mail in Canada????

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
starlotus

Mail in Canada????

Post by starlotus » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:53 am

What's going on with this? I've been waiting for dreads from a Canadian seller for a really, really long time, PMed her, haven't heard back. I know there was a strike, but a friend in Toronto says it ended a couple of weeks ago....did it end everywhere or just certain places? Help? I've been waiting for these dreads for a long time and I'm trying to be nice and patient but yeah....

IKickShins

Re: Mail in Canada????

Post by IKickShins » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:35 am

Do you know if/when they were mailed?

There's still a bit of backlog even though the strike is over. I had something shipped from Canada on the 12th and the tracking said "Item Delayed - Temporary volume surge as we resume operations" as soon as it was scanned in. It ended up taking 2 weeks to arrive.

Also, US customs has been getting stricter, so any time you import from another country there's a chance it'll take longer now.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

starlotus

Post by starlotus » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:34 pm

I don't think they were mailed yet. At least, I haven't been sent any tracking info or anything. She said she was finally ready to send them in a message on 6/22 but wasn't able to because of the mail strike. I told her that was fine and I would wait, and I sent her a PM a few days ago but haven't heard back....

zaea

Post by zaea » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:01 pm

I bought something almost a month ago from Canada. Took nearly 25 days for it to get to me. And they paid for the "Fast" shipping.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”