1 in 3 women never leave the house without make up on

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Librarynerd

Re: 1 in 3 women never leave the house without make up on

Post by Librarynerd » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:40 am

I enjoy getting all dolled up every once in a while but 99% of the time I just wear moisturizer. I've found that as I get older make up just makes me look even older, especially foundation or powder.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanween23

XXXX I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. XXXX

K.O.

Post by K.O. » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:48 am

Ya I have noticed that makeup tends to make you look a little bit older.... which is a good thing for me sometimes, because I'm almost 22 and people mistake me for being 15 :X
Kitten A.K.A
Kristin Okopski

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:22 pm

Librarynerd wrote:I've found that as I get older make up just makes me look even older, especially foundation or powder.
I find exactly the same thing, Jean. If I put on foundation, it makes me look like the surface of the moon and I don't actually have particularly large pores. Pressed powder settles into my fine lines and makes them look like cracks. If I use anything at all, it's just a tiny bit of powder from a big soft brush, just to mattify/reduce glare.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:10 pm

I can't be arsed with makeup, and when I can it's a 5 minute job. If I'm going out I'll try and be a bit more meticulous, but not very often.
I used to wear it all the time (and cake it on...) when I was younger, but I kinda like my face the way it is now.
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

MissChelsea

Post by MissChelsea » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:08 pm

I generally do wear make-up when I go out. When I'm in work I face the public all day every day and it just helps me to get my game face on if I feel I look good. That and I love make up. I've got tonnes of the stuff! I'm a qualified make-up artist and just love putting it on. It's fun to me, experimenting and seeing how you can change the way you look completely with some cleverly placed powder. Besides, with my pale blonde eyebrows and orange hair, I look really bloody weird without any!

If I'm only popping to the shops or something, I'll just go with mascara and eyebrows. I don't wear foundation very often, just a little concealer & tinted moisturiser do the trick for me most days :)

I usually wear eyeshadow, gel liner, mascara, concealer, tinted moisturiser, blush/contour and whatever lipstick/gloss goes with my outfit and the rest of my make up that day. I think my eyes look tiny now if I don't wear my 'cat eye' liner! :lol:

twigletstar

Post by twigletstar » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:10 pm

I'm one of those people who has bad skin, which when covered with foundation/concealer just makes it look exactly like I'm trying to hide it :P I wear eye makeup most days, but to be honest I'm happy going out without it as well. Years of feeling low as a teenager because of my face has made me much more comfortable as an adult - it's probably as good as it's going to get before I go all wrinkly so I may as well not worry about it :)

ETA: The best thing anybody can do for their skin is protect it from the sun. If you go out wearing anything on your face then it should definitely be some sort of protection.

InTheMidnights

Post by InTheMidnights » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:43 pm

I've been stuck in a rut of feeling like i have to wear foundation when i go out because i have terrible skin, i have done for years and justtaking the redness away makes me feel better. I also have to fill my brows in abit cause they're a bit unruly and an odd shape without thanks to my father and his terrible eyebrow genes!

But if im in the house or just going to the shop, i dont tend to bother, its got alot better the older i get at just not caring. Im not sure if thats a bad thing or not... haha :D

_my_purple_skys_

Post by _my_purple_skys_ » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:47 pm

I very rarely go out without make up and it's nothing to do with insecurity or vanity like it's always assumed. To me, make up is an extension of my outfit,
This is pretty much how i feel too.

I very rarely go out without makeup, maybe to walk the dog early morning or something but no where i know i am going to meet people.
Even when im not dressing up i feel far too self concious to not have at least my eyebrows, liner and powder on.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:50 pm

I love make-up and have tons of it. I used to spend ages every day as part of my daily routine putting my face on.

However...I then had a baby and now most of the time I really can't be arsed!

I've started wearing it a little more recently again though.

I used to NEVER leave the house without it, but after doing it a few times and realising that my head didn't explode, it was actually quite liberating :D
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Most of the time I go out, I put on sunglasses and a hat or scarf. Personally, I don't see the point in spending time on make-up or hair if I'm just going to run a simple errand or need to buy a few items from a store.

Performing, photo shoots, going to shows or dinner are the only times I spend a couple hours [no shame] in applying my face. That way I don't feel like I'm wasting make-up, especially since I have some expensive products and I want to have it last as long as possible.
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

MissPlastik

Post by MissPlastik » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:41 pm

o_o im out all the time and i rarely wear makeup.

even on nights out >.<

im pretty good with makeup and have a huge box full but i can't be arsed any more XD

out tonight and i might wear a bit of smudgy eyeliner...i don't see the point, im not trying to impress anyone :o

manchee

Post by manchee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:16 pm

Although I wear it every day, I dont take long to put it on. I think its cos Ive worn it pretty much the same since I started wearing it properly. I was getting ready for my sisters hen do the other nite and it only took me about 10 mins for proper 'evening going out' make up. Only takes me about 4 or 5 for every day make up. If it took much longer I prob wouldnt have the patience to wear it every day :lol:

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:19 pm

It takes me 10 minutes on a normal day to do a full face.

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Bomber wrote:It takes me 10 minutes on a normal day to do a full face.
yeah me too, haha, even when I do big fancy crazy makeups.
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

twination

Post by twination » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:08 pm

I'm def 1 in three I have reaallly rosey cheeks soo i'm always layering on the foundation :P

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:27 pm

I'm 2 of 3. I'd say 80% I'm with at least a bit of makeup, but 20%--meh, who cares.

Tipsyxx

Post by Tipsyxx » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:40 pm

Depending on where im going, if its to a family members house then I don't worry about makeup, if its to the grocery store, ill just grab my sunglasses.

If im going somewhere nice, then ill put makeup on.

Myz_Succubus

Post by Myz_Succubus » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:55 am

I sometimes wish I did but it's all about time for me! It takes long enough for me to even get out of bed in a morning without adding putting my face on too :)

Tipsyxx

Post by Tipsyxx » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:08 am

I have my morning ritual... Slowly wake up, crawl out of bed, Wash my face. Get coffee.. Check websites until im fully awake [my brain is a derper, takes longer to wake up lol]

And then i proceed to get dressed and makeup, and do whatever planned.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”