which 'catagory' would you put yourself in?

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Bomber

Re: which 'catagory' would you put yourself in?

Post by Bomber » Mon May 30, 2011 9:51 pm

Taking Retro To It's Logical Conclusion.

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Tue May 31, 2011 5:30 am

I dress like Nancy from Weeds most of the time.. so uh, "inept drug dealer chic" maybe? :P
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

DaisyChains

Post by DaisyChains » Tue May 31, 2011 7:12 am

hahaha loving it :D

SdSiNthetics

Post by SdSiNthetics » Tue May 31, 2011 8:36 am

I don't know honestly... I've heard people call me cyber, and industrial, but I'm neither, I don't wear those (prepare for personal opinion) silly gas masks or "toxic" goggles, and I never will, why would I want to restrict my breathing and eyesight to fit in?

I have dreads a lot, or did, now I have wigs, or short black hair, I wear a lot of camo and military type items, latex on nights out, so a military type thing.

But at the same time, I do do the whole neon nightmare/ daglow thing... with a bit of cute i.e bows buttons... so maybe a candy goth, I spent three minutes trying to answer this and still have no idea haha
Hair fanatic, dread addict

SdSiNthetics

Post by SdSiNthetics » Tue May 31, 2011 8:38 am

Oh and my Parisian friends call me gypsy hippy, or free party/psy hippy... apparently there is nothing even remotely close to the concept of candy/cyber in France, because I'm far from a hippy x

DaisyChains

Post by DaisyChains » Tue May 31, 2011 1:40 pm

cyber and psy get crossed referenced a lot i find depending where u are on the planet, i suppose the basic neon bright rainbows would be the same lol :)

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Tue May 31, 2011 2:46 pm

If I had the money & the figure for it I would always be dressed in 50's rockabilly or burlesque style clothing, but alas I have neither. So as someone else put - I currently wear what fits! (But in my head I look and dress like Dita Von Teese! ;) )

SdSiNthetics

Post by SdSiNthetics » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:49 pm

DaisyChains wrote:cyber and psy get crossed referenced a lot i find depending where u are on the planet, i suppose the basic neon bright rainbows would be the same lol :)

I know but French cyber is nothing like psy, it's so odd... I went to a gig there and was the only person in colour, neon fucking yellow and they were all in black, very awkward ><

MethadonePretty

Post by MethadonePretty » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:28 pm

' a bit alternative' haha

Zombie_Medusa

Post by Zombie_Medusa » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:38 pm

Labels are for cans.

Normally im out in a band shirt and skinnies.

But thats mostly because of my lack of money at the moment.

I would be dressing gothic lolita style for sure if i had the money xD
Even if we dont have the same beliefs/ideas, I will respect you. I will offer you common decency. You don't have to impress me, because I'm not here to impress you

SdSiNthetics

Post by SdSiNthetics » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Zombie_Medusa wrote:Labels are for cans.

Normally im out in a band shirt and skinnies.

But thats mostly because of my lack of money at the moment.

I would be dressing gothic lolita style for sure if i had the money xD

I'm confused, so you're not labelled because you can't afford to dress the way you do? x

Zombie_Medusa

Post by Zombie_Medusa » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:02 am

i only said "labels is for cans" because its a quote my friend cam used to say all the time, and it was the first thing i thought when i read the tital.

it dosnt have anything else to do with the rest of my post.
Even if we dont have the same beliefs/ideas, I will respect you. I will offer you common decency. You don't have to impress me, because I'm not here to impress you

Kaminoke

Post by Kaminoke » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:00 pm

I would LOVE to be in a category - it would be so much easier to explain myself to people! :lol:

I don't have one though... it's really whatever takes my fancy on that particular day. My wardrobe is pretty schizophrenic to be honest, and so is my taste in music. :|

WyckedKitty

Post by WyckedKitty » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:58 pm

Honestly,I have no labels...I think my style is a huge contradiction to MANY of them...
Some days...I'm in dark clothing such as black/dark blue/dark purples..& other days I'm just comfortable & other days I'm redneck & other days I'm I guess very vanilla & nothing I wear most times matches haha like yesterday I was wearing blue jeans,my black skater shoes with contrasting bright blue shoe strings & my black & gray lacey sleeved shirt with redneck style sunglasses on my head lol & right now i'm wearing that same shirt with bright blue/green/white purple pajama pants...& don't even get me started on my music I like that's so up & down the spectrum It's ridiculous lol. SO I guess you could say my style is VERY diverse. Yep,I think diverse about covers it haha.
God invented man,then he had a better idea

_my_purple_skys_

Post by _my_purple_skys_ » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:34 am

im a bit of everything!

Most of my residents call me "that punk one" or "punky" but i get called goth as well...even tho im FAR too colourfull

I wouldnt ladel myself as punk at all, i love punk and ska music and i can see a lot of punk influences in my style but then i can also see a lot of other influences too.

When i get asked about it i just say im Lauren, i wear what I like!!

tokyovogue

Post by tokyovogue » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:45 pm

I don't really have a label for myself either I'm more a mash up of styles that i've listened to over the years. I started off as a bit of a goth/grunger at high school then really got into more punk/metal/japanese rock but i honestly listen to everything from 80s/metal/punk/grunge/japanese to the odd bit of chart music. My casual day to day style is now just t-shirt, tight jeans & cons and the t shirt is usually movie/band orientated but still people keep calling me goth/emo :?

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”