$70 furry boot covers

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Tipsyxx

$70 furry boot covers

Post by Tipsyxx » Sun May 22, 2011 6:33 am

Please delete this if you want to. But I've just looked at someones website at their fluffy boot covers and was QUITE disgusted at the price they were charging for ONE COLOR. PLAIN, boot covers.

70... dollars....

Isnt this freaking absurd!!!! The most I've seen them sold for was $30, and they were 3toned/fur&Vinyl.

I'm unsure if they post on HEF or not. but I'm not going to name names. I don't want to start any drama. I just felt it was necessary to let you all know that some people must be very hard-up for money if they feel to charge $70 [also didn't say shipping was included, so who knows how much more they charge for that] for a single, plain, one color pair of fluffies. and no, they didn't give any color choices, Just that one color they were selling. as they apparently only had the one pair. ...

As for their prices for dreads.... lets just say the math comes out to be 4-5 dollars per SE dread.. They aren't very professional with their business either, They don't state how many dreads are in the fall. simply just a picture, and the price.

rivetlicker_

Re: $70 furry boot covers

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun May 22, 2011 9:04 am

Unless it's Australia, then it's way too much. Australia is too expensive to buy from anymore, especially now because the dollar has matched and gone above the US dollar. So many people are actually struggling here.

Tipsyxx

Post by Tipsyxx » Sun May 22, 2011 9:09 am

Made & sold in america.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun May 22, 2011 9:10 am

Tipsyxx wrote:Made & sold in america.
Wow, that's extremely steep... Check your pm's :)

los

Post by los » Wed May 25, 2011 8:12 pm

I definitely agree, even $50 would be a bit much for a solid colored pair...
That's too bad about Australia, the two pairs I got years ago were from from an Australian seller and the price and quality were great. =/

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed May 25, 2011 8:18 pm

Monster fur is expensive though & REALLY annoying to work with. I'm not justifying the price AT ALL as I've seen em listen on eBay from about £8. I'm just saying ;)
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

DaisyChains

Post by DaisyChains » Wed May 25, 2011 8:21 pm

OMG thats disgusting!!!

speaking from the uk, fluffies to make are about £5 sell for about £10-£15 depending on style, amount of fur, colours etc

dont know how that works out in dollars but 70 sounds LOADS! :(

thing is there will always be newbies who are new to the scene and pay it not knowing their choices, big shame :(

x

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Wed May 25, 2011 8:23 pm

I've actually seen loads of them going for that much in the US over the years. I don't have a pair because I could never afford them :lol: And I can never find the monster fur in stores. So I'm not really shocked... I guess I should have been shocked all along! :lol:
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed May 25, 2011 8:38 pm

It's £43.00
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Wed May 25, 2011 10:27 pm

wow £43 seems rather extortionate :D i have a minster fur pair in multi colours, that cost me about £15 , id certainly never pay that amount for them.
have you asked her why they cost so much, perhaps there is something about them that we dont know about :lol:
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Wed May 25, 2011 10:43 pm

Well, the material IS damn expensive. I think its more that there isn't so much competetion and they can pretty much set their own prices and people will pay if they want them badly enough. :?
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu May 26, 2011 2:48 am

los wrote:I definitely agree, even $50 would be a bit much for a solid colored pair...
That's too bad about Australia, the two pairs I got years ago were from from an Australian seller and the price and quality were great. =/
Yeah, but Tragic Beautiful ARE actually good :P

Tipsyxx

Post by Tipsyxx » Thu May 26, 2011 3:52 am

in the USA the material isn't that expensive! I bought some grey monster fur from my local fabric store and it didn't cost more than 13$ for enough to make a pair of boot covers and wrist braces.
and it was the super long thick stuff.

its not hard to work with if you've got experience in sewing.

and as for the seller. I haven't because well, she seemed like a drama starter because she was consistently reporting my friend for "copying" her name o.O

for cutting the fur into shape.. I use permanent marker to draw out my shape. after i did all the measurements. etc.

instead of using scissors, I would use a rotary cutter. that way you don't snip off excess fur accidentally

DaisyChains

Post by DaisyChains » Thu May 26, 2011 5:29 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:It's £43.00
:o R I P O F F!!

i think i got lucky due to the fact shop bought rave wear wouldnt fit me so ive always made my own lol (muuuuuuuch cheaper)

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”