Who Wants to be a Drag Queen?

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Gromidez

Who Wants to be a Drag Queen?

Post by Gromidez » Mon May 09, 2011 9:12 am

So my friends visit me for a few days on their way to Chicago and we checked out the drag show at my boyfriend's bar as one of our many activities. Besides being tons of fun, it just reminded me how much I love the drag style, make-up, etc.

I remember there was (is?) a woman who is a female impersonator impersonator, or some such, and I want to do that so badly! You know, get all gussied up; loud makeup, big hair, lipsyncing to fun songs...

Does anyone else out there feel this way, or am I just crazy? What's your favorite thing about drag queens?

Zombiæ

Re: Who Wants to be a Drag Queen?

Post by Zombiæ » Mon May 09, 2011 11:26 am

Hey, someone who feels just like me! ^_^ This is what I really like to do for dressing up too :D

I even made a glittery costume for a next Bal de Masque (in the Netherlands) so I can be a drag for once :mrgreen:
♥ ♫ Yo ho ho and a bottle of RAM ♫ ♥

toxic trish

Post by toxic trish » Mon May 09, 2011 5:45 pm

i don't no if this counts because im male, but OMG how much i want to be a drag queen!
It is untrue i absolutely love the OTT-ness of them and love the way that certain drag queens use the masculine feature to make people know 100% that they are in drag and the make up OMG i think im in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly im 16 and don't no how to get in to being a drag queen would love to though :(
warning this post may/will contain bad spelling and lots of grammatical error's

well its shocking I AM MALE

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Mon May 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Well, the essentials are you dress as a parody of a woman. Then you create an act and get yourself booked. Then you perform your act.

toxic trish

Post by toxic trish » Mon May 09, 2011 5:55 pm

Bomber wrote:Well, the essentials are you dress as a parody of a woman. Then you create an act and get yourself booked. Then you perform your act.
i get this its the being able to lip sing and then being able to get an act together think i will be researching some in to this :)

FaerieGirl

Post by FaerieGirl » Wed May 11, 2011 2:44 pm

toxic trish wrote:
Bomber wrote:Well, the essentials are you dress as a parody of a woman. Then you create an act and get yourself booked. Then you perform your act.
i get this its the being able to lip sing and then being able to get an act together think i will be researching some in to this :)
Just pick a song you really like (or in my case it was one that we thought would be fun to parody) and practice, practice, practice. My friends and I all dressed up as the spice girls at one of my school's open mics and lip-synched to "Wannabe" (you know, tell me whatchya want, what you really, really want. I'll tell ya what I want, what I really, really want, and so on and so forth.). It was good fun!!
Taking over the world, one cupcake at a time. http://www.facebook.com/pages/CausticCu ... 7885476928
CURRENTLY TAKING ORDERS

toxic trish

Post by toxic trish » Wed May 11, 2011 4:04 pm

FaerieGirl wrote:
toxic trish wrote:
Just pick a song you really like (or in my case it was one that we thought would be fun to parody) and practice, practice, practice. My friends and I all dressed up as the spice girls at one of my school's open mics and lip-synched to "Wannabe" (you know, tell me whatchya want, what you really, really want. I'll tell ya what I want, what I really, really want, and so on and so forth.). It was good fun!!

finally someone else who loves the spice girls <3 also i assume you are female ?? and thanks :)

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Thu May 12, 2011 6:42 pm

We have said on several occasions that we would like to go out and out queen the queens! Big hair, over the top make-up, awesomness....

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Thu May 12, 2011 9:27 pm

i have wanted to do this for so long, but didnt know if its veasable a women doing drag, im glad there are other who feel the same too :D :D :D
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

hatemekillme

Post by hatemekillme » Sun May 15, 2011 9:31 pm

Lol....My best friend wants me to go to a drag show with him on his 21st B-day....We were joking that people might think I was one of the queens cuz I can be a bit over the top at times with out fits and hair and such....

Myz_Succubus

Post by Myz_Succubus » Wed May 25, 2011 10:46 am

I recently went to a new show bar in Wakefield, Fanny & Barcardi's. Absolutely excellent fun. Best laugh of the night was being asked by a group of guys if I worked there!!!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”