The exercise thread.

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Monique_marion_may

Re: The exercise thread.

Post by Monique_marion_may » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:57 pm

I start on Monday. This is when i'm back in Manchester. Thinking going to the gym twice a week, swimming once a week, and home exercises most days. Going to be hard to get going, but I'm hoping I get into a routine of it!

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:27 pm

It's also time for me to get my arse into gear and get back into a proper exercise routine. I have been quite slack for the last two weeks, using Xmas as an excuse, but now it's time to buckle down and get on with it. So, the new schedule is this (starting with a Wednesday since that's tomorrow):
Wednesday - get up at 5am to go for a 45 minute run before work. Can't go to the gym Wednesday evenings as this is food shopping night.
Thursday - get up at 5am and do 1hr of callanetics before work. Go to the gym after work to do 20 mins of intense cardio and about 20 mins of weights work.
Friday - same as Thursday
Saturday - day off (yay!)
Sunday - heavy weights session at the gym with my OH training me.
Monday - same as Thursday & Friday
Tuesday - 45 min kettlebell session before work. Can't go to the gym after work as I work a late shift on a Tuesday, and don't finish until 8pm
So, what do you ladies think? Will that shift a good few lbs before my holiday on Feb 9th?
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:05 pm

It should definitely work Mindi.

I did an hour of aerobics yesterday, after a seriously lazy month. In exercise terms at least; I didn't get time to do anything really, as work was so busy. A month off has had its effects; it wasn't hard while I was doing it but, oh my gosh, I'm suffering today.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:26 pm

That should shift a few lbs Mindi!

I've been doing just weights this week, next week I'll be doing 2 or 3 days cardio plus weights every other day. I don't need to do as much cardio as I've lost most of the fat, but I do enjoy it, and I still have belly fat to burn.

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:26 pm

Unfortunately my master plan failed in a big way this morning when I didn't drag my arse out of bet at 5am to go for a run because of a bout of inexplicable insomnia last night that had me awake until 3am. 2 hours sleep just does not make it easy to get up and exercise. So new start tomorrow, when I will get up early to do callanetics. Really. I will.
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:52 pm

I know what you mean Little Wicked with: lack of sleep = no exercise. That's where I keep falling down as I'm so tired all the time as my daughter is not a good sleeper. I max 5 hours a night but I usually get a lot less :cry:

I've started on dance central today and did 45 mins worth of flat out dancing. It felt really good and fun too! Only thing I didn't like is that it takes pictures of you during the game and I was shocked how I look. You know sometimes how you don't realise how much weight you've put on until you've seen a video or photo of yourself and it leaves you mortified... :?
http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:14 pm

So a few days later than planned, I am now back into an intense exercise routine. I have changed it slightly from my previous post, as I've heard good reviews about the 30-Day Shred workout DVD, so I invested in it. Day 1 was completed today, and it may only be a 20 minute program, but holy hell, I felt like I'd had an intense workout! So new plan is:
Mondays - 30-Day Shred in the morning, then callanetics when I get home from work.
Tuesdays - 30-Day Shred & kettlebell workout before work (late shift, don't start until 11:30am)
Wednesdays - callanetics in the morning, then 30-Day Shred when I get home from work.
Thursdays - 30-Day Shred in the morning, then strength training at the gym after work.
Fridays - same as Thursdays
Saturdays - 30-Day Shred & callanetics (order will depend on whether or not I'm working that Saturday)
Sundays - 30-Day Shred then heavy weights session with the OH at the gym.

So, that should shed a good few lbs! I'm curious to see just how much I can get off in 30 days with this DVD, so I'll keep the thread updated with progress!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:27 pm

I'm going to go to the forum & sign up for the gym, apparently there is no space for us to put the x trainer back up with rearranging at least 2 bloody rooms, so I may as well take advantage of the multimillion pound gym round the corner!

as it's a 10 minute walk to the gym I might jog to it - it can count as my warm up. :lol: (once I'm signed up & inducted that is!) I've been to a gym before & went for the "I want to tone up" thing & I'll admit, I only ever did it half arsedly. But I know so many svelte, gorgeous women now (amy!!!! sami!!!!! grace!!!!!) I want a sweaty kill me please kind of work out, followed by a swim or a melt in the sauna! :lol:
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:30 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:I want a sweaty kill me please kind of work out, followed by a swim or a melt in the sauna! :lol:
I like the sound of that! :P joining the gym as SOON as I'm working. Don't think I've done too badly without one but still.

Just a note on the 30 day shred, you might want a day off from it, I've only completed level 1&2 (and got distracted by trying other exercises!) I think it's a good workout, but maybe a bit tough on the knees to do 7 days on?

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:02 pm

Nope - I'm really going for it! Only 30 days left until we go on holiday, so I'm really going to go for an intense burn and see if the claims really do work in 30 days. I'll probably feel like dying by the end of the 30 days and will need a holiday for a break, but I'm determined that I'm going to give it 100% for 30 days!

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:04 pm

Fair enough :lol:

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:27 pm

Hello ladies
Its been a while I know!
The new year kickstarted me though! I started by doing an hour tics' and 20-40 mins with my cardio hoop every day but by day three my hips and knees were too bruised to keep hooping, so after some research I started the 30 day shred (Jillian Michaels) I am on day 9 of level one today and my tics will be hour 10 today I think.
I have lost...4 0r 5 lbs since the start I think, but this is about exercise not weight loss anyway right?
Basically I want to tone enough to fit back into my good high waisted shorts.

I can't say that after the 10th hour of tics that I will have seen the differences promised, but I am more flexible and stronger.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:26 pm

I never saw the difference like the video show either Megan. I can only assume that the only way to get those results is to be shown exactly how each move should be executed, by a tics instructor or whatever.

Richard has rebuilt the xtrainer, so now I have no excuse for lack of cardio.....although I need motivation first :lol:
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Ladies I need help please! Exercise - what do i do?!

Ive got a gym membership and i plan on going to the gym 3 times a week and swimming once a week. My first question is what kind of thing do you think I should be doing in the gym? I want to make the most out of my work outs!

Also, should i be doing some at home too?

Is working out 4 times a week enough?

I'm not really into working out at home unless ive got a dvd to follow or something.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:34 pm

I replied on facebook, but do what you can, esp with your knees. it might be an idea to get a tailored programme at the gym & then as your fitness increases get it tweaked.

eta: Ooooooooooooooh, good lawd!!! 2 minutes on the half way to hard setting on my cross trainer & I was ready to die. Fuck.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:22 am

DreadstarMonstar wrote:I replied on facebook, but do what you can, esp with your knees. it might be an idea to get a tailored programme at the gym & then as your fitness increases get it tweaked.

eta: Ooooooooooooooh, good lawd!!! 2 minutes on the half way to hard setting on my cross trainer & I was ready to die. Fuck.
Cheers hun :) I think I will :D

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:50 am

I'm reviving this thread before it slides off the end of the page and we all revert to our slovenly ways. I do hope people are too busy exercising to post and not reverting already.

Personally, I've been a bit slack; figuratively and literally, both. I find it hard to set aside time for concerted exercise when I'm very busy but I do try to counter it with more walking where possible and I do a bit of 'tics most days to keep me right. I have done two aerobic workouts in the past week though and feel better for it.

I have made a pact with myself to get fit and stay fit once I've closed the business. I'll have to really, as I will definitely have time and won't be able to use that as an excuse. How is everybody else getting on?

Gracey xx

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:09 am

Sadly, my exercise regime has kind of gone down the pan lately. I blame going on holiday in February. I never quite got back on track after that. However, there's no time like the present, so I'm now getting back on track with the exercise and not making any more excuses for lack of exercise. Today will be a weight lifting session with the OH when he gets home from the gym. He really pushes me hard on these sessions, so I will be very sore tomorrow. I am also reverting back to phase 1 of the 30-day shred to get myself back into it, which will begin tomorrow (and in light of the session I will be doing today, will likely be incredibly painful!)

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:59 pm

I think we all worked harder when this thread was active. Moral support is worth so much.

Yesterday, I got up at 6:30 and by 8am I had completed an upper body workout, an abs and back workout and a lower body workout. Feeling great today.

Gracey xx

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:02 pm

My exercise regime has gone a bit meh too, but I'm keen to get back on it! Now the snow is gone, I can run again. I was planning to have a run at the weekend, then I got ill. I'm also working a little extra this week, so it's quite late when I get back, but I'm going to try to at least get some weights done (have been doing that still, but a bit sporadically) and back with regular running when I'm back to finishing at my regular time, being light later also helps!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:42 pm

My kids bought me new dumbells and a new mat for Mother's Day. I wish I had known that when I was exercising in the lounge with baked beans cans while they were still sleeping.

Gracey xx

Battlesheep

Post by Battlesheep » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:30 am

I must become motivated to exercise more.
I used to go ride my bike for an hour at the park next to me, until it became too full of weird people. And unfortunately, the closest gym I have is 15-20 minutes away on the side of a hill and it's sooo small I have to wait for an hour to get on one of the 2 treadmills.
So, that leaves training at home. Which is a shame, because strength training at the gym is what I would need for my incorrect posture and muscle pains that come from that. I try to work out on the wii fit for now and when I am more used to it I will try to move on to another game I have which has harder aerobics and muscle training. I have even bought dumbbells and an exercise ball, but I rarely use them as I always think "I'll exercise tomorrow!". :(

I *will* try to exercise tomorrow!!
*boing!*

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:38 am

My exercise routine has gone down the pan and I'm not really sure why. I was spending 5 days a week at the gym and was really loving going. But now the thought of it I hate so haven't been going and I tried working out but on day two i stopped as I was so tired. I don't know how to get motivated for it again :(

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:56 pm

There is no easy way Mon, unfortunately all you can do is force yourself :lol: the weather has helped me get my arse out running today.

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Zumba tonight. Its more fun than I expected it to be and the woman who does it is so nice. :)

Other than that though, my exercise has faltered a bit. :(
*Rule Obsessor*

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”