The exercise thread.

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
ShadowThrone

Re: The exercise thread.

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:02 am

Been doing a lot of cardio this last month, and I feel a lot fitter, can go faster and longer on the bike :D

Need to add a bit more strength training.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:33 am

I've decided I want rid of my fat....or as much as possible anyway. Trouble is, I have no idea how. I know doing tics alone isn't going to cut it. Is it as basic as increasing my cardio?

I've just googled "best way to lose fat" and one of the first websites states to fast of juice for 10 days. Somehow I don't think that's the best way :?
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:21 am

I think the juice thing will get rid of body mass, but you'd probably be burning muscle as well.

Cardio is the best way I think, but strength training will also keep calories burning after you've worked out, and is generally good for you. I think cardio has worked well for me with weight loss, gah I was just looking in the mirror hating my belly though, I've lost fat everywhere, but the belly is still too big, damn thing.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:44 am

Yeah, I think I might start back up on the "Shaun T" cardio. It kills me, but my gut has got to go. I look fine stood up :lol:
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:54 am

:lol: mine is vastly immproved from how it was last year, but yeah, sitting down it's bloody awful!

Is that the insanity thing? Maybe I can try that now I'm fitter. Probably still kill me though!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:36 pm

Yeah, it is. I've done the fit test & I was so out of breath, you know the throat burn out of breath? THAT.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:42 am

I know what you mean Sarah! I may have a look on youtube, if it's there, see how evil it looks!

Damn right Madii, I can't see why anyone would try that, it must be miserable, not to mention what it does to your body. There's no quick fix. People always think there is when they ask about my recent weight loss. 'Tell me your secrets!' ermmm, strict calorie controlled diet and working out a lot, no junk etc. 'Oh' :lol:

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:11 pm

I have no intention to do such a thing Madi, my dear. I know it is stupid.

I'm just shit with "diets" I eat everything in moderation. I don't like fried foods, most chocolates/sweets. I know I need to get some cardio in (or more than I'm currently doing)

I'm mostly happy with my size, I just get the odd "ugh" moment with my belly flab.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:30 pm

Know how you feel there, Sarah.
I've lost approximately half a stone now, not a lot but I've lost inches off both my hips and waist. I'm really happy!

Had to skip out on Zumba today. I had a go but within the first 2 or 3 minutes my legs were like jelly and I felt like I was going to throw up. My teacher said I looked like death warmed up and told me to go home. So now there I am and snuggled up in a blanket.

Hope I can beat this nasty coldy type thing and get back to it.

And the thought of crash dieting just makes me feel a bit ill. I'd much rather eat healthily and lose weight gradually than try out some stupid fad that will in no way benefit me.
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

CancerHybrid

Post by CancerHybrid » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:36 am

hey everyone
i haven't been on here in like a month and a half. broke up with the bf and moved. my current apartment has no internet and we wont be getting it till the new year :(
things have been super busy with moving, school and my job, so i have only gotten a few official workouts in lately
i've been chillen' at 120lbs without watching my intake and i have been able to keep my toned physique 8-)
now that i am finally settled in i plan on getting back into my old workout routine

how is everyone else?
*Manda*

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:56 pm

I am *finally* starting to see results with my new exercise regime - I haven't lost any lbs on the scales yet, but my clothes are getting looser, people are starting to notice that I've lost some weight, and I've had to go down a bra size. Whoopee! I also managed to bench press 30kg at the weekend, but nearly managed 40kg. If I hadn't already been tired when I tried 40kg, I reckon I would've had it! This is now my mission for this Sunday's training session.
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:31 pm

That's amazing, I can barely lift an amp of my OH's which is 25 kilos :lol: scary when I think of how much weight I've lost, and was carrying it around all that time and can't even lift it!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:40 pm

I have had a bit of a lull after my holiday where I replaced regular workouts with regular scoffing of duty-free chocolate.

I did a half-arsed attempt at some aerobics last week, as I'm nursing a nasty injury courtesy of my 6'3", 15 stone nephew deciding I looked strong enough for him to rugby tackle. I took his entire running weight on my ankle, which has rendered the entire of my foot a veritable kalidescope of colour. But it has stopped hurting and the swelling has gone down so I ventured as far as step aerobics this morning, followed by an abs workout and some lower-body torture. It wasn't as horrendous as I expected it to be after three lazy weeks, but tomorrow might be a different story.

I was going to share with you some snapshots as, for the first time in my life, I wasn't thoroughly repulsed at pictures of me in a bikini. But photoshop isn't liking me today so you have been spared for now.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:22 pm

I have been incredibly lazy this week, partially due to reasons beyond my control. I went to the gym later than usual on Monday evening after being stuck on a phone call at work until 6pm (I finish at 5pm), only to find that the area that I usually do my kettlebell/weight toning in was being used for a martial arts class and I couldn't do my usual workout. So I did some cardio on the cross trainer instead, but only managed 20mins as my ipod decided to die. Which then meant that I couldn't go jogging Tuesday or Wednesday morning as I do intervals and time myself with playlists on my ipod, and had nothing to time myself to. Eventually got a new MP3 player, and went to the gym Thursday evening to do my usual cardio, which was fine, but was incredibly lazy on Friday and didn't go, but then saw on FB that the gym is now running a class on Friday evenings as well, so there is now no day in the week that I can use the toning room to do my workout after work, as there is a class on after work every evening. So now I have to completely change my routine, and I'm a bit annoyed about it!
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Sharing a few holiday pics with you girls, as they are relevant to this thread.

Callanetics with my daughter:

The beach bum in action:

And final one, which is cross posted.

I'm pretty chuffed to have got to a point where I'd wear a bikini, let alone like a bikini shot enough to post it. The work was worth it.

Gracey xx

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:01 pm

Looking good Gracey, your hard work paid off! The Callanetics pic is cute.

I hope I can wear a bikini one day. It's kind of a goal of mine. I haven't worn one since I was about 12. From how my stomach is now, I'm pretty sure I'll be left with loose skin, I'll see the extent of it when I've lost more fat. I've read it can take the body/skin a year to recover from a large weight loss, so I hope I can use exercise to help with the skin.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:22 am

I haven't done much on the form of exercise recently, unless you cross running about like a buffoon at work exercise, I've cross posted this image from the WW thread.

November last year & today. I know my progress isn't as AMAZING as some others but I'm pretty pleased with my results, I finally lost that last inch from my bottom which I have had for er, 3 years I think. Topshops size 14 fits me, so that pleases me immensely! :lol:

I'm gonna keep at it, doing tics whenever I can. I honesty can't see me getting any smaller, but meh. For those interested, I measure: 36, 33, 42. A friend commented on my "hourglass" figure, I laughed. "dah-ling, I'm a pear, not an hourglass" :P

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:40 am

Funnily enough Sarah, when I saw that pic on fb, I thought you were looking smaller :) looking good!

Just did my morning bike torture.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:28 am

I had to compare it to an old one just to check :lol: My mother in law said I'd lost weight last time she saw me & she's never, ever commented before so who knows.

I'm hoping to get some time later to do some tics.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:32 am

Looking great, Sarah. Good posture, too.

Gracey xx

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:56 am

Eurgh, I have been feeling ill for a few days, I have exercised Monday and Tuesday, but I am feeling a bit more ill today, sore throat and my chest hurts a bit. Someone assure me it's ok to miss out my cardio today, the guilt, the guilt! :lol:

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:28 am

Miss the cardio amy, its not the best thing when your poorly. Mayby try some yoga or callanetics, something that wont make your head feel like it will explode!
Lovely pics gracey and sarah, i can only hope my little short-arsed frame will one day look that lean and slender :)

My physio had me jogging for 2mins on a treadmil last week. It hurt at the end like but im kind of seeing that as an indicator that im now ready to start going back to boxercise :D
I do my first session tonight so il let you know how i go.
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:07 pm

patricia*star wrote:i can only hope my little short-arsed frame will one day look that lean and slender :)
:lol: That's what I want too. I didn't do the cardio, just lifted some weights so I did something

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm a short-arse too Lisa. I wish I could look as sleek and willowy as Sarah but I'm resigned to being tank-shaped.

Nice to see you back on the thread, just please be kind to your poor knee.

Gracey xx

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:03 pm

You're not tank shaped!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”