Imaginary Friends

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
space_waste

Imaginary Friends

Post by space_waste » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:51 pm

I've just had a chat with a friend about this & thought it would be a cool idea for the board to share what imaginary friends we had as kids. Kids have the coolest imaginations.

My friend's friend was a little seal pup she'd keep in her pocket & she'd take him out & let him sit on her hand while they talked & played together. What an adorable idea!

I actually had 7 imaginary friends, but they were all the same woman in different stages of her life. My favourite, of course, was the kid my age. There was an old woman & a toddler too, along with all ages in between. I'd only talk to one of them at a time, but the rest would be stood nearby, watching approvingly.
I cant remember her name & neither can my mum, but she remembers it wasn't a usual name. That must've been pretty awkward for my mum actually: Me making up an imaginary alternative maternal figure.

xalternmommyx

Re: Imaginary Friends

Post by xalternmommyx » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:25 pm

i had an imaginary pet. he was like dino from the flinstones, atleast thats the best discription i can give lol. I named him Taco, and thats all he would eat,were tacos. my mom had bought me one of those invisible dogs on a leash (basically a stiff rope attached to a stiff colar, so it had looked like you were walking something invisable) just so i could walk Taco. lol I dont have much else memory of him but my littlest sister went through the imaginary friend phase hers was quite morbid. well atleast we label it as imaginary since we did research and all and found nothing. But she had a "imaginary friend" who she just called the little girl she explained that she was dead, when we asked what she looked like she said she was her age (6) and had a knife in her head. but they played together and she said she made the little girl smile by playing with her.

°«Belle»°

Post by °«Belle»° » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:35 pm

xalternmommyx wrote:my littlest sister went through the imaginary friend phase hers was quite morbid. well atleast we label it as imaginary since we did research and all and found nothing. But she had a "imaginary friend" who she just called the little girl she explained that she was dead, when we asked what she looked like she said she was her age (6) and had a knife in her head. but they played together and she said she made the little girl smile by playing with her.
Oh my! That really is quite creepy! Like when children and dogs just stare into an empty space, or point into thin air. I can remember Kodi saying "Hello!" to nothing a lot. Very strange!
I can't really remember having an imaginary friend but I know I used to talk to myself a lot. I'll have to ask my ma if she remembers. Kodi has an imaginary friend called Dan. Sometimes she says he is like a brother but she also says that she's going to marry him! :lol: He sits on the swing next to her at the park and Kodi likes to take an extra biscuit so Dan can have one too. :mrgreen:
'Because I'm way more HARDCORE!'
Mummy to Kodi Michelle Autumn and Erin Rose

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:43 pm

I never had one, my brothers didn't either. My elder son hasn't. meh. I don't get it. I know it's perfectly normal for kids to have imaginary friends, but yeah, I dont understand.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:26 pm

Oh god, I spent much of my childhood in a whole separate world, filled with spirits, mysteries and small emergencies of my own imagining. There wasn't so much imaginary friends, as an entire cast of folks who were there with me. I was fixated with the Georgian era and had multitudes of scenarios I would work through. Mostly, I was a scullery maid; very dilligent and beloved of my masters.

Aside from that, I had a host of imaginary pets. Most notably horses, which was pretty much a constant thing. When we were in the car, I was usually driving a trap, or sometimes they were in a horsebox behind us. I took great care of them in the hope that my parents would notice and get me a real one. It never happened.

I also had a rock that served as a substitute hamster. It lived in a shoebox that I cleaned out and everything. I must have had a thing for hamsters, as i distinctly remember telling a teacher that was what I was going to be when I grew up. That's what you get for telling your kids, 'You can be anything you want to be, my darling.'
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

miss_mortisha

Post by miss_mortisha » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:41 am

small imaginary clowns that used to come out and play for me on the top of my wardrobe... very weird i still remember them as clearly now as i did then!!!
"never be afraid to reach for the sky, for if you fall, you'll land among the stars"
Mummy to Alyssia Teia Hope - 17th Jan 2010

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:38 pm

I had a little mouse called Timothy, i think it came from one of my aunties who used to tell me she had a mouse called Timmy and if i was very good he would come out to play

as i got older, Timothy gained more friends including two white mice and a gerbil among others i cant really remember! must of had a thing for mice and mouse-like animals, i owned a lot of pet mice later on in life

my brother used to do the 'talking to thin air' thing when he was little, i remember my dad telling me about him saying goodbye to someone when he got out of the car to go to nursery, and finding him talking to no one while he was playing in his room!
i dont know if i ever did that, i vaguely remember a little girl but im not sure if im making that up :?

brandalynn

Post by brandalynn » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:31 pm

My son currently has a "drop dead fred" if anyone has seen that movie. He calls is friend Loon and drew a picture of him. Just a regular boy from what I could see of the picture. Anytime my son does something that is completely off from his normal behavior, he insists Loon did it. He has not seen the movie Drop Dead Fred, but it's kinda funny how many similarities there are.

When he was younger, he had a fascination with imaginary bunnies. He would chase them and carefully grab them up and put them in an imaginary basket to "save them". His grandma got in on the game and they would have alot of fun with it. One night, my son cried out as if from a horrid nightmare. I ran to him and he was crying real tears. He said he was petting one of the bunnies and it bit him. I kinda felt bad, but I couldn't keep from laughing my ass off! :lol:
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:58 pm

Yeah, I grew up an only child. I just don't remember much of my childhood anymore! I used to talk to myself a lot, but can't remember if I did have imaginary friends or not. I still do talk to myself *ie thinking out loud* ROFL.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:30 am

I never had any. I never had much of an imagination as a child, all my play fantasies basically involved me replacing the lead actress in whatever film I liked best. I thought I was Sandy from Grease for most of my childhood.

MissPlastik

Post by MissPlastik » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:33 am

rivetlicker_ wrote:Yeah, I grew up an only child. I just don't remember much of my childhood anymore! I used to talk to myself a lot, but can't remember if I did have imaginary friends or not. I still do talk to myself *ie thinking out loud* ROFL.
XD I still talk to myself when im making things....

making jewellery i'll say what goes on the string next, but I normally just do it when iv made some kind of mistake...like..stef you're an idiot etc O_o

not crazy...honest :P

FaerieGirl

Post by FaerieGirl » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:08 am

I kind of remember pretending to be a puppy when I was little up until we got one when I was six. Then I started telling my mom and dad when I went outside to play that I was a faerie princess and had business to attend to. I guess I was my own imaginary friend...?
Taking over the world, one cupcake at a time. http://www.facebook.com/pages/CausticCu ... 7885476928
CURRENTLY TAKING ORDERS

hellcity

Post by hellcity » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:01 am

Mrs Mouse. She was horribly ill behaved and I copped the blame for every naughty thing that damned mouse did.

What?
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in. - Homer Simpson

blog + violet.crime design facebook + personal facebook

angeleyes90

Post by angeleyes90 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:31 pm

i used to have an imaginary friend called Dario and he was so annoying lol

SdSiNthetics

Post by SdSiNthetics » Fri May 06, 2011 11:56 am

I developed high fevers from illness a lot when I was younger so my imaginary friend turned out to be an hallucination from that, but was always in a hospital gown, looked very similar to myself he was happy, my head creating something out of my fear of being unwell and hospitals, that and I was nasty to him, but I think anyone would react a little badly if a nine year old in a hospital gown turned up in their bedroom :D
Hair fanatic, dread addict

hatemekillme

Post by hatemekillme » Fri May 06, 2011 12:13 pm

MissPlastik wrote:
rivetlicker_ wrote:Yeah, I grew up an only child. I just don't remember much of my childhood anymore! I used to talk to myself a lot, but can't remember if I did have imaginary friends or not. I still do talk to myself *ie thinking out loud* ROFL.
XD I still talk to myself when im making things....

making jewellery i'll say what goes on the string next, but I normally just do it when iv made some kind of mistake...like..stef you're an idiot etc O_o

not crazy...honest :P
I think most people talk to themselves occasionally as long as your not answering yourself and having real conversations with yourself it's not too weird :)

hatemekillme

Post by hatemekillme » Fri May 06, 2011 12:18 pm

I didn't have any imaginary friends there's been a couple times when my son invented little friends..Like when he was 2 he pretended to have a baby spider it was sad though because I was working alot at the time, he told me baby spider was sad I asked why he said because baby spider wants his mommy I asked him where baby spiders mommy was he said shes at work than he started crying. :i3: Than we moved out of state around that same time and he used to roll the ball to no one and say roll it back Antwon (that was one of his friends from before we moved) I would ask him what he was doing he would just say playing with Antwon...That made me kind of sad too because he missed his friend :(

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri May 06, 2011 1:02 pm

woolhairhabit wrote: Aside from that, I had a host of imaginary pets. Most notably horses, which was pretty much a constant thing. When we were in the car, I was usually driving a trap, or sometimes they were in a horsebox behind us. I took great care of them in the hope that my parents would notice and get me a real one. It never happened.
This could have been written by me...I was obsessed with palomino horses and when there was one at the stables I used to ride at I nearly died of excitement. I was always riding imaginary horses and writing stories about them...generally involving me going on magical adventures on them and finding treasure and helping to save the townsfolk from dragons and stuff :lol:

Oh and I also had a broom that allowed me to communicate with aliens...Plus I spent one summer when I was about 4 as a kangaroo with a teddy shoved down the front of my trousers and me bouncing everywhere.

So yeah, not imaginary friends as such but I was an odd child.
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

SdSiNthetics

Post by SdSiNthetics » Fri May 06, 2011 2:18 pm

ScarletLady wrote: Oh and I also had a broom that allowed me to communicate with aliens...Plus I spent one summer when I was about 4 as a kangaroo with a teddy shoved down the front of my trousers and me bouncing everywhere.

So yeah, not imaginary friends as such but I was an odd child.

I had a marble egg which I believed did the same, I think all children are strange in their own rights at the moment my daughter is just starting to form chatter and spend hours lining up her my little ponies and then consults them like some form of adorable army, she almost sounds threatening, it's quite amusing to watch.

the teddy thing reminds me of my "accidental" viewing of the alien film, after that I spent a week with my ET plushie hanging out of my jumper claiming he was bursting out of me like some sort of monster :)
Hair fanatic, dread addict

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Sat May 07, 2011 8:04 pm

I can't remember anything of mine, although I did always act out all sorts of scenarios from the Victorian era. I used to act them out the same with Barbies too.

My mates little girl is the funniest though! The other day she was crawling around on the floor and barking like she was a dog. Then she did an imaginary poop on the carpet and wouldn't stop barking until someone had cleaned it up. I could have pissed myself!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”