The WoW thread

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
night_wolf

The WoW thread

Post by night_wolf » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:29 pm

So ladies, possibly boys, who plays WoW?

I currently play as Horde on the Vashj EU server, with a level 80 belf hunter, I do from time to time to play on the Sha'tar as a night elf druid or death knight, but it varies.

So what are you doing on WoW? Raiding? Grinding?

ps. I got my albino drake last night, woo!

Lorny

Re: The WoW thread

Post by Lorny » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:31 pm

I'm currently trying to level my Huntard to 80 before the new expansion. I'm 70 as of last night, so I have a long way to go yet. Problem is that I'm so damn crap at it. I don't know the class or my spec and I can't control my pet at all, so I'm all round pants! I thoroughly believe I'm rogue through and through.

Gz on the mount!

Miss Cydonia

Post by Miss Cydonia » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:37 pm

Im on the Alonsus server, my main is a lvl 75 nelf druid-which ive had for 4 years lol!! Ive been playing on and off since 2006 and at the mo Im leveling up an undead priest with my fiance and his best mate :shock:
We've just hit a really grind-tastic point of the game tho so enjoying it is hard going when you need 20 x headbands per party member etc.....
Im worried that Cataclysm is gonna take place whilst Im out of the country-I would like to be around on the release date. looking forward to a Worgen :)

"the strength of us all could demolish a wall-
but you chose to walk through the door"

*Miss Cydonia-Muse fan since 1999 (keeper of the Arpeggios)*

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:41 pm

Lorny wrote:I'm currently trying to level my Huntard to 80 before the new expansion. I'm 70 as of last night, so I have a long way to go yet. Problem is that I'm so damn crap at it. I don't know the class or my spec and I can't control my pet at all, so I'm all round pants! I thoroughly believe I'm rogue through and through.

Gz on the mount!
If you ever need any advice I'm around, although let it be said I'm one of the few survival hunters left at 80, I just prefer it! :lol:

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:44 pm

Ah yes, I forgot we can talk server to server now! To be honest, I need all the help I can get. It's shameful to say, but I am your classic 'carried' player. I get where I am cuz I have a tank/healer boyfriend. Now I'm all alone and have no idea what to do!

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:45 pm

Lorny wrote:Ah yes, I forgot we can talk server to server now! To be honest, I need all the help I can get. It's shameful to say, but I am your classic 'carried' player. I get where I am cuz I have a tank/healer boyfriend. Now I'm all alone and have no idea what to do!
I tend to only use real id with those I've met personally, but to be honest I doubt any of you girls are idiots and could find my email address regardless. :lol:

Hunters are easy, it's just getting to know your pet a bit better, I struggled for ages as I levelled practically by myself all the way, it was boring and infuriating!

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:50 pm

That's where you're wrong! I have no idea how I'd find the email address of someone without them telling me. :lol:

I also wouldn't just add you if I did find it cuz that is rude!

Miss Cydonia

Post by Miss Cydonia » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:52 pm

I havnt looked into this readID thing at all since it came out, but I logged in the other day to find I had a "friend request" I thought-how odd? Turns out its some guy I used to know and it said he'd connect through (or because of) Facebook. Can anyone explain this to me? How my facebook account is linked to my Wow account?

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Your Facebook might show your email address? That's what it is, you use an email address to add them as a person as opposed to adding just a character.

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Lorny wrote:Your Facebook might show your email address? That's what it is, you use an email address to add them as a person as opposed to adding just a character.
^ Most likely this. You can only add someone through their email or player name, so I'd imagine you have your email poking around somewhere.

I am more than willing to add on people on WoW from here if they wish, although I think pm'ing the email might be best.

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:07 pm

night_wolf wrote:
Lorny wrote:Your Facebook might show your email address? That's what it is, you use an email address to add them as a person as opposed to adding just a character.
^ Most likely this. You can only add someone through their email or player name, so I'd imagine you have your email poking around somewhere.

I am more than willing to add on people on WoW from here if they wish, although I think pm'ing the email might be best.
Of course! I only have a set few friends who can see my address and stuff on my profile, so I certainly wouldn't want any old Tom, Dick or Harry getting info!

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:28 pm

I'm on Mazrigos, I'm happy to add anyone to real ID. I figure talking to people on wow is exactly the same as talking to someone on MSN and I'll give that address out no problem. If you're a tit, I'll just block you ;)

[removed] if anyone wants to distract me from my ICC failpugs. Then I will have a decent excuse for crap DPS :D

My smart arse of a boyfriend just pointed out that my email address is part of the log in process for wow and therefore posting it publically on a forum which is cached by google is probably not such a great idea in terms of account security. If you want to add me to real ID give me a poke and I'll PM you it.
Last edited by Dystopatica on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Yanno, seeing all you girls play it makes me want to play too:(

But I once bought a trial version... And spent over 24 hours trying to patch it and then only 30 minutes of play time before I decided I couldn't get into it very easily.

Somehow I have managed up with a version of the original and then the first expansion with unused keys... And I've had them probably something ridiculous like for three years... Maybe I should just... try... again? I mean... What harm right?... Right?!
*Rule Obsessor*

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:37 pm

Go for it! I suppose it goes without saying that it isn't for everyone but it certainly deserves a fair chance!

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:52 pm

Lorny wrote:Go for it! I suppose it goes without saying that it isn't for everyone but it certainly deserves a fair chance!
^

I'd say if you get us lot on real id it'd be easy for you to get into it a bit more! I was much the same when I started!

Dystopatica I'll add you now.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:27 pm

I rerolled on Dragonblight when I reinstalled as I have friends on there, currently have a Dwarf Hunter and a Human Rogue (who I HATE... I can only play Rogues as an Undead ugh). I feel like I am betraying my Horde roots :P

feel free to add me on realID - amy.frehley[at]googlemail[dot]com

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:38 am

Yeah add me too, I don't care who gets my address, the more the merrier! It's separate to my regular email and I use an authenticator: x_Lorn_x@hellokitty.com

I need to get my rogue back into alli with my boyfriend cuz I haven't played it since January (stopped cuz we wanted to save a bit of money), and I've forgotten everything and now I can't go into raids and stuffs!

I have pretty s**t hot dps though, was always top unless there was a mage (f***ing over aggro-ing all the time!) or there was a combat rogue with a good gear combo. I'm mutilate rogue but I'm still learning about gear and that just cuz it says it's a higher item level, doesn't mean the stats are going to be better for you. Sometimes a lower gs and knowing your spec is better than a higher gs.

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:22 am

Girls I'll add you at some point today and send my email via pm so you know it's me. I'm very skittish about emails after being hacked when I had 15k in my bag (I got the battered hilt a while ago and got 17k for it.)

But yes, I'll add you lot later and bug you when I get the chance :)

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:35 pm

Hmm :) 80 Lock, 80 Huntard, 80 Druid, 70 DK, 41 Shaman... I think I may play too much.

Billie

Post by Billie » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:40 am

My friend got me started off a cpl of months ago and I started with a hunter, didn't really enjoy it that much so now I'm leveling my belf rogue (currently 62, I'm supposed to reach 80 before Cataclysm) on the Sha'tar. I don't consider myself very good at it but I'm learning! I'm in a very helpful guild and I'm taking advantage of it so hopefully I'll be good enough to raid when I get to 80.

We've got another guild on Steenwheedle Cartel (hunter for some reason...), leveling a bunch of trolls during server maintenance.

Feel free to add me!
rockabillie@live.se

xtine

Post by xtine » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:26 am

Ahhhh I totally have an 80 undead rogue and 80 blood elf death knight on Shattered Halls! I cancelled my subscription at the beginning of summer but I think now that I have a job and can afford to support my habit, I'm going to bring it back! Definitely for the new expansion.

Sophrodisiac

Post by Sophrodisiac » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:51 am

Wow, so many people play it (no pun intended ;))

I started playing it recently with my boyfriend. We have two computers in the same room so we can discuss gameplay :lol:
Just reached level 20 (undead warrior) and got my first mount, how exiting hehe
I like bubbles.. :)
Dread it and Rave
SOPHI BUBBLE =)

Miss Cydonia

Post by Miss Cydonia » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:46 am

Sophrodisiac wrote:I started playing it recently with my boyfriend. We have two computers in the same room so we can discuss gameplay :lol:
same here!! In fact he bought me a laptop specifically for the purpose of playing Wow together!!

Then I had to fight and fight with Blizzard to let them send my main char from his account to mine. We had to email them passports/wedding documents (!),/our flat tenancy etc to prove we wernt trying to sell characters. I got my main transferred in the end

Sophrodisiac

Post by Sophrodisiac » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:56 am

Ouch O_o what a mishion, though i suppose i can see why they do it. But still, wedding and flat documents!
I like bubbles.. :)
Dread it and Rave
SOPHI BUBBLE =)

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:11 pm

I find it's the best way, but still they at least ask for your driving licence when you want your stuff back after its been hacked. So it's not that surprising.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”