Engagement / Wedding Thread

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
patricia*star

Re: Engagement / Wedding Thread

Post by patricia*star » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:45 pm

stinamoo wrote:Any chance of getting the parents to pay for the kid's dresses? Just giving them a colour scheme/style?
My future mother in law has said this morning that because we are not having top-hat and tails she will pay for the bridesmaid dresses, i think this only goes for the kids dresses but thats still awesome coz it was them that i was worried about!

Amy, no matter what anyone says - stick to your guns, coz once you have one bridesmaid it bloody escalates and it never stops! :lol:
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 pm

:lol: some friends I've known since school always went on about it, but now I'm actually getting married, no-ones said anything about it!

Good luck with the dresses ;)

cherrybombdreads

Post by cherrybombdreads » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:38 am

I know what you feel about having like 12 bridesmaids!

I picked 3, my best mate and my fiances 2 little sisters, but now EVERYONE wants to be one :/

I might just be like if you want to be a bridesmaid go for it, but you have to buy your own dress and shoes haha

Although I'll end up with around 10 :/
http://www.cherrybombdreads.webs.com High Quality Roving and Synthetic Dreads!

miss_mortisha

Post by miss_mortisha » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:53 am

cherrybombdreads wrote:I know what you feel about having like 12 bridesmaids!

I picked 3, my best mate and my fiances 2 little sisters, but now EVERYONE wants to be one :/

I might just be like if you want to be a bridesmaid go for it, but you have to buy your own dress and shoes haha

Thats pretty much what i said to my friends!! i have 7 bridesmaids, told them the colours i wanted them to wear and said go find a dress that you wanna wear!! so much easier!
"never be afraid to reach for the sky, for if you fall, you'll land among the stars"
Mummy to Alyssia Teia Hope - 17th Jan 2010

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:26 pm

cherrybombdreads wrote:I know what you feel about having like 12 bridesmaids!

I keep being told that I need to have Paul's cousin (all 6 girls!), my sisters (2 of them), my cousins (6 of them). I told everyone that it'll be mine and Paul's day - not anyone elses!

You decide who you want Cherry, if they don't like it, they don't have to show up ;)

cherrybombdreads

Post by cherrybombdreads » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:34 pm

I'm offically getting excited now!

It's all sort of coming together, going to look at another reception venue tomorrow. Will most likely be a TA centre but it's hugeeee apparently.

I so want to become a wedding planner haha!

xx
http://www.cherrybombdreads.webs.com High Quality Roving and Synthetic Dreads!

starlight

Post by starlight » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:24 pm

:D

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:06 pm

starlight wrote:Image
:D
oooh wow, what a pretty ring!!!

Congratulations :D

I shall warn you now though - dont get over excited and ask the whole world and their sister to be your bridesmaids! :lol: :lol:

And also, be prepared to stare dreamily at your ring everytime it sparkles and be surprised how pretty public toilet lighting makes it look. This will last for atleast 2yrs (im at almost 3 and it still hasnt worn off!)
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

starlight

Post by starlight » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:09 pm

patricia*star wrote:
oooh wow, what a pretty ring!!!

Congratulations :D

I shall warn you now though - dont get over excited and ask the whole world and their sister to be your bridesmaids! :lol: :lol:

And also, be prepared to stare dreamily at your ring everytime it sparkles and be surprised how pretty public toilet lighting makes it look. This will last for atleast 2yrs (im at almost 3 and it still hasnt worn off!)
:lol: Thanks! How many bridesmaids do you have..?

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:53 pm

at the moment..... 12 :shock:

I have 7 who i picked and then the rest are my OH's cousins little girls who i have ended up with because his younger brother (who is getting married in august) has NOT asked them to be bridesmaids and this upset his mam so my OH agreed to it :roll:

On the plus side though his mam is going to pay for the dresses so its not all bad!

Just be very careful, its a slippery slope! :lol:

°«Belle»°

Post by °«Belle»° » Wed May 04, 2011 8:37 pm

miss_mortisha wrote:Thats pretty much what i said to my friends!! i have 7 bridesmaids, told them the colours i wanted them to wear and said go find a dress that you wanna wear!! so much easier!
Really?! Awesome. Are you guys having secret bridesmaid meetings with out me?!! First I knew about being a bridesmaid was when you told me you'd chosen a colourscheme! Keep me in the loop chicky!
'Because I'm way more HARDCORE!'
Mummy to Kodi Michelle Autumn and Erin Rose

Pixie1802

Post by Pixie1802 » Mon May 23, 2011 7:48 pm

Congratulations to all of you engaged ladies. All of the Wedding photos are gorgeous too.

Myself and my boyfriend just got engaged..... and I'm already planning the wedding even though it isn't until 2013.
Exist to Inspire and Expand Your Imagination - Jeffrey Nero Hardy

Loric

Post by Loric » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Originally me and the fella were planning a small registry do at the local town hall with just a few witnessess and then a piss up in my usual pub, but i've since found out due to a long lost relative i'm coming in to some unexpected money so i figured i never intend to get married again so i may as well go the whole hog with it. So its a posh place and i'm even having a big wedding dress. My problem now is how to do my hair. the colour scheme is cream olive and chocolate brown. i know a full head off kk dreads will annoy me all day so i'm planning on thin cream roving dreads with the olive green and chocolate brown accents, but i want a proper updo with them not just tied back out of my face. Any ideas?
I know the problem with having so many people you want to add as bridesmaids, so far i have y best friend and the fellas two little sisters. but then theres my half sister and 4 other really good friends i want to have as well i just dont want to over do it though. so far the fellas best friend will be best man my son and my best friends boy will be page boys but then theres the fellas two brothers (and who ever else his mum is fostering at the time). hmmmm not good, i dont want to leave people out but then i dont want to have more stress and the more people = the more stress *shrugs*. At least i have 2 years to get it all sorted. (i know it seems early to be thinking about it all but if i can get most of the planning done and out of the way its less to worry about as it gets closer).
I'm also thinking of having a candy buffet. A place nearby does topiary trees made out of sweets.... i already have a chocolate fountain... Problem is i cant decide if its too tacky or not for the place we want to have it in (A huge 17th century hall that until about 20 years ago was owned by the Queen). I love the idea of it but things could get very sticky very fast, especially with my son anywhere near it.

DesolateBeloved

Post by DesolateBeloved » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:03 am

As of Halloween night...I'm ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!! *squee*

SO happy. I have one of the most romantic men ever to exist. <3 :i2:

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:43 am

Congrats :D

Funny this thread is around again because...I'M GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

For those who didn't know, which is possibly no-one :oops:

venus

Post by venus » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:11 pm

ShadowThrone wrote:Congrats :D

Funny this thread is around again because...I'M GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

For those who didn't know, which is possibly no-one :oops:
Have a fantastic day, enjoy every minute x

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:30 am

Loric, just have as many bridesmaids as you want and get dresses that are slightly cheaper. I got really lucky, i found 3 of my 4 adults dresses in our local paper. Brand new and never worn. They only cost £90 each. I then got the same colour but slghtly different style for my sisters(maid of honour).

I only (ONLY?!) have 11 bridesmaids now. I wanted my cousin but shes just started planning her wedding and is having loads of bridesmaids but has no asked me. I wasnt that bothered but my mam and sister were livid about it and insisted i get rid :roll:

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:28 pm

I had one. A girl I worked with wanted to be one too, she asked if she could have MY dress in a different colour. I was not polite with my response. Also, a friend I hadn't seen for 2 years that I randomly bumped in to about a month before I was getting married asked me if she was still a bridesmaid (I'd never mentioned or asked her to be one - note the not seen her for 2 years :roll: )

On that note....I've been married 9 years in January.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:35 am

It's all over now, wow what a tiring day! Still feeling it 2 days later, sorting out presents and whatnot. Feels good to be married though :mrgreen:

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:47 pm

Congratulations to all those recently married and engaged.
I got married 3 years ago. We had the traditional wedding at church (that was my hubbys request, Im not at all into that, but as I had everything else my way I let him have that one). I did as much as I could myself gto reduce costs (I made all the invites, table decorations, favours and got my dress 1/2 price in a sale) and I shopped around like a maniac finding the lowest prices. Im glad I did, as we had an amazing day. Although over in a flash.

I had my hair natural coloured on the day, with a mass of great lengths pre-bonded extensions in.
Here is one of my fav piccies. I don't really like photos of myself, but these ones I quite like. Although looking back at the wedding now, the dress was slightly "gypsy wedding" as it was quite big. Loved it though.

http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

MegaBat

Post by MegaBat » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:55 pm

Whoo, this is an awesome thread! I've been planning stuff out recently so this is exciting to read!
I think we need more pictures though, I want to see hair and dresses, so pretty :D

Sharaya

Post by Sharaya » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:54 am

My husband and I got married about 3 years ago. I always imagined this totally unique wedding with me in a white latex buckled lip service dress and crazy colored hair and all kinds of things...but when I grew up and got right down to it I changed my mind, wanted my wedding pictures to be timeless. Here are a few pics:

:P

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Awww lovely pictures :)

Its my wedding two weeks on friday!!! Im so excited! Cant wait to show you some pictures :D

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:10 pm

Eeee I didn't know it was so soon, Lisa! Looking forward to your pics :D

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:28 pm

I know amy its come round so fast i dont know whats hit me!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”