Engagement / Wedding Thread

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
MrsEss

Re: Engagement / Wedding Thread

Post by MrsEss » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:59 am

yeah, totally. Who gives a crap. it's your day, my aunty asked if we were moving the day forward as I was pg O_o
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:01 am

Someone asked us if we were doing it so I get to stay in Norway. Even though I have all my papers :roll: CHARMING. If that were the case, we would have done it a year ago!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:03 am

Some people just have no tact or common sense! :roll:
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi everyone, i just found this thread! its been nice reading everyones storys.

Shadowthrone, have you tride www.rivendellbridal.com it has the nicest dresses ive ever seen but unfortunately they are far to expensive for me :oops:

My fav is the Guenivere dress. As soon as my other half asked me to marry im (almost 2 years ago now) i knew it was exactly what i wanted!
Im going to try to get it made by someone else but much cheaper!!

Does anyone have any advice on bridesmaid dresses? I made a fatal error by asking everyone but the kictchen sink when i was high on engagement fumes and now i have 4 adult and 3 little bridesmaids in waiting and i know theres no way i can afford proper bridesmaid merangues (not that i would want them!) :roll:
I was thinking of just getting dresses from new look or something like that to keep costs down. My colour theme is going to be rainbow so each bridesmaid will have a different colour dress.

Any advice ladies?
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:20 pm

The tall one and me started talking about weddings because his bloody Nan has decided it should be a family reunion! I said to him "Well you know what I think to that" (thhe answer is not in my lifetime thank you :lol:)!

But we had a look at some pretties on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Scape
Their jewelery is amazing! I think that's where we'd get our rings from. As they do customs, I would get something like this; and Paul eyed up this one. So we could get our rings for under £40 :shock: But then upon finding out his step Dad gets MASSES of discount at Monsoon, I started looking at more pretties on their website!

Me: Isabelle Dress
The Mums: Darelle Dress
My Sisters (bridesmaids): Ellie Dress

<3 Monsoon!

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Wow they are really nice rings, i like the thick one, very pretty.

I also had a nosey at your monsoon dress, it is beautiful! It just goes to show that wedding dresses dont always have to be thousands of pounds to be stunning and unique!

Family reunion? sounds expensive and also alot of work. Not good if you were planning something intimate either!
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:38 pm

We only want our really close friends and family for the acutal ceremony, clearing off to Paris over night and have a huge get together when we get back :)

There is one very similar to that in one of the charity shops near me for £125 in that style, and my size. :)

Thank you ^_^

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:42 pm

Those look nice PatriciaStar, but I think out of my budget :P

I'm glad the wedding isn't for a while so I can find a dress I like thats not too expensive!

I didn't know Monsoon did wedding dresses!

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:53 pm

ShadowThrone wrote:I didn't know Monsoon did wedding dresses!
Why yes, yes they do :D I think they look amazing :)

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:55 pm

I know, they are so expensive but very pretty. Makes me wish i had done dress making at college now so i could make things myself!!!

I havent set a date yet, waiting until i get a permanent job before we start anything so i have plenty of time to browse!

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:56 pm

patricia*star wrote:waiting until i get a permanent job before we start anything so i have plenty of time to browse!
I know that feeling :) It'll happen! Good luck! x

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:59 pm

Im keeping my fingers crossed, i want to get married before im 30 so ive got just under 3 years!!!!

Hope you find something too ;) Its really hard at the moment because of the govourment!

Miss Cydonia

Post by Miss Cydonia » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:00 pm

Omg, its my hen party this weekend-starting tonight. Im actually scared-my friends have planned some...surprises.... :i6:

"the strength of us all could demolish a wall-
but you chose to walk through the door"

*Miss Cydonia-Muse fan since 1999 (keeper of the Arpeggios)*

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Have fun!!!

I can't believe it's only month until I'm married...EXCITED!!!
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:42 pm

---
Last edited by patricia*star on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:22 pm

I don't think you should regret ever having past partners, but it seems like you had a bad time with him. Your OH probably knows this so why should he get hairy about it? Says more about his insecurity than anything if he does kick up a stink.

Just let your friend know it could be uncomfortable, and just try to stay out of his way. Let your OH know he will be there too so there are no surprises for him.

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:32 pm

---
Last edited by patricia*star on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:42 pm

I think you'd feel better if you talked to your OH about it hon - communication is key...if it's doing your head in that much, even if you know you're being silly about it then it's worth mentioning how you feel to him.

You'll probably find that it'll all be fine and afterwards you'll wonder what on Earth you were worried about :)

Before I was with my OH I was with my ex for 8 YEARS! f*****g ages! I have a lot of negative feeling about it but if I were faced with the same situation I'd talk to my OH about how I was feeling

* Queen of Tangents*

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:57 pm

Thanks girls, thats really good advice. I just need to get out of my own head i think, im such a weirdo, my head is a place where im constantly battling my common sense against my own neuroses. I do my head in!!!

depechemaid

Post by depechemaid » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:09 am

Well I am now an old married lady and loving it!:) Had a perfect day and a fab honeymoon in Rome:) Our laptop is broken so can't upload pics here (in work at the min sneakily using the internet) so have made my Wedding pics on Facebook public so you can all have a look:)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... 971adcbfa6
I love being married! *so soppy*
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of!

http://www.misswoowoo.tumblr.com

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:24 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

My wedding is exactly one month today!!

* Queen of Tangents*

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:05 pm

Congratulations!

Your pictures are great and your dress is gorgeous! where did you get it from? Im hoping for something similar but they are soo expensive!!

Good luck with your wedding day scarletlady, hope the sun shines for you!! ill keep my fingers crossed ;)

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:58 pm

Yes, congrats to you both.

I hope you don't mind....but I LOVE this photo:

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

depechemaid

Post by depechemaid » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:04 pm

Scarlet lady - Good luck, the time will fly by!

Patricia - My dress was from FairyGothMother and was actually really reasonably priced compared to the dresses I tried on in traditional bridal shops - fit like a dream too, no need for alterations etc, I recommend them!

DreadStarMonster - That is one of our faves too:)

x
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of!

http://www.misswoowoo.tumblr.com

Yuddith

Post by Yuddith » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:32 pm

We wed yesterday and it was just perfect. We have to wait for the official photo's though, our photographer has a few weeks of vacation atm ;)

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”