What really grinds your gears?

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
poxabomination

Re: What really grinds your gears?

Post by poxabomination » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:28 am

hahaha, thats definitely what I thought too just looking in! But when people are actually practiced at it they have different styles and variations between each person and I find it really fun to watch. Normally when it looks most ridiculous is when its a bunch of drunks and/or hxc kids and/or teenyboppers are attempting it.. which is what most people see! :lol:

But its just so much damn fun!

even so, it is a pretty odd dance, but not much odder than any other kind.. headbanging, hardcore.. whatever it is they do.. etc.
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

Gromidez

Post by Gromidez » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:11 am

poxabomination wrote:hahaha, thats definitely what I thought too just looking in! But when people are actually practiced at it they have different styles and variations between each person and I find it really fun to watch. Normally when it looks most ridiculous is when its a bunch of drunks and/or hxc kids and/or teenyboppers are attempting it.. which is what most people see! :lol:

But its just so much damn fun!

even so, it is a pretty odd dance, but not much odder than any other kind.. headbanging, hardcore.. whatever it is they do.. etc.
Goth/Industrial dancing is "punch.. kick... pick up a quarter" on repeat.

Skanking is kicking and punching the air in a circle.

Headbanging is self-explanatory.

I've done all of them, so no hate intended. I just take it all with a grain of salt and whole bag of humor :P

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:15 am

Hehe indeed :lol: Its all in fun anyway!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:35 pm

twigletstar wrote:^ Agreed. There's snarkiness for the lulz of it and because it meant to be humourous. Then there's just outright being a bitch for the sake of it. It's everywhere, and I do wish people could rein it in a bit. I'm not sure some people realise how unprofessional it makes them look!
I'm surprised this person actually gets orders regardless of their attitude. The work is amazing, but the attitude. Just should STFU for once and don't voice their pathetic opinions.

Gromidez

Post by Gromidez » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:45 pm

rivetlicker_ wrote:
twigletstar wrote:^ Agreed. There's snarkiness for the lulz of it and because it meant to be humourous. Then there's just outright being a bitch for the sake of it. It's everywhere, and I do wish people could rein it in a bit. I'm not sure some people realise how unprofessional it makes them look!
I'm surprised this person actually gets orders regardless of their attitude. The work is amazing, but the attitude. Just should STFU for once and don't voice their pathetic opinions.
Which person? What work? What attitude?

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Ahahaha! I know who you're on about. Jealous indeed Lara.

My gripe is "joint facebook" where a couple have ONE facebook, their picture is an obscenely sickly smiling picture of the two of them, usually joined at the face & their name is BobNSheila or whatever.

AND! lets not forget the couples that message each other on facebook instead of texting. "babe, can you get me some cola from the shop? I love you" ugh, FOAD!!!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Gromidez

Post by Gromidez » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:55 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:Ahahaha! I know who you're on about. Jealous indeed Lara.

My gripe is "joint facebook" where a couple have ONE facebook, their picture is an obscenely sickly smiling picture of the two of them, usually joined at the face & their name is BobNSheila or whatever.

AND! lets not forget the couples that message each other on facebook instead of texting. "babe, can you get me some cola from the shop? I love you" ugh, FOAD!!!

Hahaha! Yes! Maybe I'm just jealous because I've never been in that sickening of a relationship, but I've always been annoyed by those "I have the greatest girlfriend ever! I love you baby!" posts and the ones you mentioned. But ANYONE using the page instead of pm is annoying. "Hey girl, you going to the game?" "yeah, you?" "yeah, do you have the tickets?" "No, I didn't get them yet. Call Tara about it." "Ok, I just called Tara and she says that Billy has 'em. I'll give him a call now.... Just called Billy and he says we are set for $80 a piece, sound good?" "Yeah, $80 is fine! Meet at my place at 7?" "7 sounds good! See you there!" ~rips hair out~ And of course the majority of the words are misspelled.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:42 pm

There's romance and then there's scary puke factor. That sounds terrible Sarah!

I'd rather not mention anymore regarding the person though. I only asked Sarah whether I was being paranoid haha, I confided in her for that! Wish the person would stop undermining my work and MY opinions.

ETA: AND I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE THEY ARE IN POWER. (But they don't just do it to me, well, mostly me... Wouldn't wanna be a newbie getting any "encouragement".)
Last edited by rivetlicker_ on Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:36 am

holy shit I am fucking enraged right now.

Can we please just observe the snobbiness, condescending tone, ignorance, and downright bitchiness in this interview? I'm fucking livid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvsySC6y ... r_embedded

I hope to god this is some kind of joke, I can't even believe they thought this was ok.

Gromidez

Post by Gromidez » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:23 am

poxabomination wrote:holy shit I am fucking enraged right now.

Can we please just observe the snobbiness, condescending tone, ignorance, and downright bitchiness in this interview? I'm fucking livid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvsySC6y ... r_embedded

I hope to god this is some kind of joke, I can't even believe they thought this was ok.

I don't have words. No, that's a lie. I've got a few words, but since this a PG13 section of the forum, I can't say them.

What a dumb piece of dirty vagina this woman is. Who thought it was a good idea to let her do this interview? What the crap is RT? Retarded Theories? 100 Thousand people came to San Diego and SPENT MONEY, that's helping the economy of San Diego for damned sure. What would "flying to DC and protesting the economy" even DO?! Let alone, what does it MEAN to protest the economy? Like, we don't agree with the use of money for goods and services? And her assumption that people who attend Comic Con do nothing to be charitable is INFURIATING! I think the girl they interviewed did an excellent job keeping her cool, because if that was me I'd have called her an ignorant c**t about 2 seconds in and been kicked off the show.

But in case anyone doesn't want to be a bad person, we must all stop:
Going to the movies
Going to theme parks
Going to sports events (and we should especially never buy season passes, that's over $1000)
Going to the theatre
Going on any vacations at all that don't involve protesting
Etc

I'm incensed. This may be the next entry on my blog that I made for ranting. ~grumble-curse~

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:26 am

DreadstarMonstar wrote:
This one still annoys me! My OH and I know a couple that do it all the time, one was going away so there was a 'landed safe, love you baby' etc, surely you'd text or pm that?! It's like their whole life is for facebooks benefit. Anniversary messages etc on their walls?! They are actually nice, so we've chosen to laugh at it instead, but it still really bugs me!

twigletstar

Post by twigletstar » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:27 am

ShadowThrone wrote:
DreadstarMonstar wrote:
This one still annoys me! My OH and I know a couple that do it all the time, one was going away so there was a 'landed safe, love you baby' etc, surely you'd text or pm that?! It's like their whole life is for facebooks benefit. Anniversary messages etc on their walls?! They are actually nice, so we've chosen to laugh at it instead, but it still really bugs me!
I HATE this. I have a couple on fb who are not at all coupley IRL. They choose not to live together and everything! But every day it's '<3 you' or 'anybody tell you how pretty you are?'. *vom*

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:18 pm

Tonight's gripe is burlesque. It annoys me that every single picture I see atm girls seem to think they are Dita Von Teese. Some have gone as far as to have very similar outfits to her. Er, examples I've seen are the martini glass from when she was in a Marilyn Manson music video & someone has got a similar outfit to the one she has on on the car advert.

Seriously?! Whatever happened to originality.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Tipsyxx

Post by Tipsyxx » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:19 am

When people unfriend me because they dont wanna believe what me/my friend says. Lolz

Ragequit!

Gromidez

Post by Gromidez » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:38 am

DreadstarMonstar wrote:Tonight's gripe is burlesque. It annoys me that every single picture I see atm girls seem to think they are Dita Von Teese. Some have gone as far as to have very similar outfits to her. Er, examples I've seen are the martini glass from when she was in a Marilyn Manson music video & someone has got a similar outfit to the one she has on on the car advert.

Seriously?! Whatever happened to originality.

Better yet, when people think Burlesque simply means "take your clothes off in a half-dancing manner and act like a slut who likes girls so boys will like you," Argh! There is a cosplay "burlesque" group that I swear has no idea what sexy is. They are rigid and unattractive. One show was supposed to be from (I think) Resident Evil or something. One was a Zombie and the other was a zombie hunter. They just kind of...grasped at and hung on each other while haltingly tearing each others' clothes off to a Rob Zombie song. I literally just gaped at the video wondering who in the world thought this was a good idea, let alone burlesque in ANY way!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:44 am

The lack of empathy my dad shows towards my illness.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:45 am

PEOPLE WHO CAN'T FUCKING SPELL!!
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:31 pm

When people ask a question during an argument, and they're obviously not going to give the answer any thought and are just going to tell the other person they're wrong. Especially when the question has already been answered.

Its hard to explain what I mean, but heres an example.

I'm looking at the comments under a picture of a heavily modded man.

3058230 comments go "eww why would someone do that gross what a freak blah blah i bet he has no job blah blah"

39857823 comments in response politely explain that this person is expressing themselves, its a personal opinion, he likes the way it looks, etc.

Some asshole says

"ok, well why would he destroy his face like that"

Obviously, your opinions are set and no ones going to change them. Thats fine. But asking a question thats already been thoroughly explained is stupid, especially when you're so close minded that you won't even THINK about the answer. It just makes me go "Whaaaat? Did you seriously just say that? Are you effing stupid?" I dont know whether its an attempt to be sarcastic or whether they're really just that stupid, stubborn, and immature.

When I ask questions during an argument its because I want to understand the other persons side, and even if I don't always agree or see what they're saying I at least try and take what they say into consideration (if they actually present their opinion in a respectful way. If someone is a jackass and just goes "you're stupid for liking this because it sucks" I'm obviously not going to give them the time of day.)

I honestly don't see why people do this. I would say its trolling, but it doesn't really make other people that angry because most people just ignore it, it just makes them look incredibly stupid.

dreadviolet

Post by dreadviolet » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:05 pm

- People who don't bother to write text that would be understandable. I hate reading stream of consciousness...

- People nowadays needing tutorial for everything! God damn, this dreading thing (for example) is a craft, why don't people just experiment and try stuff! No, instead of trying to do things, they log on to internet groups and ask for tutorials for everything. It's not enough that you explain how something is done, you should make a tut with photos or better, make a video... I know, I'm just old fashioned... :D
Fake your hair - http://dreadviolet.com/
Dreadviolet Hair Creations & material supplies -
Dreadviolet Livejournal
Dreadviolet @ Facebook
Dreadviolet @ Google+

manchee

Post by manchee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Ugh it winds me up the way most kids/young people speak now days. No youre not from London, and no youre not a 'gangsta' :roll:

Tipsyxx

Post by Tipsyxx » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:05 pm

manchee wrote:Ugh it winds me up the way most kids/young people speak now days. No youre not from London, and no youre not a 'gangsta' :roll:
omg i hate little wangsters [wannabe gangsters]

"yo im a g i flag yeeaoo"

and they have the bandanna on the wrong side...

IE. Putting red bandanna on left side [left being crip]

Some kid at a hookah bar did that, almost got smacked up lol

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:12 pm

OH god. Today in CO-OP these two white wanna be gangsters walked in playing really loud rap, their trousers down their ass. Went over to the beer, picked up a 4 pack, slung it over his shoulder then walked off going 'braaaaap braaaap'. Ugh, idiots.

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:22 pm

Monique_marion_may wrote:OH god. Today in CO-OP these two white wanna be gangsters walked in playing really loud rap, their trousers down their ass. Went over to the beer, picked up a 4 pack, slung it over his shoulder then walked off going 'braaaaap braaaap'. Ugh, idiots.
so its not just here then :roll: I wish I could say that it makes me feel a little bit better, but it really doesn't. :lol:

Tipsyxx

Post by Tipsyxx » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:39 pm

Dearlord.

This same person who rage-deleted me a few days ago. Tried adding me from their "company" page and immediately blocked me when i asked "Why are you trying to add me when you blocked me on your personal page?"

Make up your mind. And don't even say "It was an accident" because you damnwell know who you add.

Edit:

The fact that paypal SUCKS SO MUCH.

Pretty much if your account gets hacked, You're screwed. They don't do SHXT to get it back. Its very easy to change information on a paypal account. like the name and address.

But oh god no they don't dare ask what the last 4 digits of your cc are.. god forbid its still attached to the account and the hacker steals my money.

i called customer service so many times, So many emails saying I WAS HACKED SHORTLY AFTER RECEIVING A PAYMENT!
When i try to reset my password there are now security questions that I NEVER SET.

I sent a complaint saying their Customer service hasnt helped me at all and were quite rude to me on the phone when I said my account was hacked & security questions were not set by me.

Never got a response back from them.

edit:

Being unable to make dreads because im too stressed out.

i just destroyed a thick DE full length dread worth of hair.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:24 pm

dreadviolet wrote:- People who don't bother to write text that would be understandable. I hate reading stream of consciousness...

- People nowadays needing tutorial for everything! God damn, this dreading thing (for example) is a craft, why don't people just experiment and try stuff! No, instead of trying to do things, they log on to internet groups and ask for tutorials for everything. It's not enough that you explain how something is done, you should make a tut with photos or better, make a video... I know, I'm just old fashioned... :D
Because they're spoilt!

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”