What really grinds your gears?

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
kurokawaii

What really grinds your gears?

Post by kurokawaii » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:24 pm

Many many things annoy the crap out of me my top ten are;
1. People who let you down
2. Public transport
3. People on public transport
4. People who scream at their children
5. My husband farting on me
6. Poor piercing/tattoos
7. People who look down their nose at you
8. Offensive chavs who start on you for no reason
9. People who work in TopShop
10. Bra's over a D cup. I have big boobs. They are sexy, I don't want to put them in a lace flannel.

So ladies, what grinds your gears.
Ich bin ein Nerd!

Skettihoop

Re: What really grinds your gears?

Post by Skettihoop » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:52 pm

1. Noisey Eaters. I CAN'T STAND IT!!
2. Rude People, Especially When Theres No Reason/Need For It
3. People Who Talk/Text/Eat Loud During Movies
4. Hypocrites
5. Lack Of Courtesy
6. Boring People
7. When People Read Or Watch What I'm Doing Over My Shoulder
8. People Putting Others Down
9. Bitchy Bitches That Just Bitch For The Sake Of It
10. Crumbs In Bed

Soooooooo Many More But Generally I Just Think People REALLY Pee Me Off LoL
And does Jesus like my hair?
I don't think he f*cking cares!
Nor do I, Nor do I..

kurokawaii

Post by kurokawaii » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:53 pm

Skettihoop wrote: 10. Crumbs In Bed
Crumbs down your bra is worse >_<
Ich bin ein Nerd!

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:59 pm

1, people who are incapable of putting things back where they found them
2, people who fuss and fiddle constantly
3, People Who Type Like This, tHiS, th1s, thiis and all other variations on appalling grammar. Including the use of double ampersands. Sorry, you wouldn't do it when writing by hand, it makes things harder to read and it's infinitely more effort than typing normally.
4, running out of milk
5, having to tidy up other people's mess

starlotus

Post by starlotus » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:03 pm

1. Friends who use you
2. Judgmental people (and as a part of that - people who seem to take pleasure in cutting other people down and hurting them for no reason)
3. This 100+ degree heat that shows no sign of letting up
4. The jerks who own our office building that keep the thermostat at 80
5. Traffic on the Garden State Parkway that is always at a slow crawl when I'm trying to get home from work
6. My house being a mess and me being the only one who bothers to clean it up
7. #6 taking up time when I want to be making dreads
8. The fact that my *real* friends are all so far away it would take a plane-ride to see them
9. Being -er- "frustrated" but also knowing that it's not good for me to be in a relationship right now
10. Being lonely
11. Not being able to get these last 10 lbs off
12. Living in Jersey

Wow, I have a lot to gripe about today; sorry!

Sakura

Post by Sakura » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:16 pm

Skettihoop wrote:1. Noisey Eaters. I CAN'T STAND IT!!
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Why are people so disgusting?

Flick

Post by Flick » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:07 am

1. Definitely people who cant spell or use correct grammar.
2. People who nit-pick my spelling/grammar because I say I cant stand bad spelling/grammar. Theres a difference between a typo or a genuine mistake and 'TyPinG likE DiS'
3. Stupid people, and people who dont listen. I just explained that, just because you weren't listening does not make it ok to ask again.
4. People who aren't honest. I've been told I'm tactless.. No, I'm honest. I still value it as a trait.
5. People who dont cover their mouths/noses, or do it with their hands when they cough or sneeze. I dont want to be anywhere near you when you're spreading your snot around.
6. I could go on forever, I'm a very irritable person (apparently this makes me a bitch).. being sworn at. I detest it. It makes me want to punch the person in the face.
7. People who whinge about things that cant be changed. Like, the weather. Ok, its cold. I know this, you know this. So put another jumper and shut up!
8. People who expect everything to be done for them because they've had a hard knock life. Everybody has had a bad life. Doesnt make it ok for you to not get a job, expect the government to pay your way, sit on your bottom all day doing nothing.
9. People, who despite being the same description as number 8, then wont contribute to any housework, which means I do it ALL, when I get home, or its left for my mother who works a 50 hour+ week. (get the feeling I'm describing someone in particular?)
10. People who bully other people, or deliberately bring them down. You suck.

I better stop, but just know Im sitting here agreeing with most of what people say.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:13 am

1. Poor grammar/spelling/use of the English language - if it's your first language, LEARN IT PROPERLY!
2. Bad manners.
3. Girls who "WOOOOOOOOOH!!!" and make loads of shrieking noises.
4. Girls who think that because they look a certain way, they needn't bother ever doing anything to enrich themselves as people.
5. Boys who like said girls.

I'll be adding to this list as there is more but it's early and I can't form my thoughts properly :lol:
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

..::AtomicLox::..

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:30 am

1. I'm on board with the language irritation, although I have to say it bothers me more in writing than it does otherwise.
2. Idiot drivers. I just can't even begin to express my frustration with people propelling a giant metal object through space and NOT PAYING ATTENTION AT ALL.
3. People who think all I do all day long is sit and wait for them to call so I can jump up and work for them. This ties in to people showing up 20 minutes late to appointments without bothering to call, and no call/no shows as well. The lack of respect involved is infuriating.
4. Shifty internet connections. No patience at all!
5. Having to repeat myself.
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:02 am

1. Poor grammar and spelling.
2. People who can't spell "to" and instead use "too". Two-letter words aren't actually that difficult to spell.
3. Hearing fat people tell skinny people to "eat a hamburger". I always have to stop myself from saying "stop EATING hamburgers" back to them. Rude, yes, but it's incredibly judgemental of them. Despite what society says, fat isn't actually that sexy or healthy.
4. Our whole pro-fat culture.
5. Bad drivers.
6. Drunks and drug addicts.
7. No manners! It's not hard to say please and thank you!
8. People who use the excuse "I had a rough childhood". So have most people. Shut up and do something with your life.
9. Meat eaters who try to shove their food in my face. It's not appetising, it's revolting.
10. Apple products and their fanboys.

I could keep going... I have the displeasure of meeting a lot of idiots every day :roll:
More human than human

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:45 am

1. Grammar and spelling... this seem to be a re-occuring theme :D
2. Noisy eaters - this REALLY annoys me, its not hard to keep your mouth shut, i dont want to see it >_<
3. People who are too impatient to let you get off the train with your huge suitcase before they barrage past you
4. People who insist on playing their music on public transport - BUY SOME HEADPHONES YOU ARROGANT F***!!!!!!!!!!! *excuse me*
5. Women with prams who think they own the pavement
6. Families eating in pubs/restaurants with the parents not bothering to keep an eye on their kids and letting them run riot - a fair few times I had a kid show up in the kitchen, not exactly a safe environment!
7. Cleaning other peoples mess - as the only girl in a student house, I was obviously the only one who knew how to wash a plate
8. People who stand in doorways at parties then don't move (or move a centimetre to their left) when you politely ask if you can get past
9. Dirty bathrooms/toilets
10. Housemates not bothering to clean up after their pets an expecting you to do it because they've just decided they're going to be away for the week - not my pets to clean up after, and who said I'm going to be in the house myself?
11. The above leads me on to.... people not bothering to ask if you are busy or have plans, before dumping their plans on you and expecting you to work around it

ok, I'll stop :D

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:49 am

1. Whingers. People who nothing but complain about every aspect of their life and think they are incredibly hard done by.
2. Attention seekers. Girls who do nothing but constantly put themselves down in the hope that people will respond by saying “Don’t be silly, you’re GORGEOUS!”
3. Shitty ring tones. I do not want to hear the opening bars of N Dubz over tiny phone speakers five times during a 10 minute bus journey.
4. Fashion clones. Groups of friends who all look identical, be it in the same TopShop dress or the same Lip Service outfit. “Alternative” fashion is just as guilty of this as mainstream.
5. The lack of art and culture education in the UK.
6. People who are proud of their ignorance. “I don’t do politics” or “I never read books” are not statements you should be happy to make.
7. Over sharers. People who post intimate details of their relationship/sex life/emotional issues/toilet habits all over the internet.

I can’t fill an entire list of ten. Generally I’m quite a happy person and nothing much really bothers me. Either that or I am incredibly self-centered and simply don’t care enough about anything other than me. I’ll leave you to decide.
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:00 pm

Dystopatica wrote: 2. Attention seekers. Girls who do nothing but constantly put themselves down in the hope that people will respond by saying “Don’t be silly, you’re GORGEOUS!”
THIS!!!
I hate this too...or people who go "Oh I'm sooooooo fat" when they're about a size 8 :roll:

* Queen of Tangents*

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:02 pm

Dystopatica wrote: 6. People who are proud of their ignorance. “I don’t do politics” or “I never read books” are not statements you should be happy to make.
Yes. 'wHatS a BooK LoLoL!!!!11'

Arrgh.

Sybafairy

Post by Sybafairy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:08 pm

1. People who insist on lying to your face, and talking behind your back. Grow. Up.
2. People who spit in the street.
3. People who stick chewing gum to public seating, buses, the ground.
4. Anyone incapable of having a conversation via text without using U R or LOL
5. Anyone who cannot say please or thank you. Manners are free children.
6. Over weight people who complain about their size then go to McDonalds/Domino's *insert other junk food places here*
7. Thin girls who winge they are fat.
8. Anyone who thinks its sexy to be a slag.
9. My boyfriend's crazy ex girlfriend.
10. Anyone who cant use, their, there and they're
11. Rude customer service staff / call centre staff. Just because you are on a telephone doesn't mean manners are out of the window.
12. All these girls who think they are 'alternative' models. Sorry but posting a few pictures doesn't make you a 'model'
13. America's Next Top Model
14. Britain's Next Top Model
15. *insert country here*'s Next Top Model

ok i am going to stop.........

*edit to add*
16. Derek Acorah - get bent
17. Yvette Fielding - six years of making ghost hunting programmes and you still scream at the slightest noise. Get. Bent.
18. People who put Formspring on their facebook accounts, and then complain about being called fat, ugly and generally trolled by the faceless internet. Delete it then. Own. Fault.
Blue Army ----- Cavalry Commander and General Nommer of biscuits

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:17 pm

Oooh, this is going to be fun! :twisted:

1. incorrect use of the English language
2. Saying "brought" instead of "bought"
3. Dropping the letters: T, & H, sometimes TH. eg: Ouse, instead of house. tha instead of that, free instead of Three.
4. Making new words because you can't be bothered to use the correct word. (summat ¬_¬.....you mean SOMETHING)
5. Phonetically spelled words, or just those that can't spell. It really does grind my gears. (I'll give another example: a recent job advert said the applicant need to be flexable)
6. DOUBLE NEGATIVES. (I had to capitalise this, it is my biggest peeve ever!) I never done nothing. >_< Oh my god, seriously. What?! :shock:
7. Chavs & their tinny music out of their phone. I really don't care what new crap you have downloaded.
8. Not holding the door after you've just walked through it & you know someone is behind you.
9. Queue jumping
10. Orange skinned, bleached hair, golden chain army that seems to be taking over the country.
11. "Friends" that only get in touch when they need something: food, money, pc repair etc.
12. Modelling shows
13. Singing shows
14. Talentless people getting record deals
15. The need to stereotype - oi goth/mosher/hippie/freak etc.
16. Being judged on appearance
17. Over-sensitivity
18. Political correctness (it's gone mad!!)
19. Attention seeking arses! If you're upset just tell me, don't hmph & strop about...I really don't care.
20. Ignorance
21. People that are surprised that I'm married/have children. You don't know me. Pi$$ off.
22. Lazy, good-for-nothing benefit scum
23. The trolly at Tesco that gives static shocks
24. Shop assistants that talk to each other instead of serving the people waiting
25. The word "apps" it's an Application ¬_¬
26. Hypocrites
27. WAG's
28. Wannabes
29. The big brother Voice Over....such a forced accent
30. Idiots in call centres - not understanding why I am calling :roll:
31. Jobcentre Plus. I was made redundant, I'm not a bum!!! >_<
32. The Go Compare man
33. Religion
34. Holier than thou mothers that think bottles & disposable nappies are just so very wrong.
35. Seeing "alternatives" with pen lids in their ears instead of plugs....I hope you get an infection & your ear falls off.
36. People that only want x, or y piercing cos you have it & it looks "cool"
37. Trinny & Susannah
38. The fact the English are only patriotic once every 4 years when the football is on.
39. Text speak
40. Pop music
41. The letter P on my laptop only working when it feels like it.
42. Being hungry, but nothing in the house seems to be what you want to eat.
43. my "friends" forgetting I exist because I have children
44. Not having the coin to get all the tattoos I NEED
45. Ebay...I may have already mentioned this, but it needed mentioning again.
46. Family...They seem to think cos they're related to you a promise means squat
47. My fringe
48. The wind
49. The fact NOBODY has tried to make a hoverboard, power laces, a self drying Jacket, A hydrate pizza machine etc!!!
50. Gratitude, or should that be lack of? Nobody seems to be pleased when someone tries to help out
51. Stupidity
52. People that think after having a baby you'll be fat forever :evil:
53. Soaps - corrie, eastenders etc.
54. Loud, screamy children & their equally loud, screamy parents
55. People that put others down because they are successful
56. Interruptions
57. People butting in, or telling you other peoples business
58. Machiavellians
59. Negativety being referred to as something "gay"
60. The idiotic children on the sex ed show

I'll stop, for now :D
Last edited by MrsEss on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:13 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote: 3. Dropping the letters: T, & H, sometimes TH. eg: Ouse, instead of house. tha instead of that, free instead of Three.
I am guilty of dropping my Ts, particularly in the middle of words but it's not through ignorance or laziness, it's just my dialect. I have a distinct East Midlands/Nottingham accent so "I come from Nottingham" sounds like "ah cum fro' Noh-t'num" when I say it :lol:

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:29 pm

there are so many good ones posted already, especially by Dystopatica, who apparently shares most of my life irks.

Some other big ones of mine:

1. People driving overized SUV's for apparently no other reason than "fashion"

2. People who seem to care more about capturing themselves on video or in pictures BEING somewhere instead of focusing on the experience of being there. Its been happening a lot at concerts and DJ events here lately with the younger goers. It seems more important to them to get a pic of themselves and their friends AT the event to post on the web rather than paying any attention to the event itself.

3. When the people mentioned above won't get out of my way. I'm trying to dance/see/experience and they are posing in front of me or have their phones/cameras in the air right in my line of sight.

4. black clouded people stuck in a vortex of their own self loathing. Somehow these people always find me and decide I am their therapist.

5. Crap stuck on the stove, must clean!

6. dirty dishes in the sink

7. How car dealerships are allowed to treat their customers and the scams they are allowed to pull. Its freaking criminal

8. People who blame homeowners buying homes they "could not afford" for the collapse of the housing market when most of these people are the ones who CONVINCED the buyers they could afford them 2 years ago when they bought.

9. people who talk over you before you have finished speaking

10. annoying laughs

I think I'll stop there. I think I can feel my blood pressure rising

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Amy, I'm sure you sound lovely...what I mean is the annoying "commoners" yours is just part of your accent.

I agree with you Miss Liberty...9 & 10, yes yes yes!!

OOh & I know what you mean with number 2, I try not to go to gigs much cos all the young 'uns with their mobile phones/cameras..then showing their mate that just so happen to be stood infront of my annoys me. Grr, & the tiny people that think it is wise to go into a mosh pit & then have to be dragged out by a member of staff.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:59 pm

Hey Sarah - do you think you could get to 100 things :lol:

* Queen of Tangents*

fustmuffin

Post by fustmuffin » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:01 pm

Bomber wrote:
DreadstarMonstar wrote: 3. Dropping the letters: T, & H, sometimes TH. eg: Ouse, instead of house. tha instead of that, free instead of Three.
I am guilty of dropping my Ts, particularly in the middle of words but it's not through ignorance or laziness, it's just my dialect. I have a distinct East Midlands/Nottingham accent so "I come from Nottingham" sounds like "ah cum fro' Noh-t'num" when I say it :lol:
This!! :lol: I read that thinking "I sound just like that, I ALWAYS say summat!"

1. Smelly people.
2. People who don't say please or thank you...
3. parent and child parking spaces being taken up by transit vans or sparkly sports cars.
4. misspelling the word tongue. Its not a tounge!!

I cant really think of any more right now.... I'm sure I'll be back ;)
Last edited by fustmuffin on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:02 pm

I'm guilty of dropping the odd letter as well to be fair - although not in certain company...I can speak properly if I have to but other times I have this terrible Essex/London draawwwwwl

* Queen of Tangents*

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:03 pm

i should also add people who post about their breastfeeding escapades on FB. If you are on my friends list, I more than likely know you, you are my friend, and I love you....but I REALLY do not want to know how sore your nipples are, really, I don't.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:07 pm

ScarletLady wrote:Hey Sarah - do you think you could get to 100 things :lol:
hehehe. probably, given a week or 2. I <3 a good rant :lol: :D

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Miss Liberty wrote:i should also add people who post about their breastfeeding escapades on FB. If you are on my friends list, I more than likely know you, you are my friend, and I love you....but I REALLY do not want to know how sore your nipples are, really, I don't.
In relation to this, people who are pregnant/just had a baby and have all their profile pics as pictures of their ultrasounds/kids and their statuses are about nothing but. Yes, I'm sure it's exciting for you but it's nothing that millions of other women haven't already done for millenia beforehand.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”