Films that make you cry

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
ArlequinCircus

Re: Films that make you cry

Post by ArlequinCircus » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:07 am

Sybafairy wrote:The Devils Rejects.. ok so i am odd.. but at the end charging the police with Freebird playing.. kinda feel for them :)
(and freebird is my fav song ever!)
Ohhhh my god D: I cried when Mama died. *-*

<<Miss_Sami>>

Post by <<Miss_Sami>> » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:44 am

Apparently I used to bawl my eyes out at Disney films and we NEVER saw a Disney film all the way through at the pictures because I would start crying hysterically and we would have to leave.
The worst case of this was Beauty and the Beast (So I've been told), wherein we had to leave when her dad gets locked in the cell at the start because I was crying too much. :lol:
Sam-I-Am || Flickr || Tumblr

Noodles!

Post by Noodles! » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:00 am

Aww Beauty and the Beast still makes me cry out of sadness and fear... I remember my sister having to take me out of the cinema during the Little Mermaid because I got too scared =P Though I don't think there is a scary moment in that film looking back...
x Peace Love Unity Respect x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:27 am

I used to cry at disney films all the time! The lion king and Bambi!! :(!!!

But the film that gets me is the Notebook! I actually cant watch it without crying. I was trying to explain it to someone the other day and i was getting teary! lol!
Fake hair, piercings and fries with that?

Shiraz

Post by Shiraz » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:07 am

I am Legend!
Synthetic Hair Designs- http://www.x-tensibility.com
*Formerly 'Metallicus' on HH*

cyberwench

Post by cyberwench » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:50 pm

ArlequinCircus wrote:Uuh Repo! The Genetic Opera makes me tear up towards the end. I'm a huge daddy's girl so yeah..
I was just going to post this! I love Repo! so much, but it was a really poor choice to watch as part of a girly comfort night after my Dad had just died :i3:

Hotmess

Post by Hotmess » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:05 am

Children of Men
That movie is so soul-sucking :(! Its another one of those end time, brink of human destruction movies that could actually happen today. The book is really good too.

allthistightness

Post by allthistightness » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:12 am

<<Miss_Sami>> wrote:Apparently I used to bawl my eyes out at Disney films and we NEVER saw a Disney film all the way through at the pictures because I would start crying hysterically and we would have to leave.
The worst case of this was Beauty and the Beast (So I've been told), wherein we had to leave when her dad gets locked in the cell at the start because I was crying too much. :lol:

I had to be taken out of the theater as a kid when we went to see Aladdin. I lost it when Jafar got ahold of the genine and Aladdin almost got crushed by one of the palace towers. My mom said my excuse was because I couldn't wait for it to come out on VHS. LOL
:)

thecutealternative

Post by thecutealternative » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:18 am

Shiraz wrote:I am Legend!
Totally agree, the bit when he has to kill his dog made me bawl my eyes out.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:32 am

Gran Torino. I cried non-stop for the end of that film, from the shooting at the Vang Lor's onwards. Absolute floods of tears.
Love, Actually always makes me cry too, because it's both beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time.
Edward Scissorhands, where Edward is being chased by the townspeople, and Kim asks him to "hold me", after he replies "I can't" then I can't stop crying from then on.

hellsbells

Post by hellsbells » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:25 pm

I have a confession, I cried from the beginning titles of the Titanic when I saw it because I knew so many people died. I can't watch war films for the same reason...

I also cry at Beauty and the Beast when she thinks he's dead at the end "No, no, no! Please, please, please don't leave me! I love you!" gets me ever freaking time :?

Sympathy for Lady Vengance, City of God, The Orphanage, Girl, Interrupted and Requiem for a Dream have me bawling my eyes out in a REALLY embarrassing way. But to be honest anything that could possibly provoke any sort of teary action works a treat!

My boyfriend is most tolerant and thinks it's cute. Which I am most thankful for :D

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:27 pm

hellsbells wrote: I also cry at Beauty and the Beast when she thinks he's dead at the end "No, no, no! Please, please, please don't leave me! I love you!" gets me ever freaking time :?
There's a bit in Dirty Dancing that gets me like that...the bit where Baby is giving Patrick Swayze the whole speech about how "I've never felt before, the way I feel when I'm with you!" (Or something equally full of huge lumps of cheese)

It actually makes me burst into tears :lol:
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Squidgy

Post by Squidgy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:29 pm

Hellsbells your list alone must be enough to pay Kleenex' staff bonus each Christmas... :lol:

I cry every single time I watch The Green Mile, its a given.. its such a sad story...
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:38 pm

Squidgy wrote:
I cry every single time I watch The Green Mile, its a given.. its such a sad story...
I can watch that fine until it gets to the line "Please don't put me in there, don't put that thing over my face.. I's afraid of the dark" and that's what gets me, every time

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:13 pm

Bomber wrote:
Squidgy wrote:
I can watch that fine until it gets to the line "Please don't put me in there, don't put that thing over my face.. I's afraid of the dark" and that's what gets me, every time
That always kills me. And when the younger guard is crying openly and is told to wipe his face. I might have to watch it again soon.

American History X usually makes me a bit sad, when Derrick realises the error of his ways, when he covers the swastika after the shower, and when Danny is shot, the realisation this is basically his fault. Also when Sweeny asks 'has anything you've done made your life better.' I hated his character with a vengeance at the start, but I think the realisations are what makes it quite moving. Maybe I'm just odd. :?

brandalynn

Post by brandalynn » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Feel free to laugh because everyone does.........Castaway (when Wilson floats off). I don't cry, but this gets me every friggin' time. My mother in law heard me sniveling and and burst into a fit of laughter. :oops:
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

Squidgy

Post by Squidgy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:27 pm

brandalynn wrote:Feel free to laugh because everyone does.........Castaway (when Wilson floats off). I don't cry, but this gets me every friggin' time. My mother in law heard me sniveling and and burst into a fit of laughter. :oops:
Yeah I have to agree on that one to be honest, my eyes do well up a bit.. But i guess its because you imagine yourself in that situation and being stuck on an island for a few years with nobody to talk to... and your one friend floats off...

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllssssssssson!!! :o :cry:
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

brandalynn

Post by brandalynn » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:34 pm

Omg! Someone understands! :lol:

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:36 pm

I bawl my heart out readily, at everything from the news to Youv'e Been Framed. I shit you not. :roll:

Its got to be said i read more books than I do watch movies, and I cry my heart out then too.

Notable movies that made me cry are;
The Outsiders
Watership Down
The Champ
Romeo And Juliet
When The Levies Broke
The Color Purple

There are probably many more. ;)
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:35 pm

another vote for The Green Mile here

i think as ive got older, slightly wiser and i can appreciate emotions more, i end up bawling to almost EVERY film that has a sad bit

i think animal or child related tragedies get me more than anything
but pretty much anyone dying, screaming for their life or the life of another (think Saving Private Ryan and that poor young soldier crying out for his mum on the beach) anyone getting trapped/kidnapped, animals in peril (Cannibal Holocaust and the scene with the little monkey... my boyfriend had to turn it off at that point) or basically anything that brings up any kind of sad emotion sets me off

in short, im utterly useless when it comes to anything other than a chick flick, cheesy horror (never seems to bother me for some reason) or general silly comedy! :lol:

:devoid:

Post by :devoid: » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:17 pm

ShadowThrone wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Squidgy wrote:

American History X usually makes me a bit sad, when Derrick realises the error of his ways, when he covers the swastika after the shower, and when Danny is shot, the realisation this is basically his fault. Also when Sweeny asks 'has anything you've done made your life better.' I hated his character with a vengeance at the start, but I think the realisations are what makes it quite moving. Maybe I'm just odd. :?

I love that film but it breaks my heart every time I watch it. Just that scene at the end where Derrick wants to start again with his life and Danny gets shot I always want to shout "No! that's not fair!"

The notebook always gets me too, when she realises that it's her and asks how long they have left. :(

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:22 pm

Marly and Me -- absolute tear jerker for animal lovers

Titanic -- not the end though. Just after the boat sinks, they show a dead baby floating in the water. It gets me because I know it's true. Infants losing their lives in the middle of a frozen ocean because of a few cocky and careless butt-heads. It's too much.

I still don't know if I can watch When the Levees Broke. I cried before the Super Bowl when they showed footage from back during Katrina. That wound is still too raw.

brandalynn

Post by brandalynn » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:18 pm

Damn you, Pixar!!!

Pixar's Up. It's not right that a kid's movie had me and my son's father crying less than 15 min. into the film. :cry: Our son was looking at us like "what's your problem?" :roll:

The end of Monsters Inc gets the OH every time. It's sooo cute. :P

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:24 pm

VixenSingsBlack wrote:I still don't know if I can watch When the Levees Broke. I cried before the Super Bowl when they showed footage from back during Katrina. That wound is still too raw.
I can appreciate that entirely. I watched it in two parts on separate days and had to psyche myself up. It kicked the crap out of me for quite some time afterwards. I have no clue how it must feel to those of you who live there. Lots of love. x

I actually can't believe i missed Happy Feet off my list :o i bawled my heart out the first time I saw it and even now, dozens of views later, it still is no better. Doesn't half make you want to tap-dance though!
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

OpheliaImmortal

Post by OpheliaImmortal » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Moulin Rouge makes me sob.

Pan's Labyrinth will have me floods every single time.

And Return of the King kept making me cry at all the goodbyes!
Happiness is purple and green dreads and the best of The Cure.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”