Films that make you cry

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Ice_Pick_Abortions

Re: Films that make you cry

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:15 pm

The Magdalene Sisters is on :( if anyone likes those weepy, inspiring films this is one..
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

M1ssBehaved

Post by M1ssBehaved » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:38 pm

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button really got me, all the way through lol. Its not really the sort of movie I usually watch, but boy was it sad!

Those animal rescue programs always make me cry, I hate it when animals get hurt :(

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:42 am

Ice_Pick_Abortions wrote:The Magdalene Sisters is on :( if anyone likes those weepy, inspiring films this is one..
I love that film.

I watched a movie the other day, The Stoning of Soraya M. As you can guess, the subject matter is horrific. I have never been affected so much by a film. I cried from the middle, all the way to the end. :shock: it was also based on a true story.

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:58 am

oh my god there are loads ive cried over some of them
et
bigfoot and the hendersons
the notebook
the lakehouse
the magdalene sisters
big fish
an american crime (based on the true story of sylvia liken)
boyz n the hood
sleepers
ghost
and loads more im sure
i tend to get quite emotional over films lol
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

Paradisaea Decora

Post by Paradisaea Decora » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:23 pm

Brokeback Mountain... I'm not sure what that says about me really... that I have *gasp* a heart perhaps?! Naaah.
Sacré Coeur Jewellery & Adornments
http://www.sacre-coeur.co.uk

blackmetal_mosher

Post by blackmetal_mosher » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:32 am

I cried, and would still cry at Water ship Down
Hello, I am in right now, but there is someone I dont want to speak to. If you are leaving a message and I don't answer the phone, then that person is you...

Pixie_Kitty

Post by Pixie_Kitty » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:50 pm

The Lion King - the bit where simba loses his dad in the stampede

Thirteen - the bit where her mum is shown her arm

Sex and the city - the bit where Carrie is stood up by Big at the wedding venue
here is some pixie dust from pixie hollow with love from Pixie_Kitty x x

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:07 am

I don't get to the point very often, but My Sister's Keeper got me pretty close. Also, Wall-e. When he gets all squished up? Yeah, that gets me pretty close too. Actually any kids movie with someone getting hurt or killed or someone being sad. Up was really awful with the little old guy so sentimental over his late wife.

Also, a bit ridiculous, but when it's around that time of the month all of the commercials for jewelry companies or showing a kid and a parent having a sweet moment does it. Around holiday's I just avoid paying attention to commercials :lol:

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:38 am

Pallidity wrote:I don't get to the point very often, but My Sister's Keeper got me pretty close.
I didn't cry over the movie, but the book had me bawling (the end of the book is very different). And I was reading it on a plane on a full flight the day before Thanksgiving, so I got a lot of funny looks ;P
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:59 am

ikickshins wrote:
Pallidity wrote:I don't get to the point very often, but My Sister's Keeper got me pretty close.
I didn't cry over the movie, but the book had me bawling (the end of the book is very different). And I was reading it on a plane on a full flight the day before Thanksgiving, so I got a lot of funny looks ;P
same for me to the book had me absolutely gushing tears i wont watch the movie as ive heard its very different
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

MethadonePretty

Post by MethadonePretty » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:33 pm

I went to see Hachi: A Dog's Story at the cinema the other night...oh gawd..... no matter how hard i tried to fight it the flood barriers still broke and I couldn't stop till i got out to the car afters, haha :(

hatemekillme

Post by hatemekillme » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:32 pm

Requiem for a Dream
Boys Don't Cry
American History X
Monsters Inc.

pixychick

Post by pixychick » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:53 pm

Geez I cry over almost anything and everything touching, sad, when people are mean to each other, happy, lonely I mean everything. Its ridiculous and I kind of hate that about myself. I can't help it. LOL
Let's see movies that make me cry off the top of my head:

The Lord of the Rings-Return of the King
Juno... Pretty much any pregnant lady story or baby story
Steel Magnolias...I don't just cry I bawl my eyes out.
Beaches
The Shawshank Redemption
My Sister's Keeper
Into the Wild
La Vie en Rose
Green Mile
Frankenstein
Life is Beautiful(La Vita e bella)
Brokeback Mountain
Little Women
The Notebook
The Elephant Man
The Lion King... pretty much Disney Movies
Monsters Inc...Boo!!!
Stand By Me
p.s. I love you makes me cry all day long
My Girl
GRave of Fireflies always makes me cry like a baby
Requiem for a Dream
The Outsiders
And many many many many more... my eyes leak too much. lol :oops:
VixenSingsBlack wrote: I still don't know if I can watch When the Levees Broke. I cried before the Super Bowl when they showed footage from back during Katrina. That wound is still too raw.
This also makes me cry like no other. To this day it still makes me so so so sad and so so so mad. Any footage of Katrina, Rita, and Ike just scare me and make me cry.
Last edited by pixychick on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:00 pm

:devoid: wrote: I love that film but it breaks my heart every time I watch it. Just that scene at the end where Derrick wants to start again with his life and Danny gets shot I always want to shout "No! that's not fair!"

The notebook always gets me too, when she realises that it's her and asks how long they have left. :(
The end to the notebook almost breaks my heart to watch, such a beautifully made film.

Green Mile from me too.
Titanic

Any war film will upset me, mostly because whenever somebody dies I get upset.

I used to be stone cold and now everything has me bawling! :lol:

pixychick

Post by pixychick » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:07 am

I just watched District 9 and it made me cry!! it was a really good!!

Also I am now watching "Up" and I've been crying all the way through the movie. LOL

M1ssBehaved

Post by M1ssBehaved » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:02 am

District 9 was a tear jerker for me too. That film sorta makes you feel a bit ashamed to be human!

pixychick

Post by pixychick » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:04 am

M1ssBehaved wrote:District 9 was a tear jerker for me too. That film sorta makes you feel a bit ashamed to be human!
EXACTLY!!! I kept yelling at the tv saying," God I'm ashamed to be called a human!!" Also the little "kid" made me cry for being so damn cute!!

kaned_ferret

Post by kaned_ferret » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:03 pm

I never cry at films, never.

And the I watched the Green Mile

:cry: :lol:

Panda Moon

Post by Panda Moon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:06 pm

I recently watched a documentary called "Dear Zachary". It had me bawling my eyes out. A must see! Make sure you have lots of tissues.

heartofdarkness

Post by heartofdarkness » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:30 am

Boys Don't Cry, Watership Down, an old kids' film called Scruffy, about an abandoned puppy...

The only two films that have had me absolutely sobbing my heart out, however, are The Green Mile, for the final scene (although I did shed a happy tear when he resurrected the dead mouse), and the film adaptation of the James Herbert novel Fluke, about the guy who is killed and reincarnated as a dog. When the dog finds the grave of the man he used to be, and uses his paw to wipe the snow from the stone and the word 'forever' is revealed, I sobbed and sobbed and just couldn't stop :cry:

*swallows hard, and blinks back tears*

Not films now, but I also cried over the infamous 'tattoo removal' scene in Sons Of Anarchy series 1; yeah, he did a bad thing, and maybe deserved to pay for it, but it was just so horrible, and he was so calm, so accepting of his fate...

And a couple of days ago, I saw the video to the Amon Amarth song 'Runes To My Memory' for the first time and had a massive lump in my throat; it's such a sad song, but so powerful, so passionate. I feel sad every time I listen to it :(

FaerieGirl

Post by FaerieGirl » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:48 pm

Uhm... How to train your dragon.

...I know. I'm pathetic.
Taking over the world, one cupcake at a time. http://www.facebook.com/pages/CausticCu ... 7885476928
CURRENTLY TAKING ORDERS

Glamour Trash

Post by Glamour Trash » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:47 pm

M1ssBehaved wrote:District 9 was a tear jerker for me too. That film sorta makes you feel a bit ashamed to be human!
Does it what!!!
It was a dam awesome movie though.

Grand Torino was on the other day, the end is so sad, I was crying like a baby noises and all :P
I think I make it worse when I try to hold the tears back.

bluexeon

Post by bluexeon » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:19 pm

watership down... god i hated my parents for making me watch that.

Why do they put it on at easter? How cruel is that, lets put a film about man killing nature on telly at easter when all the kids are dreaming of the easter bunny.

starlotus

Post by starlotus » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:29 pm

Pallidity wrote:I don't get to the point very often, but My Sister's Keeper got me pretty close. Also, Wall-e. When he gets all squished up? Yeah, that gets me pretty close too. Actually any kids movie with someone getting hurt or killed or someone being sad. Up was really awful with the little old guy so sentimental over his late wife.

Also, a bit ridiculous, but when it's around that time of the month all of the commercials for jewelry companies or showing a kid and a parent having a sweet moment does it. Around holiday's I just avoid paying attention to commercials :lol:
Wall-e got me. All the way through I kept saying "wow, this is the most depressing kids' movie ever." Right from the beginning I was sad because he was so lonely :(

Also Big Fish, What Dreams May Come, The Life of David Gale....probably a bunch of others. Depending on my state of mind, I can cry at anything, especially if I'm feeling lonely and it's a movie about close families or best friends or something. Lots of episodes of Grey's Anatomy have done it to me, and I admittedly actually cried at the end of Talledega Nights once.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Glamour Trash wrote:
Grand Torino was on the other day, the end is so sad, I was crying like a baby noises and all :P
I think I make it worse when I try to hold the tears back.
I bawled like a little child for the entire ending of that film, normally I don't cry much more than a few silent tears but Gran Torino...

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”