First naturals

Critical observations about your technique for installations, wear or use.
Forum rules
1. Stay on topic. Be specific and to the point.
2. Be polite. Flaming and personal attacks may result in a ban.
NearFantastica

First naturals

Post by NearFantastica » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Ugh I just typed out everything just to have it disappear on me. Oh well. OKAY! So, I've been experimenting with making naturals this time around. I wasn't sure what kind of a dread I would get with different amounts of hair, so I sectioned it into about 16 pieces and did about 4 smaller naturals before deciding I don't like them that small. So I combined two sections together and came up with the 1 bigger natural.

The smaller ones look a bit better than the bigger one. I was fairly sure that I had really backcombed it well, palm rolled it but when I sealed it, it came out looking like it wants to fall apart. Is it normal for naturals sealed with boiling water to look that way? It looks like I need to backcomb even more. I'd been looking at and falling head over heels for hellsbells' naturals and so wanted a set that looked similar to some of hers, but hers look much sturdier (and prettier of course lol) than mine. Just wanted some input before I go too much further, seeing as I'm broke as f*ck right now and need to make the hair I've got last lol.

Advice?

...I like to pretend that I'm a rockstar while driving o.O

NearFantastica

Re: First naturals

Post by NearFantastica » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:07 am

No replies? None at all? Lol.
...I like to pretend that I'm a rockstar while driving o.O

Miss Liberty

Re: First naturals

Post by Miss Liberty » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Naturals are not my forte unfortunately. But I think you are correct. They could do with some more backcombing. You have a nice start here, and they are a lovely thickness. I think they just need to be a bit sturdier. You could backcomb more and seal again, or you could try a crochet method. Either I think will help you with the look you are trying to achieve.

Return to “Hair Critique”