it's been a Long Time!

Critical observations about your technique for installations, wear or use.
Forum rules
1. Stay on topic. Be specific and to the point.
2. Be polite. Flaming and personal attacks may result in a ban.
starbaby

it's been a Long Time!

Post by starbaby » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:46 am

I can't believe how long it's been since I've been around here, or dreads in general. Well over a year if recollection serves! Tragic, isn't it? But after dusting off a set and taking them out to a concert the other night (and subsequently talking about how much I miss everything about them), my roommates demonstrated their amazing and set up a little dread making area to get me back in the swing. After being a bit wobbly at first, I think I'm doing alright. As encouraging as these two troublemakers are, I come to you guys for a far more technical view on my dive back into dreading.

So far this is the first part of a set I've had in my head for some time. I can tell that I need to work on their evenness as there a bit lumpy here and there. So I'd love input from all of you on what opportunities for improvement you might see!

IKickShins

Re: it's been a Long Time!

Post by IKickShins » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:45 am

I think they look great! I imagine they'll come out even with a bit more practice; you just need to get back into the swing of dreadmaking :) The backcombing, sealing, and ends all look fine though.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Celestial-Fox

Re: it's been a Long Time!

Post by Celestial-Fox » Tue May 15, 2012 7:40 am

I like these a lot! It's been said already, but the ends look great, which always seems to be the trickiest part. My only critique would be to watch the taper on some of them. Some look perfect, and others look a tiny bit lumpy in the middle. No worries, though; I'm sure it'll come back quickly!

Return to “Hair Critique”