first synth curlies!

Critical observations about your technique for installations, wear or use.
Forum rules
1. Stay on topic. Be specific and to the point.
2. Be polite. Flaming and personal attacks may result in a ban.
miss_mortisha

first synth curlies!

Post by miss_mortisha » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:49 am

Hey all - this was my very first full synthetic kit and i have to say im actually quite proud! 35 DE curlies - black to red trans and candycanes. Please let me knw what you think and any critique you can offer will be gratefully appreciated! (oh and isnt Caz a hottie!) lol.

[imghttp://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313614_249871968397964_169097379808757_789524_682521094_n.jpg[/img]

Image *snort*

Thanks guys
"never be afraid to reach for the sky, for if you fall, you'll land among the stars"
Mummy to Alyssia Teia Hope - 17th Jan 2010

SdSiNthetics

Re: first synth curlies!

Post by SdSiNthetics » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:15 pm

these are gorgeous big curls x
Hair fanatic, dread addict

miss_mortisha

Post by miss_mortisha » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:41 pm

Thank u Hun!
"never be afraid to reach for the sky, for if you fall, you'll land among the stars"

CryptiquesBizarre

Post by CryptiquesBizarre » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:02 am

Those curls are gorgeous and the transitionals look seamless. The only critique I would give are on the candy canes. The colors seem to run over the other and not make the actual candy cane look. At first I thought it was a wrappy but in the install I see it. Rivetlicker actually has a great tutorial on it and as always it's definitely practice. I think her main point is to use your thumb while twisting to move the colors where you want them to be and get a more even look.

The install looks lovely too!

CryptiquesBizarre

Post by CryptiquesBizarre » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:03 am

CryptiquesBizarre wrote:Those curls are gorgeous and the transitionals look seamless. The only critique I would give are on the candy canes. The colors seem to run over the other and not make the actual candy cane look. At first I thought it was a wrappy but in the install I see it. Rivetlicker actually has a great tutorial on it and as always it's definitely practice. I think her main point is to use your thumb while twisting to move the colors where you want them to be and get a more even look.

The install looks lovely too!
While I'm looking at it, it could just be where it's curling and I can't see that well from the pic. ><

miss_mortisha

Post by miss_mortisha » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:18 am

Yeah I totally agree, I had trouble keeping the colours from over running!!! Thanks sweet, I'll check out the tut xx

Return to “Hair Critique”